Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) @3Arena - 30 May 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Brilliant seats!
    Slap bang in the middle of the stage.
    Good one.

That’s good so, lucky to get them as I taught good seats would have been snapped up in the
    Pre-sales. Don’t go to the 3 arena much so took first tickets offered:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

There have been single tickets poping up on T/M but every time I clicked on it, it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Loads of tickets for this have been held back to drive the hype and demand for platinum and vip packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Hi got tickets for block k row 33 looking at the map it looks like row 33 is the front row of the block would that be right. Just checking as even though it's block k would be handy if no one was in front to block the view.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I got two in Block B for the Friday, but they're on the inner edge, so that's fine. They initially offered me the back of the hall, very high up in K, and then right on the edge of G, right beside the wall, but I wanted something more central. Thankfully, my gamble in searching again paid off. This is clearly one of the biggest demand shows of the year.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement

Loads of tickets for this have been held back to drive the hype and demand for platinum and vip packs.

Yep there's loads of tickets for both of them still for sale.
    Guess they reduced the number for general sale and just moved them into VIP/Platinum instead.
    Just a pity they can't sell them at those prices.:rolleyes:

He has added a fifth concert in London at the O2 .
    5 nights in a row.
    Crazy ,what people will fork out for nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

The amount of holdbacks for VIP and Platinum is insane

You have to laugh
    Aiken Promotions have warned people not to purchase tickets which have popped up on secondary sales site Viagogo "as firstly it’s wrong and secondly there is no proof that these tickets actually exist."

I don't think Jackman will be doing much singing in these shows .
    He has just added a matinee show for Birmingham and he is playing 5 nights in a row in London as well.
    Looks a ridiculously intense schedule so he will probably only sing some of the songs and have the orchestra and other singers perform the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭micks_address

Zardoz wrote: »
    He has just added a matinee show for Birmingham and he is playing 5 nights in a row in London as well.
    Looks a ridiculously intense schedule so he will probably only sing some of the songs and have the orchestra and other singers perform the rest.
    He only has about ten songs anyway from his movies and shows .I'd expect there to be a lot of talking ... Perhaps guest performances..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Zardoz wrote: »

I know he's older now, but that's no different from his Oklahoma! schedule. In keeping with West End practice, it likely had two matinees a week, so eight performances in total, Monday to Saturday. He's probably more than capable of this.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,413 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

He only has about ten songs anyway from his movies and shows .I'd expect there to be a lot of talking ... Perhaps guest performances..

Who said it's just songs from his movies? The man comes from a musical theatre background, I'm sure he'll sing whatever show tunes he fancies.

You have to laugh

Yeah MCD has a cheek, the amount of platinum tickets held back is shocking, Seatwave has well and truly been replaced by the platinum juggernaut which is worse, less tickets on sale for general and platinum tickets priced far higher than tout prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

boyznoise wrote: »
    You have to laugh

Yeah MCD has a cheek, the amount of platinum tickets held back is shocking, Seatwave has well and truly been replaced by the platinum juggernaut which is worse, less tickets on sale for general and platinum tickets priced far higher than tout prices.
    The artist is who I would be blaming for platinum tickets.

I wasn't blaming the promoter, TM & the artist are to blame

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭argentum

Extra Friday afternoon show added for those that missed out

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

argentum wrote: »
    Extra Friday afternoon show added for those that missed out

That sold out too . Not long after the first one did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

The matinee show is not on sale yet. He's doing two on the Friday now.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭whatever99

I got 6 tickets for block N. I just took whatever came up first. Are they crap seats? Row 51. Never been to the 3 Arena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Madness...he's now added a third "day" and playing twice on Friday!

Doubt he ever anticipated this demand but oh well he is making the most of it.

Jesus I wasn’t expecting this demand...herself wanted to go but I wasn’t to pushed. I like his stuff but am apprehensive to what a concert might be like.
    I was under the impression the tickets would be plentiful and I had loads of time to get them. She insisted I go on line at 9 yesterday morning and glad I did now or I would have been in some serious ****...selling out 3 concerts in the 3 arena is fairly impressive for a show that wasn’t even advertised that much..

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

whatever99 wrote: »
    I got 6 tickets for block N. I just took whatever came up first. Are they crap seats? Row 51. Never been to the 3 Arena.

You’re right at the very back, if not actually the back row itself. At least its not a side on view of the stage which are the worst in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lemonboots

Hi all,

Myself and my husband tried so hard to get tickets last week for the show. Kids love it. Just wondering if anyone has Presale three code for tickets for the extra matinee show? Or even know the best way to ensure tickets?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Lemonboots wrote: »
    Hi all,

Myself and my husband tried so hard to get tickets last week for the show. Kids love it. Just wondering if anyone has Presale three code for tickets for the extra matinee show? Or even know the best way to ensure tickets?

Thank you

Not sure if there will be a presale. Get the ticket master app on your phone and get your credit card details etc set up on it. Log in before 9am Tuesday (like 8.45am) and choose the hugh jackman concert - you’ll see a countdown clock ticking. As soon as 9am comes choose best available and take the first tickets offered. I did that yesterday and it worked (my pc was still loading at 9am and I already had my tickets). Good luck for Tuesday!

Not sure if there will be a presale. Get the ticket master app on your phone and get your credit card details etc set up on it. Log in before 9am Tuesday (like 8.45am) and choose the hugh jackman concert - you’ll see a countdown clock ticking. As soon as 9am comes choose best available and take the first tickets offered. I did that yesterday and it worked (my pc was still loading at 9am and I already had my tickets). Good luck for Tuesday!
    That’s the exact same way I do it ... pc loading away while I already had tickets got through the app.. maybe I was just lucky..

Hi,

Thanks a million for the advice. I didn’t have the app on my phone so have downloaded that now. Hopefully it will work.

Thanks guys:-)

The only thing with the App is that you cant see the full name of the event at least on Android anyway.
    So it will have 3 listings ,one for normal tickets ,one for VIP and one for Platinum and you cant tell the difference until you click in which is really annoying .
    So if you are in the wrong one ,you wont know until it loads at 9am and by then your chance could be gone.

Hi,

Sorry me again, just wondering if it’s best to use 4g or WiFi on phone (secured access that is-home broadband).

Last question I promise :-)

• Advertisement

Thanks Zardoz!! That’s good to know re:android! Think I’ll try using my iPhone and hubby on his android. Hopefully we will get some on the iPhone fingers crossed

Advertisement