Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Well if the shoe fits...

A size 14 in Perse's case ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Ah Mam,

What in the world has come over you,
    What in heaven's name have you done!!

:P

song is stuck in my head now.

I've broken the speed of the sound of loneliness ,
    I'm out there running just to be on the run...

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

John Prine Appreciation Society :)

Was handy enough to play too, you'd get away with G C & D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Coffee & twix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'd love one myself now but I'd be staring at the ceiling for the night.

Now I'm listening to Lonnie Donegan, remembered for novelty songs but he was a bona fide blues man too

Seven Worlds will Collide

Well aren't you all fierce funny altogether :p

My feet are currently under the duvet where they are getting nice and warm. They are such beautiful little appendages that I wish I could bend all the way down and give each toe a big kiss!

Actually that reminds me. There was once this lad ........... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭I says

Here’s more of me feet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Oh gawd!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Jealousy doesn’t look good on them ;)

Now couchside watching when missing turns to murder

In an absolutely fowl temper. Just got a call from my brother, some utter idiot has done something I repeatedly told him not to do with some young bullocks down home, and two of them now have ended up wrapped in barbed wire, cut to ribbons. The vet is going out in the morning. Absolute mayhem down there tonight apparently, trying to catch bullocks strangled up in the stuff.

Sorry to interrupt the good humour of the thread. I'm fcuking livid. I could swing for that IDIOT.

As ye were... Heh.

• Advertisement

The poor animals Tyrant :( Yikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sounds like a right mess Tyrant. Hope the animals are able to recover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Couchside, planning to get rid of sky over the next few weeks and lamenting the amount of money I spent today on a Blender. It's going to make life a lot easier with the blended feeding but Holy crap it was almost 400e. :o. It's like someone punched my wallet, while it was sitting on my tummy :D fs

The poor animals Tyrant :( Yikes.

Sorry, I needed that rant. I'm thinking of them standing in a shed dripping with cuts because the vet can't go tonight, they'll probably have to be euthanized, you can't stitch animals like that, it's pointless.

Feel a bit guilty now about bringing the thread down, but I'm raging. Someone tell us something uplifting to get us back on course!

Our lovely neighbour has just called around. The man is a tonic-in his 80's and I've never seen him in bad humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Hitting the leaba, busy day at the coalface today and the same tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sorry, I needed that rant. I'm thinking of them standing in a shed dripping with cuts because the vet can't go tonight, they'll probably have to be euthanized, you can't stitch animals like that, it's pointless.

Feel a bit guilty now about bringing the thread down, but I'm raging. Someone tell us something uplifting to get us back on course!
    That’s absolute appalling. Is there definitely no vet on call?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Couch, in front of the fire. Still sick so taking tomorrow off college too

That’s absolute appalling. Is there definitely no vet on call?
    No, it's a pooled on-call service between various practices. He wants to give them until morning and the brother agreed. I'd rather put them out of their misery tonight tbh.
    honeybear wrote: »
    Our lovely neighbour has just called around. The man is a tonic-in his 80's and I've never seen him in bad humour.
    now this is better news. He sounds lovely.

• Advertisement

No, it's a pooled on-call service between various practices. He wants to give them until morning and the brother agreed. I'd rather put them out of their misery tonight tbh.

I’m sorry, that’s awful. Is there any glimmer of hope it may not be as horrific as you think? Though the mere thoughts of an animal wrapped in barbed wire is making me queasy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

What did he do tyrant?
    Having a cup of lemon and ginger tea on the couch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

In sweet comforting bed.

This is a new era for me going to bed this early. I went at 10 last night and it gave me the taste for more. So here I am in the lovely bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

It's a good habit bones.! I'm gonna follow your lead!

What did he do tyrant?
    Having a cup of lemon and ginger tea on the couch.
    they've been in a slatted shed for months. He let them out tonight, after dark, into a field with barbed wire. He was told to let them off into a different field early this morning so they could calm down and catch their bearings.

They went ballistic and ran riot into barbed wire. We're lucky only two were caught up in it.

