Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭893bet

Considering selling my Stowa antea creme 390 as I have my eye on something similar.

Will come on brown OEM strap and a junghans mesh. Images below.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103787810&postcount=4478

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104898553&postcount=4595

600 euro boards price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Homer wrote: »
    Another one up for the chop.. Seiko Samurai with original bracelet and mesh bracelet included also. boxed with all paperwork. In excellent condition as you can see. Looking to get around €350
    Anyone interested just drop me a PM before I list it on adverts. Any questions just shout!

2019-04-16-0003.jpg

This is back on the block. Just doesn't fit into my collection and not being worn. Lovely piece, looking to get the same as I paid homer €350.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

WANTED:

I'm looking for an Omega seamaster 300mprofessional blue or black dial must have box and papers. A receipt of purchase would be great also.

2. Tudor Black Bbay 36mm. Must have box and papers and be good condition. Receipt of purchase would be great also.

Thanks guys

sparrowcar wrote: »
    This is back on the block. Just doesn't fit into my collection and not being worn. Lovely piece, looking to get the same as I paid homer €350.

No on adverts..
    http://www.adverts.ie/18023011

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aidanathome

I put my Citizen Nighthawk on Adverts a few months ago, and ended up not selling it. I've added it again with the hope of shifting it this time in case anyone here is interested. I haven't really worn it since getting my Steinhart Ocean One.

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/citizen-nighthawk-eco-drive-gmt-solar-watch/17978904

Still looking to move this on if anyone is interested. Would go to 150 for a boardsie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Seiko PADI Turtle is still for sale, which really surprises me

So are the Borealis rubber straps. They really are good value. I'm wearing the original, an Isofrane, right now (retails at $180 and no discounts to be found anywhere) and while it is better, there isn't all that much in it either...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,707 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Unlikely to have any luck on adverts but you never know, i have a datejust incoming and i cant keep both so the cartier isnt hanging around...

Price is 5k, added 10% to adverts to allow for haggling

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/cartier-santos-blue-dial-wssa0013/18111569?notification=11c2e5a308f95848e4797ed293d1b483-1559907784

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

unkel wrote: »
    So are the Borealis rubber straps. They really are good value. I'm wearing the original, an Isofrane, right now (retails at $180 and no discounts to be found anywhere) and while it is better, there isn't all that much in it either...

Can voucher for this - their version 1 was terrible (a bit of an exaggeration - it's was meh) - but their version 2 is supple and wear great, I've never had an isofrane so can't compare but can't see how the quality could be much more improved over the Borealis straps (genuine rubber though probably not natural).
    Cyrus wrote: »
    Unlikely to have any luck on adverts but you never know, i have a datejust incoming and i cant keep both so the cartier isnt hanging around...

Price is 5k, added 10% to adverts to allow for haggling

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/cartier-santos-blue-dial-wssa0013/18111569?notification=11c2e5a308f95848e4797ed293d1b483-1559907784

You never know - I actually sold my Pelagos on adverts having tried facebook, watchuseek, and reddit. Reddit came close though with 2-3 buyers pulling out for various reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Casio B650b with negative display for sale

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/casio-b650b/18119342?notification=142319b0dc571c909b3f25f22c2f018d-1560001322

Cool Negative display and metal braclet, i just have to many watches.

893bet wrote: »
    Considering selling my Stowa antea creme 390 as I have my eye on something similar.

Will come on brown OEM strap and a junghans mesh. Images below.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103787810&postcount=4478

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104898553&postcount=4595

600 euro boards price.

Still available above!

Still available below (I have a few interested buyers wanting to view.....but nothing concrete).

https://www.adverts.ie/17082474

• Advertisement

sparrowcar wrote: »

Deal for a boardsie to be had here, open to sensible offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Hi,

Would anyone here have sold a watch on Chrono24 before? I've made a sale and the buyer's money is in escrow account. They're in Switzerland (non-EU), but I can't figure out if An Post will take it or not (An Post website says 'jewelry' won't be insured if sent by registered post. Jewelry is, in turn, defined as including watches that are "entirely or mainly composed of gold, silver or platinum or other precious metal".

It certainly isn't made up of any of these - it's 'only' a Tag Heuer Monza...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,766 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Hi,

Would anyone here have sold a watch on Chrono24 before? I've made a sale and the buyer's money is in escrow account. They're in Switzerland (non-EU), but I can't figure out if An Post will take it or not (An Post website says 'jewelry' won't be insured if sent by registered post. Jewelry is, in turn, defined as including watches that are "entirely or mainly composed of gold, silver or platinum or other precious metal".

It certainly isn't made up of any of these - it's 'only' a Tag Heuer Monza...

If you post a watch with an post outside of Ireland its not insured, best bet is to drive to the north if you can and use Royal Mail depending on the value

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    If you post a watch with an post outside of Ireland its not insured, best bet is to drive to the north if you can and use Royal Mail depending on the value

Nah - Not doing that.
    DHL maybe.

Nah - Not doing that.
    DHL maybe.

I tried dhl and they told me to go pound sand basically, they said they only do that for companies and not private customers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Royal Mail is superb for sending within the UK, but I think the price goes up a lot to the EU.

Captainsatnav - check this thread for more info, but the tl;dr from my experience is to either drive up to Norn Iron, or pay through the nose using Mail Boxes etc in Dublin city centre. I could not find a courier who would take a watch, fully insured.

Eoin wrote: »
    Royal Mail is superb for sending within the UK, but I think the price goes up a lot to the EU.

Captainsatnav - check this thread for more info, but the tl;dr from my experience is to either drive up to Norn Iron, or pay through the nose using Mail Boxes etc in Dublin city centre. I could not find a courier who would take a watch, fully insured.

Thanks very much. I really appreciate that link. Looks like I've no option really than just take the risk on An Post registered post and say a prayer.

Thanks very much. I really appreciate that link. Looks like I've no option really than just take the risk on An Post registered post and say a prayer.

Depending on the value that’s quite a gamble, it’s the main reason I stopped selling on chrono24

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

When I bought my BLNR from an official dealer they sent it registered post.

AmberGold wrote: »
    When I bought my BLNR from an official dealer they sent it registered post.

Without insurance?

• Advertisement

Depending on the value that’s quite a gamble, it’s the main reason I stopped selling on chrono24

Sure if none of the operators will insure the package what can be done? It seems it's impossible to send watches from this country if you want to insure them...

I just banged it in the DHL delivery at work.:eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I just banged it in the DHL delivery at work.:eek:

Fingers crossed for a couple of days so:(

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for a couple of days so:(

And Accounts don't query it...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Sure if none of the operators will insure the package what can be done? It seems it's impossible to send watches from this country if you want to insure them...

It's not though, you just have to pay through the nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

2 of my Seiko Divers up for sale.

1. JDM Seiko Sumo

2. JDM Seiko Samurai

Pictures on Adverts.ie

Selling to make way for a swiss diver.

893bet wrote: »
    Still available above!

Still available below (I have a few interested buyers wanting to view.....but nothing concrete).

https://www.adverts.ie/17082474

And sold!

Me and thick watches simply can’t be friends.

My Steinhart and Seiko are sold. No interest in my Borealis rubber straps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicken George

unkel wrote: »
    Got my Merkur today (Seiko Tuna homage)

Lovely watch, but I ordered it in blue and they sent me a black one. They suggested I send it back for a full refund, but that's a pain in the neck

s-l1600.jpg

Looks a lot more expensive than what they are. Gets great reviews, google it. Paid USD199 for it (EUR 185) - didn't get hit for customs on this one. If anyone wants to match that or come very close, they are welcome to the watch

Hi guys, it was me who bought this Merkur off Unkel 5 months ago. I purchased two Barton straps for this watch, one white leather & one a green Nato strap. They look really good on it.
    It's a lovely watch but I just haven't been getting use of it. I wear Gshocks as a daily watch and I rarely get the occasion to wear the Merkur.
    Therefore I have decided to list it on Adverts tomorrow.
    Just giving the heads up to boardsies for first shout in case anyones interested. Im looking for €150 and that includes the two extra Barton straps.

• Advertisement

Must resist the temptation to buy it back :)

If only it was blue!

Advertisement