Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dunnes Shop & Save [TESCO NOT ACCEPTING THEM]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Did a shop today and got a fiver voucher sun-wed, on a 120 spend, last week was around the same.

Did you not get 2 x €10 off €50 spend as well as the €5 off with a €120 spend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Did you not get 2 x €10 off €50 spend as well as the €5 off with a €120 spend?

Yeah....it seems to be a promotion they run every so often.

I usually have 2 vouchers so try to keep the bill as close to 100 as I can, it still generates the extra fiver voucher, so I don't think the fiver is related to spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Yeah....it seems to be a promotion they run every so often.

I usually have 2 vouchers so try to keep the bill as close to 100 as I can, it still generates the extra fiver voucher, so I don't think the fiver is related to spend.

No. It’s permanently run for ages now.
    Spend over 50 and you get a voucher back for 10 off 50, but if you shop between Thursday to Saturday, they give you a second voucher for 5 off 20 which will only be valid from the Sunday to Wednesday. You will only get one 5 off 20 voucher back no matter how much you spend.
    If you are spending a hundred, you are better off splitting it into 2 seve rate 50 spends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Seve OB wrote: »
    No. It’s permanently run for ages now.
    Spend over 50 and you get a voucher back for 10 off 50, but if you shop between Thursday to Saturday, they give you a second voucher for 5 off 20 which will only be valid from the Sunday to Wednesday. You will only get one 5 off 20 voucher back no matter how much you spend.
    If you are spending a hundred, you are better off splitting it into 2 seve rate 50 spends.

The fiver stopped for a while.

Yeah I would be better off to split it unfortunately I don't have the patience for that

Got an email off Dunnes tonight with a €10 off a €40 voucher which is scanned so no need to print.
    Don't really shop there anymore so presume it's to get me back in?

Got an email off Dunnes tonight with a €10 off a €40 voucher which is scanned so no need to print.

I’m still not getting these emails. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,008 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Ditto, caller. I feel most unloved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Does anyone know if you get a 10 off 40 back if you use one like the 10off50

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

TheDriver wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you get a 10 off 40 back if you use one like the 10off50

No- you get another 10-off-50 back in its stead.

• Advertisement

I lost my card months ago and took a new card and registered my email on it
    and have received at least three, €10 off €40 vouchers but rarely shop there.
    OH has the original card, gets no vouchers by email and she uses it a
    good bit.
    The voucher I got today has an expiry date of 20th Feb so 16 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Are you signed up to marketing emails?
    DUNNES have recently ‘improved’ their ValueClub section on their website - you ‘register’ with your email or phone to gain a log in and then you enter your current valuclub number

Once set up you can easily check marketing preferences

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭iisollie

Good number

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Niall20

Does anyone know if the emailed 10 off 40 vouchers are for unique use or can be used multiple times? Thanks

Niall20 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the emailed 10 off 40 vouchers are for unique use or can be used multiple times? Thanks

Single use only.

Hadn't used the above voucher and got another 2 email vouchers €10 off a €40 spend a week apart, both with 16 day expiry date from email date.
    Used 1st one but didn't get any €10 off a €50 spend on the bottom of the till receipt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

Hadn't used the above voucher and got another 2 email vouchers €10 off a €40 spend a week apart, both with 16 day expiry date from email date.
    Used 1st one but didn't get any €10 off a €50 spend on the bottom of the till receipt.

Did you spend more than €50?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

djdunny wrote: »

Excluding alcohol, household wares or clothing.

A lot of us are getting caught out by the alcohol thing.........

djdunny wrote: »

Forgot about the alcohol part, grocery spend was only €43 so that would explain it all right.

Anyone get one of these till spits?
    Selected Valueclub members receive an exclusive offer of (1) † €5 off €20 voucher upon swiping their card in a transaction of at least €1.

Until 09/11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Scan your Valueclub card to win, 21/11 - 18/12. Max one scan entry per week per VALUEclub number, mobile phone number and/or email address

A GRAND Prize of a €10000 Dunnes Stores Gift Card.

A STORE Prize for each participating Dunnes Stores outlet of a €250 Dunnes Stores Gift Card.

A WEEKLY Store Prize for each participating Dunnes Stores outlet of a €100 Dunnes Stores Gift Card.

Extra 10% off on your shop. Buy an e-gift card worth €100 and we’ll give you an e-gift card worth €10 https://www.dunnesstores.com/content/gift-card-select-currency/

Online use only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Is it definitely online use only. The details mentioned "Our new e-gift card can be used to shop online and in store across all departments."

Not sure now. I just saw it was an e-gift card, not physical. Maybe someone else can confirm if it's possible

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

This can be used in store. If you don't use the whole balance in one transaction, they'll put the remaining balance on a regular gift card.

Thanks for posting BTW, great spot!

so i can buy myself a gift card then for €100 and get another git card for a tenner?

any limit on number of times one can do this?

when spending said gift card, i assume the usual vouchers 10 off 50 can still be used?

I know, sounds too good to be true!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭crayon80

Feeling a bit thick but how do you order the e gift card? I select € currency and get a screen saying E gift card at the top and a whole lot of white space?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭raddo

Sorry for the question but how does this work? How can I use the gift card in store? Is it through the app?

You get an email with a link to the gift card. Clicking on that link opens the gift card in your web browser. The gift card is a barcode which the cashier scans. You can save it on your phone as a screenshot or PDF.

Is there a minimum you need to spend instore to get the remaining balance put on a physical card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

When I've used part of the e-Card balance to pay it has just reduced the available balance on the e-Card. Used twice in last few weeks and was not offered the remaining balance to be put on a physical card on either occasion. Then when refreshing/clicking the voucher link that is emailed after purchase of e-Card the new reduced balance is shown.

That what I picked up from reading the info in advance but in practice the remaining balance just remains on the e-gift card, which you can use over and over again until the balance is used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Does anyone know if there's a limit on buying the e-card? Could you for example buy 10 of them and get another 10 x €10 cards free?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Do Dunnes sell gift cards for any other business - Amazon, Topshop, etc

I don't go there that often as it is expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was in earlier and got two of the aged rib roasts on the bone. They were reduced from 16.49 a kilo to 13.49 a kilo (20% off) and came to 31.28 for both of them. Used the 10 off 30 voucher to bring that down to 21.28, happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

You really need to know prices of food when shopping there.

Went in Monday to get a turkey and ham. Both were a tenner dearer than aldi. I went there instead

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭crayon80

I asked and was told no.

Yes more expensive but I view it as the gift card means everything costs me 91% of the stated price so I'll buy certain basics + special offers + fruit/veg + use 5 off 25's etc.

Smart shopping @ crayon80!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Got 50 off 200e in, shopping this month was careful to buy what I needed and was on offer and not go too far above the max I had in vouchers

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭go4it

for some reason i couldn't pay the gift card with a credit card ; worked with revolut ( debit card )

• Advertisement
Advertisement