I don't know, I'm hoping my brothers account is pessimistic. It's not even the value of the animals that's the problem, in case anyone thinks that - they're young friesian bullocks (not worth much), it's the idea of what happened them that has me annoyed.

In sweet comforting bed.

This is a new era for me going to bed this early. I went at 10 last night and it gave me the taste for more. So here I am in the lovely bed.
    There's nothing like getting into a healthy sleep cycle. Does you the world of good.

• Advertisement

He is a dote. Arrives in the door with a giant hug for my Mum & one for me because he “doesn’t want me to be jealous!”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

We used to always leave them out early in the morning & let them let off all the freedom steam around the shed. 3/4 of an acre of wasteland before bringing them anywhere.

I can fully understand your anger, they could have ended up anywhere in the darkness.

I am usually pessimistic, but I hope it is only a couple of scratches & cuts. It is always hard to visualise events when you are hearing them second hand & we all assume the worst scenarios.

honeybear wrote: »
    He is a dote. Arrives in the door with a giant hug for my Mum & one for me because he “doesn’t want me to be jealous!”
    what a gentleman. I'm sitting here, taking deep breaths, inhaling his lovely vibes :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tyrant hopefully they aren't too bad. I'm fecking fuming with the cast iron idiot that did that.. Actual lunacy..

Anyone with a brain cell in their head would have realized not to let cattle in all winter out in the dark. The best part of spring is letting the cattle out and seeing them frolick in the grass. Look sure you’ll know more in the morning, hopefully it’s not as bad as it sounds.

I’m in bed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Sorry to hear that tyrant, what kinda bolox let's cattle out from lock up after dark, I'd stick my boot up his hole if I got near him.
    Had that happen myself once with calves, dogs scared them through it. I have no barbed wire any more, electric fence, strong straight wire, it holds them even if the shock doesent make them go back straight away.
    I hope it's not a euthanasia case, things often look different in the daylight, if they can be penned and sedated the vet should be able to get it cut off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,266 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

€400 for a blender, what on earth does it do?

Airport bound with the mutt to pick up the wife, her 5 weeks of freedom is over :):)

smurfjed wrote: »
    Airport bound with the mutt to pick up the wife, her 5 weeks of freedom is over :):)
    I love the fact you're taking the dog along!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Watching weather radar, impressive squall line.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm watching the Streets of San Francisco. Starring Karl Malden and Michael Douglas.

€400 for a blender, what on earth does it do?
    Well hopefully it'll make 2 weeks of pouch dinners in 10 minutes with no lumps :D

I'm also hoping it'll vacuum, mop, wash up and load the dishwasher... :D

cbyrd wrote: »
    Well hopefully it'll make 2 weeks of pouch dinners in 10 minutes with no lumps :D

It'd want to make everyone's dinner for that money :P

T’would want to cook the dinner and all for ya for that price :p

cbyrd wrote: »

Me too. It'd be great.
    Nah I'm looking at a few years of blended diet so needed to make a good investment. Much safer that the stick Blender and the seive. If I accidentally block the tube its a Crumlin job. Blended diet is not supported by any of the hospitals so I'm winging it. There's a group I'm in on Facebook that give recommendations on blenders, I was going to go for the vitamix at 750e... Until someone recommended this one. 10 year guarantee.. But it doesn't make tea. :'(
    Can't wait to get it. :D
    I'm in me bed.

• Advertisement

Bed listening to the wind and rain outside. It’s so nice when you don’t have to be out in it :D

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Bed listening to the wind and rain outside. It’s so nice when you don’t have to be out in it :D

Just back in, drowned rat but wind has died down..

Wherever I go, he goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bedside listening to the wind :)

Night all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Bedside, heart is racing, mind is racing, don't think I'm sleeping tonight.

TG1 wrote: »
    Bedside, heart is racing, mind is racing, don't think I'm sleeping tonight.

Awful feeling. Well i'm here for the night anyway..

Wherever I go, he goes

Awwww what a nice boy :)
    I need a buddy to ride shotgun with me like that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*peeks into thread*

Howdy Seph

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Tg1, I am up and at it so if you need to vent, hit me up.

On the way to the airport to try sort out passport mess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement