Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

She's unable to live within the constraints and expectations of society and shes likely to raise her children in a similar fashion.

The wheel goes 'round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

I hope people aren’t suggesting Peter Casey is right. That would be awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

KevinCavan wrote: »
    I hope people aren’t suggesting Peter Casey is right. That would be awful.
    I hope people aren’t suggesting Peter Casey is wrong. That would be deluded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    I don’t know why posters are getting so uptight about I saying that she isn’t that stupid. I was only giving her credit about being so knowledgeable about stealing and claiming state benefits.

I think you misunderstand me I was not disagreeing with your post I was quoting it and adding to it.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

jjmcclure wrote: »
    One of her mates in on facebook says "How is this in the papers? This isn't a news story. I'm sorry they're targeting you" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I don't believe that for a second. There's no way that person used the correct spelling of they're.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

What do all her bleeding hearts supporters have to say about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭secman

Haven't read the whole thread so not sure if it was already asked, did Margaret not play the culture card... ? Doing it for hundreds of years and the ethnic minority group thingy thing, did that not cover her actions too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

MFPM wrote: »
    So the housing neglect by the state is justified due to a misdemeanor? Are you in favour of every person housed by the state who has ever appeared in court on a misdemeanor be evicted?

If you are suggesting that Ms Cash has been "neglected" by the Irish State,you will really have to come up with some level of evidence for this.

From any reasoned persons perspective,our State has,over an extended period of,at least 7 pregnancies,has substantially contributed to this lady's continued wellbeing.

Can you suggest some parallell manner in which the Irish State could have made any more realistic a contribution,given that the Lady in question does not appear to have accumulated a contribution history with Revenue or DSP ?

It is a genuine & relevant question as to how this,or any,Government can be expected to fully provide for ALL the Lifestyle requirements of a single-parent with 7 dependent children,when it would appear the childrens father is either unwilling,unable or unasked to contribute anything to the process.

To address your final point regarding eviction,although somewhat disingenuously worded,I would personally have little issue with such a person having such a sanction applied,somewhere around the 5th or 6th such "misdeamour" (as you describe it).
    In this lady's case,I regard 38 previous convictions as rather compelling evidence of a far more ingrained disregard for not alone The Laws of Ireland,but also for the rights of other,law abiding citizens,to safely use the States roads without being exposed to serial RTA offenders.

It is obvious that your perceptions of this Lady's situation are far more benign than many other posters,however even you,must at some point have to address,some of the rather glaring issues which have been apparent from the very outset of this particular "campaign".

Sadly,in this case,as with many other such Media Friendly issues recently,Truth is the first victim.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

eviltwin wrote: »

according to facebook

It must be wonderful to be so perfect that you can judge other people.

Yes but why did she rob. Yes she's made mistakes in the past. She's doing her best now for her kids so give her a chance

she's a fighter and she's standing up for every homeless person in this country as well as her own family trying to change this rotten system xx

She is feeding and clothing her children..a mum a
    Strong girl

Tis awful sad :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

secman wrote: »
    Haven't read the whole thread so not sure if it was already asked, did Margaret not play the culture card... ? Doing it for hundreds of years and the ethnic minority group thingy thing, did that not cover her actions too..

She did indeed, she did what they all do and avoided responsibility like the plague and didn't show up. Its their culture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

AlekSmart wrote: »
    If you are suggesting that Ms Cash has been "neglected" by the Irish State,you will really have to come up with some level of evidence for this.

From any reasoned persons perspective,our State has,over an extended period of,at least 7 pregnancies,has substantially contributed to this lady's continued wellbeing.

Can you suggest some parallell manner in which the Irish State could have made any more realistic a contribution,given that the Lady in question does not appear to have accumulated a contribution history with Revenue or DSP ?

It is a genuine & relevant question as to how this,or any,Government can be expected to fully provide for ALL the Lifestyle requirements of a single-parent with 7 dependent children,when it would appear the childrens father is either unwilling,unable or unasked to contribute anything to the process.

To address your final point regarding eviction,although somewhat disingenuously worded,I would personally have little issue with such a person having such a sanction applied,somewhere around the 5th or 6th such "misdeamour" (as you describe it).
    In this lady's case,I regard 38 previous convictions as rather compelling evidence of a far more ingrained disregard for not alone The Laws of Ireland,but also for the rights of other,law abiding citizens,to safely use the States roads without being exposed to serial RTA offenders.

It is obvious that your perceptions of this Lady's situation are far more benign than many other posters,however even you,must at some point have to address,some of the rather glaring issues which have been apparent from the very outset of this particular "campaign".

Sadly,in this case,as with many other such Media Friendly issues recently,Truth is the first victim.

Yeah but does she pay bin charges?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

The poor childer don't stand a chance with a mother like her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Check her Facebook page, the wagons are a circling

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Neyite wrote: »
    The last time I went into Pennys I spent 80 quid. The bag of stuff I got for that amount was MASSIVE.

How did she manage to carry €321 euros worth?

She obviously has better taste than you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

MFPM wrote: »
    Where did I defend/condone the woman's misdemeanor? The questions I asked (yet to be answered by anyone who has responded to me) was why was there a thread on this and is there to be a thread on every single person who appears in court on a misdemeanor?

There are no misdemeanours in Irish law. She wasn't in court on a misdemeanour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I did before and nearly puked with all the fawning over her from people who should know better

Eugenics is a movement that is aimed at improving the genetic composition of the human race. Historically, eugenicists advocated selective breeding to achieve these goals.

Just saying... we are reaching tipping point in this country soon there will be more of these junkie , useless , feral sc*m and it will be too late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    Strange, was thinking it could be her previous address but her Tallaght address from before when she was in an a apartment on HAP was in Castle Park, Tallaght.

Maybe she has finally bought a place. As came up regularly in the previousn thread about her, it was very obvious she was far from poor with the amount of unnecessary spending on expensive items, inquiring about a house listed at €160K and also selling a caravan early this year for 4-5 figures.

There have,since the very beginning of this particular "story",been some blurred elements,in relation to previous tenancies and landlord experiences.

However,given the speed with which the Irish Media were enabled to adopt this Lady as their standard bearer,for those who are provenly oppressed by the Irish State,it now appears unlikely that any native media outlets will do any more investigation into the backgroud of just what happened in the lead-up to the Tallaght Garda Station photo-op.

There are now a significant number of Irish Journalistic "Names" who's professionalism is compromised by their lack of investigation when suddenly presented with such a clear-cut case as this one was reputed to be.

Eventually,the true picture will emerge,however by that time,the Media will have found some other issue to divert attention from,what is by now,a regular scenario.

If the likes of this fella Casey can stick to his points,and take back some control over how our media address these stories,then Ireland will have become a better place.....for Everybody. ;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

I am blocked off her page for some reason:confused::D

• Advertisement

I am blocked off her page for some reason:confused::D

Hows John Connors doing he must be foaming at the mouth at this stage:D

Hows John Connors doing he must be foaming at the mouth at this stage:D

Was only there for a few minutes replied to a couple of comments and I was blocked.

Don't know what happened boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

She could walk up to the Áras and batter Michael D and kick his two dogs and her Facebook supporters would still support her and find a way to blame the media

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,722 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

brevity wrote: »
    And yet her kids were still in school uniforms

In August - about 3 weeks before the schools started back!!

Was only there for a few minutes replied to a couple of comments and I was blocked.

Don't know what happened boss.

their spidy senses are strong!! they knew you didn't really need your driveway tarmacked

Yeah, but we can happily state the truth and there’s fcuk all the apologists can do about it!!

She’s a THIEVING (convicted your honour), HYPOCRITICAL (“de gubbermint is robbin’ us alive”), LOWLIFE (39 convictions your honour).

Suck it up!!!

VOTE PETER CASEY NO. 1.

mikemac2 wrote: »
    She could walk up to the Áras and batter Michael D and kick his two dogs and her Facebook supporters would still support her and find a way to blame the media

And Leo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Yeah, but we can happily state the truth and there’s fcuk all the apologists ca do about it!!

She’s a THIEVING (convicted your honour), HYPOCRITICAL (“de gubbermint is robbin’ us alive”), LOWLIFE (39 convictions your honour).

Suck it up!!!

VOTE PETER CASEY NO. 1.

amen bro

They 're selling Margret Cash masks in dealsz for Halloween but you have to steal your own camouflage 2 piece tracksuit and supply the rake of kids, But its terrifying when you open the door

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

50k per year tax free and this her 39th conviction

an asset to society.

• Advertisement

an asset to society.

39th?????

Wow I didn’t know that!!!!!

an asset to society.

yeah, she's contributing to the society a lot,
    btw, can't see any of their 'supporters' trolling in here anymore

yeah, she's contributing to the society a lot,
    btw, can't see any of their 'supporters' trolling in here anymore

I have been impressed by boards in the last couple of days.
    The moderators have moved the trolls along kept the threads open and allowed a poll.

Maybe I have slipped into a parallel universe.:D

an asset to society.

and breathe arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh vermin

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭nagel

I think its plausible that she was wrongly accused , someone put the goods in her trolley and forced her to bring them
    same as what happened here https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/rteradiowebpage.html#!rii=b9_21448196_15036_15-10-2018_

it the link doesn't work go the sean o rourke program from last monday and listen to the Portlaoise section

nagel wrote: »
    I think its plausible that she was wrongly accused , someone put the goods in her trolley and forced her to bring them
    same as what happened here https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/rteradiowebpage.html#!rii=b9_21448196_15036_15-10-2018_

it the link doesn't work go the sean o rourke program from last monday and listen to the Portlaoise section

no is not, she's a robbing scum

... oh, my bad, she's ethnic minority

nagel wrote: »
    same as what happened here

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jiggilyjumpz

I have been impressed by boards in the last couple of days.
    The moderators have moved the trolls along kept the threads open and allowed a poll.

Maybe I have slipped into a parallel universe.:D

Mods closed my thread down. I simply queried why the media aren’t asking specific questions about certain things travellers are getting away with. The PC brigade are still alive and well on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

The Sun saw a good headline in Margaret Cash when she kipped with her family at the Garda Station. They saw someone who could give them a story and fill some pages and went with it. Does The Sun give a sh*t about Cash I doubt it. This court appearance for Cash probably will give The Sun another headline and fill some pages. As for her stealing from Penneys well obviously that is wrong and Penneys should be put right somehow, for what was taken.

The more philosophical question is how does a Margaret Cash scenario arise in our society. How is someone allowed to procreate without regard for how they will provide for their offspring. Most working couples have 2 kids at most because of the cost of raising them. What about the father/s of her children. Why are they not brought to account for their actions. The scenario that Margaret Cash, plus countless others, has helped create is not good for our society. It's not the children's fault but serious questions need to be asked of the adults. Let's cut the PC BS. What kind of life are these children having. They see their mother stealing so you think of apples and trees.

Most people have good heads on their shoulders but some...........

• Advertisement

Mods closed my thread down. I simply queried why the media aren’t asking specific questions about certain things travellers are getting away with. The PC brigade are still alive and well on boards.

In fairness, it was your first post and there are 3 threads open on different aspects of this topic.

You reposted the message in one of the threads and it was left up.:)

no is not, she's a robbing scum

... oh, my bad, she's ethnic minority

she's ethnic robbing sc*m,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭secman

I'll be giving a protest vote to the candidate calling a slash hook a slash hook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Feisar

Right lads we can bitch and moan all we want but we need a plan that forces the goverment to stop giving people like her 50K a year or building houses people reject due to lack of stables.

Take the kids from her and leave her on the streets. Or stop the money and leave her and her kids on the streets, then take them from her as she is not fit to provide for them.

What can we do to cause change?

I've only one idea, starve the goverment either by a general national strike or by not buying anything non essential, to effect VAT returns.

Any ideas?

First they came for the socialists...

Feisar wrote: »
    Right lads we can bitch and moan all we want but we need a plan that forces the goverment to stop giving people like her 50K a year or building houses people reject due to lack of stables.

Take the kids from her and leave her on the streets. Or stop the money and leave her and her kids on the streets, then take them from her as she is not fit to provide for them.

What can we do to cause change?

I've only one idea, starve the goverment either by a general national strike or by not buying anything non essential, to effect VAT returns.

Any ideas?

Peter Casey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Feisar

Peter Casey.

He's actually pulling me out of apathy as regards voting.

First they came for the socialists...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,673 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Now we know why the kids were well dressed and she could still afford a people carrier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,671 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

No mention of this at all on the 9 o clock news, no surprise there really.

I wonder does MOC still think it was a pleasure to meet her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Twitter was full of condemnation that poor margaret and her family slept in a police station, not a peed out of anyone today. I only found out about this when looking at boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

This old thing? Ah I stole it from Penneys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

No mention of this at all on the 9 o clock news, no surprise there really.

I wonder does MOC still think it was a pleasure to meet her.

At last I have found someone to vote for in this election, good luck Peter Casey.
    Predictable that the media’s darling Mags didn’t make the 9 o clock news on her 38th conviction when they were quiet happy to report on her rantings at the housing protests.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement