Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) @3Arena - 30 May 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

Zardoz wrote: »
    I don't think Jackman will be doing much singing in these shows .
    He has just added a matinee show for Birmingham and he is playing 5 nights in a row in London as well.
    Looks a ridiculously intense schedule so he will probably only sing some of the songs and have the orchestra and other singers perform the rest.
    He only has about ten songs anyway from his movies and shows .I'd expect there to be a lot of talking ... Perhaps guest performances..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I don't think Jackman will be doing much singing in these shows .
    He has just added a matinee show for Birmingham and he is playing 5 nights in a row in London as well.
    Looks a ridiculously intense schedule so he will probably only sing some of the songs and have the orchestra and other singers perform the rest.

I know he's older now, but that's no different from his Oklahoma! schedule. In keeping with West End practice, it likely had two matinees a week, so eight performances in total, Monday to Saturday. He's probably more than capable of this.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

He only has about ten songs anyway from his movies and shows .I'd expect there to be a lot of talking ... Perhaps guest performances..

Who said it's just songs from his movies? The man comes from a musical theatre background, I'm sure he'll sing whatever show tunes he fancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

okidoki987 wrote: »
    You have to laugh

Yeah MCD has a cheek, the amount of platinum tickets held back is shocking, Seatwave has well and truly been replaced by the platinum juggernaut which is worse, less tickets on sale for general and platinum tickets priced far higher than tout prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

boyznoise wrote: »
    You have to laugh

Yeah MCD has a cheek, the amount of platinum tickets held back is shocking, Seatwave has well and truly been replaced by the platinum juggernaut which is worse, less tickets on sale for general and platinum tickets priced far higher than tout prices.
    The artist is who I would be blaming for platinum tickets.

I wasn't blaming the promoter, TM & the artist are to blame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭argentum

Extra Friday afternoon show added for those that missed out

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭wildrover444

argentum wrote: »
    Extra Friday afternoon show added for those that missed out

That sold out too . Not long after the first one did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

The matinee show is not on sale yet. He's doing two on the Friday now.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭whatever99

I got 6 tickets for block N. I just took whatever came up first. Are they crap seats? Row 51. Never been to the 3 Arena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Galego

Madness...he's now added a third "day" and playing twice on Friday!

Doubt he ever anticipated this demand but oh well he is making the most of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Jesus I wasn’t expecting this demand...herself wanted to go but I wasn’t to pushed. I like his stuff but am apprehensive to what a concert might be like.
    I was under the impression the tickets would be plentiful and I had loads of time to get them. She insisted I go on line at 9 yesterday morning and glad I did now or I would have been in some serious ****...selling out 3 concerts in the 3 arena is fairly impressive for a show that wasn’t even advertised that much..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭zac8

whatever99 wrote: »
    I got 6 tickets for block N. I just took whatever came up first. Are they crap seats? Row 51. Never been to the 3 Arena.

You’re right at the very back, if not actually the back row itself. At least its not a side on view of the stage which are the worst in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lemonboots

Hi all,

Myself and my husband tried so hard to get tickets last week for the show. Kids love it. Just wondering if anyone has Presale three code for tickets for the extra matinee show? Or even know the best way to ensure tickets?

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Lemonboots wrote: »
    Hi all,

Myself and my husband tried so hard to get tickets last week for the show. Kids love it. Just wondering if anyone has Presale three code for tickets for the extra matinee show? Or even know the best way to ensure tickets?

Thank you

Not sure if there will be a presale. Get the ticket master app on your phone and get your credit card details etc set up on it. Log in before 9am Tuesday (like 8.45am) and choose the hugh jackman concert - you’ll see a countdown clock ticking. As soon as 9am comes choose best available and take the first tickets offered. I did that yesterday and it worked (my pc was still loading at 9am and I already had my tickets). Good luck for Tuesday!

Not sure if there will be a presale. Get the ticket master app on your phone and get your credit card details etc set up on it. Log in before 9am Tuesday (like 8.45am) and choose the hugh jackman concert - you’ll see a countdown clock ticking. As soon as 9am comes choose best available and take the first tickets offered. I did that yesterday and it worked (my pc was still loading at 9am and I already had my tickets). Good luck for Tuesday!
    That’s the exact same way I do it ... pc loading away while I already had tickets got through the app.. maybe I was just lucky..

Hi,

Thanks a million for the advice. I didn’t have the app on my phone so have downloaded that now. Hopefully it will work.

Thanks guys:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The only thing with the App is that you cant see the full name of the event at least on Android anyway.
    So it will have 3 listings ,one for normal tickets ,one for VIP and one for Platinum and you cant tell the difference until you click in which is really annoying .
    So if you are in the wrong one ,you wont know until it loads at 9am and by then your chance could be gone.

Hi,

Sorry me again, just wondering if it’s best to use 4g or WiFi on phone (secured access that is-home broadband).

Last question I promise :-)

• Advertisement

Thanks Zardoz!! That’s good to know re:android! Think I’ll try using my iPhone and hubby on his android. Hopefully we will get some on the iPhone fingers crossed

Lemonboots wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry me again, just wondering if it’s best to use 4g or WiFi on phone (secured access that is-home broadband).

Last question I promise :-)
    I don’t think it makes a difference but I do have app on phone and iPad , iPad would be Wifi and phone 4g and I use what even loads first with the offer of tickets.
    Try keep in mind where the worst seats are..

Cool, Thanks a mil!!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭TheJet

Does anyone know what section in the 3Arena the €44 tickets were for? I might try for the matinee tickets for a gift?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Does anyone know what section in the 3Arena the €44 tickets were for?

At a guess it's normally Block P in the corner Row 40+ seats around 170 and same for Block H, High Row and seats 1-13 area.
    Didn't seem to be many at those prices by the looks of it.

I assume Matinee will be same prices as the later shows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

I also didn't think this would sell out so quick and I'm now left hoping I can get some for the o/h on the 11th. I've downloaded the Ticketmaster app but the new shows aren't on mine yet? I hope this is the same for everyone else? Also, what price range were the tickets? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Duff wrote: »
    I also didn't think this would sell out so quick and I'm now left hoping I can get some for the o/h on the 11th. I've downloaded the Ticketmaster app but the new shows aren't on mine yet? I hope this is the same for everyone else? Also, what price range were the tickets? Thanks.
    Tickets were 44 to 86 Euro (and then platinum and vip) but there seem to be very few of the low price ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Toast wrote: »
    The matinee show is not on sale yet. He's doing two on the Friday now.

When are they on sale?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    When are they on sale?

Tuesday at 9am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tuesday at 9am.

Is there any Three presale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Three website telling me they're gone.

• Advertisement

There is but it's the same time as general sale 9am Tuesday.

Three website telling me they're gone.

I'd guess they haven't put in the 2pm show yet.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/hugh-jackman-the-man-the-music-the-show-dublin-31-05-2019/event/18005589BC1D4059

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

There is but it's the same time as general sale 9am Tuesday.

Which makes no sense

Managed to get two at 09:10 this morning after waiting in line since 8:45 on the mobile app, then having the app crash on me when I had tickets in my cart at 09:01 giving me a mild stroke. Thanks to whoever suggested using the mobile app a few pages back! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Missed out on the first 2 gigs due to ****e with the website. Took your advice above and got tickets for the matinee this morning. Many thanks kind stranger

I chose speedy dispatch, gift wrapped (standard post) as a delivery option. Does this mean I'll get the hard copy ticket with the stub? Hopefully before Christmas too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Missed last two sales despite having a 3 presale code. Was on early this morning, got 2 in my basket within a minute, clicked to continue to next page/payment and they disappeared - got an error message and back to the start. Ended up with none. They weren't for me, but I will have 2 very disappointed people at home now. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

jamesbere wrote: »
    Did anyone get tickets for 45

I did, seats at the very edge of block H

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

I chose speedy dispatch, gift wrapped (standard post) as a delivery option. Does this mean I'll get the hard copy ticket with the stub?

Yes hard copy tickets, 4 days I think is the time taken.

Missed last two sales despite having a 3 presale code. Was on early this morning, got 2 in my basket within a minute, clicked to continue to next page/payment and they disappeared - got an error message and back to the start. Ended up with none. They weren't for me, but I will have 2 very disappointed people at home now. :(

Keep trying throughout the day. I got two in my cart again about 15 mins ago just checking to see if there was still some available.

• Advertisement

I did, seats at the very edge of block H

You did well.
    €86 for Block P just at the edges for a 2pm matinee is taking the ****.

Got 2 tickets for Block D row 20......lucky for once!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sp00k

I got 2 seats in Block C Row 20 as a Xmas present for my sisters. They wouldn't be the tallest, would that seating be elevated at all? I haven't been to an all seated gig at 3arena.

Urquell wrote: »
    Block D Row 20, is that close to the front?

And thanks to those who suggested the app!

Great seats by the way

I got 2 seats in Block C Row 20 as a Xmas present for my sisters. They wouldn't be the tallest, would that seating be elevated at all? I haven't been to an all seated gig at 3arena.

All seats are done in a stair formation so unless you are sitting behind a 7ft tall person, you will have perfect view.
    Lower Tier at the back of that Block, good seats.

Block D Row 20, is that close to the front?

Slap bang in the middle of the Lower Tier 20 Rows back. :D
    I'd say the seats lower down in that Block are all VIP & Platinum seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sp00k

All seats are done in a stair formation so unless you are sitting behind a 7ft tall person, you will have perfect view.
    Lower Tier at the back of that Block, good seats.

Ah excellent news, thank you.

You did well.
    €86 for Block P just at the edges for a 2pm matinee is taking the ****.

I was offered Block J ,row 50 ,thats 3 rows from the back of the venue and they were 86 euro plus fees ,thats 94 euro inc fees ,which is a complete rip off.

I was offered Block J ,row 50 ,thats 3 rows from the back of the venue and they were 86 euro plus fees ,thats 94 euro inc fees ,which is a complete rip off.

Guessing that's the same price as the Lower Tier Tickets which were available on GS.
    Makes no sense.

• Advertisement

Already sold out?

Advertisement