Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so how much weight did x mas add?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Lost about a kilo, somehow, but probably added some cholesterol points!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Down a couple of kg I reckon
    I went for a walk the other day planning on stopping off at the next village for a pint. Three dead villages and 25km later I arrived home thirsty. Hadn't even a beer left in the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Public_Enema

Finally got to my ideal weight before Christmas and now I have to go and burn off those 5 Lbs of pure indulgence.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Maybe 1 or 2. More concerned about the BP. Probably due to the inactivity, rather than greed.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Weighing myself tomorrow. I reckon it'll be about 5 pounds. Today was my last day of indulgence, I swear. Christmas was lovely but my body hates me right now. I can't wait to get back to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No idea and don't care either. Don't feel any different than last week and the clothes aren't any tighter/looser so I'll take it as unchanged.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Up 2 or 3kg. Back to normality again tomorrow though so should come off soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I trained as normal over the holidays but I reckon I'm up around 5lbs! Back to normal eating tomorrow, hopefully the Christmas weight will be gone in no time.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

newbee22 wrote: »
    I trained as normal over the holidays but I reckon I'm up around 5lbs! Back to normal eating tomorrow, hopefully the Christmas weight will be gone in no time.:(

Be gone in a week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Do people weigh themselves everyday? I haven't a clue. Probably about a kilo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Actually none, just really gassy from beer and dairy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

None for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

15lbs in decrmber

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Lost weight, a tiny bit mind, but I was determined not to gain weight this christmas
    Stayed off selection boxes and sweet tins. They're the killers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

I put on just 8 and 3/4 pennyweights over the course of Yuletide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I'm up 11lbs but should shift most of that in January, I want to get rid of a few more along with that to get back to the shape I was in over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Lia_lia wrote: »

I tend to weigh myself everyday. Bad habit altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Luighne

Weigh yourself in the morning if you want to feel good about yourself ; )

I lost a fair bit, not sure how it happened as I wasn't trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Lia_lia wrote: »

Yeah, every day. Just curiosity like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Half a stone over December ..that's on top of half a stone I put on on holidays in September and never shifted again.

I've work to do :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I actually managed to lose weight somehow!

But I have no idea how much and don't particularly care. I will never understand why people are so hung up on weight and what they should or shouldn't eat.

The best attitude to have in my mind is to just relax, enjoy your food, eat what you want and exercise accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Wasn't on top form in the weeks running up to December & was properly sick for 3 weeks up to & over Christmas & New Year - its all ok being healthy & abstaining but its no fun not being able to eat at all! Enjoy the evenings out & memories of good company & food consumed ! tomorrow's another day & you can always loose the pounds - far better to have had a good Christmas & a few nice nights out : ) I lost 3/4 of a stone but would rather have had the craic & conviviality !

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

About 1.5kg, but that's a combination of normal pregnant lady weight gain and a few too many Quality Street!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Lost 6 LBS

I maintained my weight.

Seems that this thread is turning into, "how much weight did you lose over christmas?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I bought 5 new shirts and all of them are just a little bit too small. That'll give me the kick up the arse I need to drop the xmas belly.*

*There's a chance I might have had the xmas belly since 2013 so it's about time it fecked off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I'm the exact same, but I know for a fact I lost muscle and gained fat. Screw you December, screw you.

I lost some weight. Excessive drinking leads to whole days in bed of not eating in the fetal position with a hangover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Steppenwolfe

I lost 8lb. There's nothing like having the vommiting bug xmas week. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I gained some, I don't know how much because I don't weight myself. The clothing still fits and I am sick of rubbish by this stage, so it should go down a bit soon.

Advertisement