Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glastonbury 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Yeah,

I'm going for 2 again on the Sunday. How many are you trying for ?

1, possibly 2. I’ll know for sure by this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

If we can get a visa card sorted then 3 tickets

You could try a revolut card made with a uk address?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,142 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

My bloody credit card expired last month and I have to update my address with BOI before I can get the new one. Takes 5 working days to change the address and then 5 working days to send me the new card. Does anyone know if one of the pre paid master cards would work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

In 2017 a friend let me use their credit card for the deposit but I payed the outstanding balance with a revolut card the following April. I didn't try the revolut card at the time as it was my first attempt at tickets and didn't want to risk anything.

I won't have access to a credit card this time so I'm hoping I'll be able to use the revolut again.

If anyone would like to join me in setting up a ticket group send me a PM. If we are going for six in total we'll all need £300 GBP balance available on the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

This day week boys n girls. I'm going for 2 tickets for me and her indoors. I'm up for joining a group if it increases the chances. Pm me and we will sort out the logistics.

• Advertisement

Anyone going for the bus tickets tomorrow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Blahfool

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Anyone going for the bus tickets tomorrow ?

I'll be trying for some mates. Good practice run for Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Blahfool wrote: »
    I'll be trying for some mates. Good practice run for Sunday.

Some of our gang are trying tomorrow too. My nerves are gone already at the thought of it all :(

dmm82 wrote: »
    Some of our gang are trying tomorrow too. My nerves are gone already at the thought of it all :(

Same. I'm tempted to see if I can get some bristol coach tickets tomorrow. Bring on Sunday :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gonna try strictly as a test run for Sunday.. did the same last year with no luck! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

We are bringing our camper so no points trying for coach tickets tomorrow :( We managed to get tickets on the Sunday last time so I'm hoping we are lucky this time. Not feeling hopeful though ;(

Well good luck to all. There's no feeling like seeing that final screen and receiving the confirmation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Gonna try tomorrow.....

72.gif

Sorted my credit card problem so I’ll be trying for 6 tickets tomorrow. Feeling confident for some unknown reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

I never understood the coach tickets... do you get a random time or how does it work? I guess Bristol is going to be gone in seconds from all the international people trying for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Toast wrote: »
    I never understood the coach tickets... do you get a random time or how does it work? I guess Bristol is going to be gone in seconds from all the international people trying for it?

Usually a random time but you can choose times from London and Bristol as more coaches go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Best of luck all, I am still undecided as to whether to go for tickets on Sunday or take a second fallow year for myself and return for the big one next year.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Best of luck all, I am still undecided as to whether to go for tickets on Sunday or take a second fallow year for myself and return for the big one next year.

Glasot or no Glasto? Yeah that's a tough one alright! not

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Brianjl

So how does the actual allocation of tickets go? Is it a click and hope like ticketmaster here or is it a lottery based idea once you've entered your registration number? First time attempting to go, how hard is it to get tickets? We're not getting our hopes up!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Brianjl wrote: »
    So how does the actual allocation of tickets go? Is it a click and hope like ticketmaster here or is it a lottery based idea once you've entered your registration number? First time attempting to go, how hard is it to get tickets? We're not getting our hopes up!
    It is click and hope, then click some more, then wait for the page to load, then click on the next page, then get timed out on that, then if you are lucky enough to reach the payment page sit in panic for about 12 hours for a confirmation email to come through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Brianjl

robinph wrote: »
    It is click and hope, then click some more, then wait for the page to load, then click on the next page, then get timed out on that, then if you are lucky enough to reach the payment page sit in panic for about 12 hours for a confirmation email to come through.[/QUO

So I'm in for a nice stressful day!

My group has somehow mushroomed into 3 groups of 6!

Uber-prepared this year... even taking the pain out of copying and pasting where possible...

Screen_Shot_2018-10-04_at_14.31.19.png

AutoFill extension for Chrome / Firefox etc.

They changed it this year so once you're on the booking page you have 6 minutes to enter the details. Plenty of time to make a cup of coffee and go for a piss before typing it all in :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

How do you set that up when the form isn't available?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Basq wrote: »
    Uber-prepared this year... even taking the pain out of copying and pasting where possible...

AutoFill extension for Chrome / Firefox etc.

Can you paste the text string it is matching on please (one is enough)?

It was actually available for a short time yesterday morning, albeit not accepting bookings obviously..

.. plus the structure of the page hasn't changed in a long time. So I've it on good authority the above will work but use at your own risk.

Toast wrote: »
    Can you paste the text string it is matching on please (one is enough)?
    For first..
    ^registrations\[0\]\.RegistrationId$
    ^registrations\[0\]\.PostCode$

And for second..
    ^registrations\[1\]\.RegistrationId$
    ^registrations\[1\]\.PostCode$

And so on..

MadYaker wrote: »
    My group has somehow mushroomed into 3 groups of 6!
    Our group of 6 has mushroomed into 22! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I remember back in the mid 2000s the same faces in Dublin airport for this. When I hear of groups of 22 trying to get tickets now... Sheesh.

Advertisement