Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Isn't this the second time she's been caught with stolen goods?

Is "the government" her nick name?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Mutant z wrote: »
    Why am i not in the least bit surprised about this.

Shes living up to her stereotype

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

jjmcclure wrote: »

We should bring back the work houses and cancel welfare.

I heard a politician was on the take.

We should have a revolution and bring back Brian Boru.

No defending that lady mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

38 convictions? After reading the last thread over a few weeks I thought she had only one and that was for driving away from a burglary in Wexford years ago.

Busy women

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

mikemac2 wrote: »
    38 convictions? After reading the last thread over a few weeks I thought she had only one and that was for driving away from a burglary in Wexford

Sure her supporters will be here soon to tell us it's all lies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Its the culture that made me do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

This post has been deleted.

mikemac2 wrote: »
    38 convictions? After reading the last thread over a few weeks I thought she had only one and that was for driving away from a burglary in Wexford years ago.

Busy women
    I thought that too but from the article: Her last conviction, for theft, was in 2017.

The article link also says she's in B&B accomadation. Wasn't she given a flat in drumcondra? That's not b&b

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Gatling wrote: »
    Sure her supporters will be here soon to tell us it's all lies

She has to feed her kids any means possible.

• Advertisement

If Margaret doesn’t want nothing from the government then ask back all the benefits your getting

• Registered Users Posts: 27,194 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Margaret Cash may yet be the biggest own goal by any homeless organisation ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

blanch152 wrote: »
    Margaret Cash may yet be the biggest own goal by any homeless organisation ever.

Worse than Apollo house?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

That Aussie guy from Apollo House who got the stylist treatment was a disaster

JeffKenna wrote: »

Wouldn't a better solution to have bought her children food with the fortune the government are giving her every week? Is she feeding them penneys clothes?

Worse than Apollo house?

Was there irregularities with the money there?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I sentence you to a 5 bedroom house near your mams

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

The article link also says she's in B&B accomadation. Wasn't she given a flat in drumcondra? That's not b&b

She has like a studio apartment / bedsit. She has been saying a B&B but I think it's more in an aparthotel / short-term let complex sort of deal.

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    She has like a studio apartment / bedsit. She has been saying a B&B but I think it's more in an aparthotel / short-term let complex sort of deal.

Her and her 7 children are in a studio apartment?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Its the culture that made me do it

No culture should encourage theft.

• Advertisement

Her and her 7 children are in a studio apartment?

I believe so. They were in given that 3-bed in Parnell St. after the Garda station incident but the landord soon took that place back to let it out as student accomodation or something along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I did allude to this earlier but the homeless crusaders do have a habit of hitching their campaigns to some seriously dodgy people.

Remember the outcry years ago about elderly couple going to live in tent in Dalkey.
    Oh the inhumanity and the mistreatment of the old by the banks was the narrative.
    Until it turned out they had 20 odd properties at one stage and were not repaying any of the massive debts.

Then remember that guy found dead near the Dail.
    There was national outcry but then it turns out the guy had a house, his family tried to help but he refused to be helped.

Then there was another guy that was found dead and there was another outcry.
    Hell they were about to hold an old vigil for him until. ...

Until they found out he had been kicked out of Australia for being a peado.
    Quick cancellation of vigil, as even those numpties copped on holding a vigil for a dead kiddie fiddler would not go down so well.
    A homeless man who died while sleeping rough in Dublin's city centre last week was on the sex offenders register.

Campaigners Home Sweet Home have cancelled a vigil which was due to be held outside Apollo House tomorrow for Stephen 'Jack' Watson.

The 51-year-old was deported from Australia in 2015 for clocking up almost 40 convictions, one of which was for the sexual assault of two underage girls.

"Jack" Watson, as he asked to be known when being assisted by homelessness outreach workers, used a number of aliases and had also spent time in the UK.

Home Sweet Home, which led the occupation of Apollo House in Dublin last winter to provide emergency beds, said the vigil was cancelled out of respect for victims.

And then there was Margaret cashcow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Nothing new so.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,187 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Can anybody tell me what she does with all the money she receives off the state that lead her to steal €300 worth of clothes?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

JeffKenna wrote: »

Whats she feeding them Penny's pajamas

The newer articles on her court hearing make mention of the fact she was late too. No fine for that also the clothes were 'not recovered' so she didn't even have to give them back! Got off fairly easily in the grand scheme of things given the 38 previous convictions.
    When the case was called there was no appearance from Cash in court.

Her defence lawyer, Kevin Tunney, said his client was "on the bus".

Judge McNamara put the case to second calling.

Cash later turned up in court. She was wearing black boots, grey leggings and a black hoodie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

For christ sake if you're gonna Rob clothes at least go to a better establishment than pennys.

Well its bang for your buck.

Oh wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Can anybody tell me what she does with all the money she receives off the state that lead her to steal €300 worth of clothes?

She's saving up for a 4x4 family edition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Cash later turned up in court. She was wearing black boots, grey leggings and a black hoodie.

Tags still on them?

Life ain't always empty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement