Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Official Roses/Heroes/Quality Street/Celebrations et al Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

eoz wrote: »
    1.2kg tins of Quality Street in Centra Friday 1st only for 6 euro

Limited to 1 per customer in my local store.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Limited to 1 per customer in my local store.

Ditto in Lucan- and they are policing it- I saw a few people being told put them back on the display........

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Only fair I guess?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Only fair I guess?

Yup.......
    After the various incidents of people coming in solely for the one item on special (such as the Guinness in Eurospar on Black Friday)- its only right that they put some sort of workable policy in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Is that all Centra stores?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Tubs of Quality Street are €4 in Tesco until the 3rd!

Cheaper again for anyone with Tesco or competitors voucher. If you use a spend €50 save €10 they'll come down to €4.24/kg. Depending in how close to the €50 mark you get!

Is that all Centra stores?

Supposedly, but at this stage of the day don’t waste your time, I’d say these are gone 5 minutes after opening, tried two today and both said they only got half what they were supposed to - exact same excuse as the choc Kimberley. I’d say they are stacked inside for staff

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Supposedly, but at this stage of the day don’t waste your time, I’d say these are gone 5 minutes after opening, tried two today and both said they only got half what they were supposed to - exact same excuse as the choc Kimberley. I’d say they are stacked inside for staff

Comment is unfair and inaccurate. For alot of the deeper cut promotions store has no control over the promotion and usually get very little notice of it.Even if it is allocated you often you don't receive your expected allocation as demand exceeds supply. No issue with customer quotas or staff keeping 1 for themselves, after all they're customers too.

Re the chocolate Kimberley store ordered their stock at the trade show in May and would have not known or expected that they would go half price, impossible to have enough stock in those circumstances as if you had known in advance you could have increased your order tenfold.

Tubs are €4.95 in ALDI now, along with Tesco

Tubs are €4.95 in ALDI now, along with Tesco

And Eurospar- and anywhere else who actually want to shift stock..........
    They really are shovelling them out the door this year!

• Advertisement

And Eurospar- and anywhere else who actually want to shift stock..........
    They really are shovelling them out the door this year!

We’ll see €4 yet I’ll bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

A real sweetie, Feror rocher (cant spell) is on offer in Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

What's the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Kuva wrote: »
    A real sweetie, Feror rocher (cant spell) is on offer in Dunnes.
    how many & price? loads of rocher offers are bogus. In dealz is it 2euro for 8

http://www.dealz.ie/ferrero-rocher-8-pack

Last time I was in dealz there were new packs I had not seen, maybe 6 in the pack, not sure if they were 1.50 either, could be 2euro, even though the link says 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

matchthis wrote: »
    What's the offer?

€8 for 48

Let's make this thread about nice sweets, not the nasty tubs they're nearly giving away this year.

€8 for 48

Let's make this thread about nice sweets, not the nasty tubs they're nearly giving away this year.

That’s all subjective init

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

€8 for 48

Can I ask in which Dunnes you saw this? I thought I was doing well with them at €8 for 24 in tesco but this is smashing value!

murphm45 wrote: »
    Can I ask in which Dunnes you saw this? I thought I was doing well with them at €8 for 24 in tesco but this is smashing value!

Definitely available (or was last weekend anyway) in Dunnes Maynooth.
    Also had 24 of the coconut/almond ones for a fiver (still can't find anyone who eats those ones).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

In Dunnes Citywest yesterday it was 4 packs of Ferrero Rocher 24 pcs for €20. Pretty good deal I think.

Celebrations tubs €4.00 Tesco

• Advertisement

Celebrations tubs €4.00 Tesco

4.75 in Euro Spar.......

They really are shovelling chocolate out the door like never before this Christmas!

pouches of celebrations were 3euro in my tesco, about 450g,

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MB05

Dunnes are selling the Xmas tubs off for €3. I saw some Roses and Heroes in the one in North Earl St. yesterday and Celebrations in the Northside Shopping Centre one today. I think there is about 650-700g in the tubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,880 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

There appear to now be only 3 Brazillian Darkness per Roses tub! Even at 3 euros a tub, I can't go for that :(

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Supervalu selling pouches of Quality St. (500g inc. wraps), Cadbury's Heroes (460g) and Toblerone for €2.50 each reduced from €6.50...

odyssey06 wrote: »
    There appear to now be only 3 Brazillian Darkness per Roses tub! Even at 3 euros a tub, I can't go for that :(

Opened a tub yesterday and there was ONE in it, Cadbury philistinism

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Supervalu selling pouches of Quality St. (500g inc. wraps), Cadbury's Heroes (460g) and Toblerone for €2.50 each reduced from €6.50...
    Must look for the Toblerones. Hope it's all branches.

Must look for the Toblerones. Hope it's all branches.

if you like toblerones then try the twin peaks bars in dealz, 1.50euro for 180g, the regulars are still there 150g. I prefer them over toblerone as did my other taster. I think they did blind tastes and something like 66% preferred them.

Mini toberlones are fine, the big ones have bits in them that are far too big for my liking, they stick in your teeth. The twin peaks can also be broken into smaller pieces easier. I would like to see dealz just come out with 3-5packs of smaller versions.

image.jpg

mine were in a greenish pack like this
    TwinPeaksBars_large.jpg?width=600&s=bn-816145

Dealz/poundland should really come out with a rival to celebrations/heroes etc. Could come up with some smart names to get them in the media-
    celebrations -commiserations
    quality street - mediocre lane
    roses - dandelions
    heroes - villains

Dealz did a deal with toblerone makers that they would stop making twin peaks once the run was done to avoid litigation, agree that the twin peaks was far better but it’s gonna be no more soon.

• Advertisement

Dealz did a deal with toblerone makers that they would stop making twin peaks once the run was done to avoid litigation
    I was not sure if they were still going to be available, i.e. in some shape or form. My understanding was that it was the extremely similar packaging that was the major issue. The ones I got were the green packing. I think 500,000 of these were still meant to be available, not sure if it really was limited to that, or just the press

It was all a big clever & slick marketing trick, poundland/dealz won as did toblerone/mondelez, both got free advertising, and both had boosted sales.

If they do have to stop the shape then I imagine they could make more in a different shape, which I would actually prefer it, as toblerones are a terrible shape to actually eat.

The likes of hunky dorys are sold in aldi alongside "okey dokeys" both made by the same factory. Difference here is the twin peaks are made by another company, but still, dealz will sell toberlones.

Advertisement