Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-01-2019, 09:43   #46
thomond2006

Those (intercity) trains are very comfy to sit on but they're definitely not suitable for standing.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-01-2019, 14:14   #47
Ireland trains

Irish rail need 85% fleet available at peak times which i dont know if thats good or bad but im my opinion they should be trying to use all the trains they have (maby 1/2 in maintanence)
Thanks from:
16-01-2019, 17:32   #48
NewbridgeIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishZeus View Post
My wife described the PPT train yesterday as being like the Luas at rush hour. Standing room only, and she needed to squeeze at that. She was between carriages as the aisles were also completely full and no one could move further up/down. (On at Sallins, off at GCD)

I can assure you that some of the services are very overcrowded.
Morning 7.00am train is not full at Newbridge. There is a massive influx at Sallins (the start of the cheap ticket zone) and it’s jammed thereafter.
Thanks from:
16-01-2019, 20:36   #49
Jamie2k9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbridgeIR View Post
That 5.35pm service ex-Tara is unpleasantly full. I avoid if it all possible. The 4:47pm or 6:22pm are much better. Or getting one of the Hazlehatch services snd changing at Park West for the Portlaoise train isn’t a bad option either.
I was on it yesterday and while its probably the bussiest peak service. Adding extra capacity would be good but I don't think it justifies it yet because a 5 car is unlikely available and that manes 6/7 car train which is way to much.

Quote:
Irish rail need 85% fleet available at peak times which i dont know if thats good or bad but im my opinion they should be trying to use all the trains they have (maby 1/2 in maintanence)
It would be considered good if not slightly above average.
17-01-2019, 21:50   #50
silverharp

lovely train going the other way, get a nice 4 seater to myself at gcd, bring a flask of coffee and my breakfast, very civilised
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
24-01-2019, 09:16   #51
silverharp

Is there anyway to tell in advance which end of the train the bike storage is? had a puncture so got the train back to Pearse but it seems to be a 50/50 guess?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion