Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unionist bigotry and racism in the north

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Am I the only one who finds the outcry and media headlines over this moronic? Racist idiot shares idiotic meme on teh interwebz, quickly, everyone lose their collective sh!t

She's a bigoted eejit, I'm not denying that, but I guess I'm just of a generation which doesn't see taking crap idiots write on the internet seriously as a worthwhile use of one's valuable time. Sh!te and brain farts written on the internet should never be taken seriously or afforded any sort of legitimacy, the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Have to say got a giggle our of it.

Also who cares about some nordy facist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I'm more confused than offended.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,107 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Ah jolene bunting, a wondrous specimen who can barely string four words together

https://youtu.be/jL661NQCVoU

• Registered Users Posts: 28,501 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Anti Irish? Or anti frog?

I'm a little confused... the Union Jack Frog looks a little sad too. The 'Famine' cap & Guinness is crossing the line... if it wasn't for that it could actually be considered quite a perceptive comment on Brexit?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Trolling is a art.

Found it momentarily hilarious, then moved on with my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭dude_abided

This really is a precious time we live in..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

'I have famine', I think not, going by Leo's latest tax drive!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I thought it was quite funny......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

retalivity wrote: »
    Ah jolene bunting, a wondrous specimen who can barely string four words together

Is she wearing a Sari or something?
    The ironicles.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

The real crime is how **** the meme is, I guess you need to have some form of autism to enjoy pepe memes? Republicans rule the meme game.

Well, with the surname Bunting she might have a Lenny Murphy complex/feel she has a bit to prove on the anti-Irish front: Ronnie Bunting

She has form, too, God bless her.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,169 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Jesus, she's a rough looking one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I don't get the point of reporting the tweets. What good does that do? And she's so moronic it's funny. There's a link to a video of her giving an explanation on her Twitter page in which she says she didn't even notice the hat. It's so stupid it's hilarious. I was going to give a direct link to it but someone would most likely report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Have experienced my share of it in Belfast over the years got into a taxi outside Cash Converters store in Belfast City Centre years ago turns out it was at that stage a protestant taxi rank wouldn't go to falls road area I wanted to go to the park centre shopping centre guy turn on meter got out of the cab and walked off, I stayed for about 2 minutes then got out and left, not even sure if that was the whole reason or the fact that I'm a dub, still scares me to think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,218 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'm not in the least bit offended, I kinda feel sorry for her.

But the problem is, there are plenty of people in NI who will agree with what she says.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

To paraphrase Frank Gallagher from Shameless:
    "Keep your mouth shut love, you'll give inbreeding a bad name"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Don't give the fruitloop airtime. When you're too bigoted for Jim Allister you need to be starved of all oxygen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I'm having a good laugh looking at her page.

449953.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Am I the only one who finds the outcry and media headlines over this moronic? Racist idiot shares idiotic meme on teh interwebz, quickly, everyone lose their collective sh!t

She's a bigoted eejit, I'm not denying that, but I guess I'm just of a generation which doesn't see taking crap idiots write on the internet seriously as a worthwhile use of one's valuable time. Sh!te and brain farts written on the internet should never be taken seriously or afforded any sort of legitimacy, the end.

More like elected official shares idiotic meme on teh interwebz, gets called out.

I know what you're saying, but this kind of thing should be called out, rather than normalised. I don't think anyone is "losing their shhit" over this either, more like "ah jaysus what a gobshhite"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

No shortage of racist bigots down here.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/fg-leader-storm-after-******-joke-26243837.html

Never stopped him becoming Taoiseach.

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/lenihan-is-forced-to-say-sorry-over-stick-to-kebabs-jibe-25985852.html

And a government minister.

FF and FG had no major issue with these bigots.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I actually don't think it is quite the same.

Unionists in the north, to survive, have a siege mentality. That's how they keep the show going. I would argue this mentality leaves them far more exposed to being racist because they are use to fighting off the Irish "invasion" - this make them paranoid and so I guess new comers don't come out well either?

Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Have experienced my share of it in Belfast over the years got into a taxi outside Cash Converters store in Belfast City Centre years ago turns out it was at that stage a protestant taxi rank wouldn't go to falls road area I wanted to go to the park centre shopping centre guy turn on meter got out of the cab and walked off, I stayed for about 2 minutes then got out and left, not even sure if that was the whole reason or the fact that I'm a dub, still scares me to think about it.

Those taxis at that rank operate more like buses than taxis. They go along a set route and let people in and out for a flat fee. And , yes, those ones stick to Protestant routes. There are Catholic ones as well and if you were a Dub in an Ireland jersey, they wouldn’t take you somewhere that it not on their route regardless of whether they see you as a compatriot or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

retalivity wrote: »

Jesus that’s embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,292 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I have never heard of this person and I am from Northern Ireland.... But can't say I am surprised there are a shocking amount of bigots in little norn ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

She's a councillor therefore representative of the office so yes she should get reported. Person of the street , then ignored.

No she should not get away with this when she is taking the public purse

splinter65 wrote: »
    Jesus that’s embarrassing.

"We have to pay the EU £20bn per year"

I'm sure the mighty Northern Ireland taxpayer contributes to that.

Oh wait...

She has reposted with the famine comment on hat covered by an EU flag.... She comes across as a total thicko best ignored and reported

Just to say - just checked the specimen's twitter - she put it back up.

• Advertisement

Just to say - just checked the specimen's twitter - she put it back up.

Yup minus the famine comment though

Advertisement