Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why I am not a feminist and don't believe in 'equality'.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

rossie1977 wrote: »
    2,000+ posts in a month.

You have plenty of free-time if nothing else

I don't actually. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

This thread is will be fun. A crack pot opening post that all the MAGA fans on boards will love.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Blaizes wrote: »
    I think your points are very true, stay at home mothers are frowned upon by some and women being kind and nurturing can be viewed as weak. In other parts of Europe I think being female and expressing those feminine traits is more acceptable and more appreciated.And you are right when we lose these traits we become less kind as a society and Ireland is becoming more and more like this, less tolerance of others, less kindness.I could rant on but I think your observations are very good and would be what I’d feel myself.

With all due respect I couldn't disagree more. Ireland becoming less kind as a society? I was a teenager in the 80s modern society is much kinder and much more tolerant.

I have a 13 year old son and a 15 year old daughter. I didn't need to teach masculine or feminine traits kids find their own personality, we just try not to f*ck them up too much.

My son is into football my daughter loves Ballet. All nice and gender confomative, the thing the work, exercise, skill and determination she puts into her ballet is multiples of what my son puts into his football.

baaba maal wrote: »
    Got it. You studied philosophy and have read Moulton.

This however....

It's influenced by ....how much the masculine trait of winning is valued.

I don't have to win the argument.

In fact why have an argument?

....is nonsensical to me. Why use the word "argument" when you have said you are not interested in changing anybody's view about it- how about:

I make a statement but don't feel the need to support it

In fact, why make the statement at all?

Self expression. :)

A wish to share. A wish to engage in a non adversarial way.

Haven't you noticed? All we do is argue ARGUE today online.

joe40 wrote: »
    With all due respect I couldn't disagree more. Ireland becoming less kind as a society? I was a teenager in the 80s modern society is much kinder and much more tolerant.

I have a 13 year old son and a 15 year old daughter. I didn't need to teach masculine or feminine traits kids find their own personality, we just try not to f*ck them up too much.

My son is into football my daughter loves Ballet. All nice and gender confomative, the thing the work, exercise, skill and determination she puts into her ballet is multiples of what my son puts into his football.

Well I wasn't around in the 80s so i cannot say. :)

If we don't want to roll back etc ..its not to say we are entirely happy with where we have ended up though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

feminism is like trade unionism - still valid but has become a sad caricature of itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fair enough but how do you explain Twink?

meeeeh wrote: »
    This thread is will be fun. A crack pot opening post that all the MAGA fans on boards will love.

It's not going to be like that at all. We are all going to be lovely to each other no matter what we think. :)

Fair enough but how do you explain Twink?

OH GOOD LORD.

IF ANYONE NEEDS A SHOT OF ESTROGEN!

She has the manners of a dog.

feminism is like trade unionism - still valid but has become a sad caricature of itself.

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OH GOOD LORD.

You're dead right, she is a terrible brute in all fairness. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

OH GOOD LORD.

You are talking about masculine and feminine personality traits, not feminism. The thread title is misleading as feminism isn't what's being discussed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Self expression. :)

A wish to share. A wish to engage in a non adversarial way.

Haven't you noticed? All we do is argue ARGUE today online.

Sorry, engaging in a non-adversarial way? you have made a statement but seem to claim that anything countering it is an argument and therefore not something you want to engage with.

So (and this is a genuine question), can I disagree with your statement without you claiming it is an argument? What are your terms for engagement?

If you want to share a personal philosophy but don't wish to debate it you might take out a billboard ad- this is, as you are aware, an online forum.

I think it's important to point out that there's a different between the concept of feminism and how it's expressed or interpreted.

Feminism (according to The Internet), is "the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes."

How people express that, or interpret that, or how particular activist groups act, does not represent 'feminism'.

ILoveYourVibes, if you don't think men and women are the same, that doesn't mean you're not a feminist. The two things are not directly linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Well I wasn't around in the 80s so i cannot say. :)

If we don't want to roll back etc ..its not to say we are entirely happy with where we have ended up though.

Do you have the knowledge of the event and the date of how and when women gained personal autonomy in Ireland?

I don't think you did. You don't even really understand what feminism is.

No I really did promise you. And i wasn't writing it disagreeing with it.
    And my lecturer thought it was so good he uses it in his lecture notes he hands out to students now.
    Just know there are philosophy students RIGHT NOW reading notes on feminist epistemology by ME. Someone who didn't believe a WORD of what they were writing. But i needed the grade.

Do you have the knowledge of the event and the date of how and when women gained personal autonomy in Ireland?

Yes. That is such a vague statement though. It could mean anything.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

No I really did promise you. And i wasn't writing it disagreeing with it.
    And my lecturer thought it was so good he uses it in his lecture notes he hands out to students now.
    Just know there are philosophy students RIGHT NOW reading notes on feminist epistemology by ME. Someone who didn't believe a WORD of what they were writing. But i needed the grade.

Proof that standards in colleges here have indeed dropped :pac:

Yes.
    Great tell us then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Or an egalitarian.
    This is it

But you don't "believe in 'equality'"???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

When was the date and what was the event then?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

SusieBlue wrote: »
    These are all personality traits and have nothing to do with being a feminist. Jesus wept.

But yet femminism is a personality trait, Jesus wept again, nice try though....
    Femminists use their personalities to get their message across...

SusieBlue wrote: »
    You are talking about masculine and feminine personality traits, not feminism. The thread title is misleading as feminism isn't what's being discussed here.

I would ask you to be understanding and fluid with the rules.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

:confused:
    I don't think you did. You don't even really understand what feminism is.

She didn't say it was a good thesis.

Edited: Yes she did:confused:

Stheno wrote: »
    When was the date and what was the event then?

Define personal autonomy?

Is it really even possible?

Quick edit there.

No there are 2 specific dated when women were awarded personal specific freedoms.

amcalester wrote: »

She claimed her lecturer now uses the content to teach other students?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    But yet femminism is a personality trait, Jesus wept again, nice try though....
    Femminists use their personalities to get their message across...

Feminism is NOT a personality trait. You are describing someone who sounds like a bit of an assh*le and blaming the fact that they are a feminist on those behaviours.

Femininity and Feminism are two completely different things. I can't believe I even need to explain this.

amcalester wrote: »

It was a bloody good thesis. I got a first. ;)

I probably inspired feminists for years.

Karma they are all going to hate me now!

• Advertisement

Define personal autonomy?

Is it really even possible?

Yes it is.
    Chattel to full citizen

Advertisement