Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

so how much weight did x mas add?

• 03-01-2016 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

I'm up 6pounds. How much extra weight did the festive period add or do u even care?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭gifted

I'm up 6pounds. How much extra weight did the festive period add or do u even care?

Up 2 lbs while reading this post alone ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just checked. Nothing. Not a lb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

I'll know in the morning:(

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

Santa brought me an extra chin.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Lisha wrote: »
    I'll know in the morning:(

Ah clever thinking, get a lb or 2 off with the ould morning 'log' :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

I gained 5 and a 1/2 pounds. Annoyed with myself but I loved all the sugar and cream.

From today there has been no sugar, and cream while gorgeous is a dim and distant memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Lost a few pounds. I usually lose weight over the xmas break.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

5 glorious indulgent pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

kfallon wrote: »
    Ah clever thinking, get a lb or 2 off with the ould morning 'log' :pac:

The aul Yule log trick.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,428 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

At a guess enough for a big newborn baby but still a small turkey ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Lost weight I believe.

Think I'm up about 7-8lbs and tbh I'm glad, I don't know how I managed to lose weight earlier in the year but it kinda worried me so glad to see some back on again!

All them taco chips on the way home from the pub have me ring in pieces tho, say it looks like downtown Beirut :o :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

I don't know and I don't care. I won't be weighing myself today, tomorrow or the next day.

The mirror told me I'm sexy, gonna take his word for it. Although I have started meal planning again. *le sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Pounds? Seriously? Metric please and thanks. Oh, and 1kg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I put on about a pound or two, I was trying to lose weight before Christmas and I was good enough in between Christmas day and New Year (with some splurges in between), I'm going to check the scales again tomorrow and I think I'll have lost weight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

I have a method I use every year ......... leading up to December I lose 12-16 pounds then enjoy Christmas!

I'd lost 13 pounds coming up to Christmas this year and put back on just under 9 pounds in December so I still have 4 pounds left to put back on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Can I just say that you shouldn't take what you see on the scales as gospel. It'll almost certainty be skewed due to carbs and whatnot. A lot of it will be water. Be kind to yourself my friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Down 3 pounds - happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kichencat

About 2lbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

At the peak I was up 5lbs, it's only a temporary thing, have dropped 2lbs so far (not the healthiest way) and am back in the gym tomorrow after an 8 day break

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

2lbs according to the scales but nothing in real terms as it'll be gone in a day or so. I didn't over indulge, I drank very little, I just had a few very large dinners that I wouldn't normally have had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

MadDog76 wrote: »
    I have a method I use every year ......... leading up to December I lose 12-16 pounds then enjoy Christmas!

I'd lost 13 pounds coming up to Christmas this year and put back on just under 9 pounds in December so I still have 4 pounds left to put back on. :)
    So assuming you are not bluffing and normal weight you are a stone underweight before Christmas, wouldn't it be easier to shed excess pounds after Christmas to get back to your normal weight?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I track my weight most days when I get up, and keep a record, was 152.2lbs a month ago and this morning 152.4lbs.
    I want to be a little heavier via muscle, not fat...I find it very hard to put weight on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Don't care. As long as I can see my dick without pressing down on my bloated stomach Homer Simpson style, all is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

About 2kg, since the holidays started on the 18th. I've another week yet though, so might get another kilo in there..
    I'll worry when I've to change belt notch.

Lost a couple kg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

about 3lbs :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Hard to say at this point. There is still some christmas cake, mince pies and apricot slices to go and that may take another few days to get through. Safe to say that the gym will be needed this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Down 5lb... trained like a bastard, ate and drank terribly though

• Advertisement

As of today, nadda. It's been up and down over the past couple of weeks but it's normal again now.

Back to eating three normal people meals tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Lost about a kilo, somehow, but probably added some cholesterol points!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Down a couple of kg I reckon
    I went for a walk the other day planning on stopping off at the next village for a pint. Three dead villages and 25km later I arrived home thirsty. Hadn't even a beer left in the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Public_Enema

Finally got to my ideal weight before Christmas and now I have to go and burn off those 5 Lbs of pure indulgence.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Maybe 1 or 2. More concerned about the BP. Probably due to the inactivity, rather than greed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Weighing myself tomorrow. I reckon it'll be about 5 pounds. Today was my last day of indulgence, I swear. Christmas was lovely but my body hates me right now. I can't wait to get back to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No idea and don't care either. Don't feel any different than last week and the clothes aren't any tighter/looser so I'll take it as unchanged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Up 2 or 3kg. Back to normality again tomorrow though so should come off soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I trained as normal over the holidays but I reckon I'm up around 5lbs! Back to normal eating tomorrow, hopefully the Christmas weight will be gone in no time.:(

newbee22 wrote: »
    I trained as normal over the holidays but I reckon I'm up around 5lbs! Back to normal eating tomorrow, hopefully the Christmas weight will be gone in no time.:(

Be gone in a week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Do people weigh themselves everyday? I haven't a clue. Probably about a kilo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Actually none, just really gassy from beer and dairy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

None for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

15lbs in decrmber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Lost weight, a tiny bit mind, but I was determined not to gain weight this christmas
    Stayed off selection boxes and sweet tins. They're the killers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

I put on just 8 and 3/4 pennyweights over the course of Yuletide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I'm up 11lbs but should shift most of that in January, I want to get rid of a few more along with that to get back to the shape I was in over the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Lia_lia wrote: »

I tend to weigh myself everyday. Bad habit altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Luighne

Weigh yourself in the morning if you want to feel good about yourself ; )

I lost a fair bit, not sure how it happened as I wasn't trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Lia_lia wrote: »

Yeah, every day. Just curiosity like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Half a stone over December ..that's on top of half a stone I put on on holidays in September and never shifted again.

I've work to do :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement