Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Street View now available for Republic of Ireland!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭mackerski

Sponge Bob wrote: »

Sort of - Google still thinks the entire M6 west of Athlone is called the N6. And that pic is also part of the N6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

monument wrote: »
    Main problem I'm having is the geo data seems messed up in a notable amount of places. When clicking along a road main roads flick to estate roads etc

Also have found issue as mentioned above about missing images along one road, it flicks and you know you've moved too much.

Have seen this on one of the roads I saw the car. But when I click on the spot it moves to the back of an apartment complex!

As some have said they must film it a few times to get the right quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

KevR wrote: »
    I passed the streetview car last year on the old N6 (now R446) somewhere between Ballinasloe and Athlone. I must try and locate myself on it someday when I'm very bored!

I passed them on the old road between Athlone and Moate. Had a look, but no sign of me. Right at the crossroads where I turned off, it changed from sunny weather with election posters, to cloudy and no posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Saw that alright, great spot that for a bit of crazy driving, but shame they didn't go out to Omey island.
    I notice they didn't do any islands, not even Aran Islands, shame.

The car was on Aranmore Island here in Donegal over the Summer, haven't put the pics up for some reason

Also another strange error, the N13 near Letterkenny has night time imagery going towards Derry, the Letterkenny-bound lanes are fine though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Saw that alright, great spot that for a bit of crazy driving, but shame they didn't go out to Omey island.
    I notice they didn't do any islands, not even Aran Islands, shame.

Valentia island is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭nilhg

I see that google still doesn't believe that the Harry Blaney bridge exists despite their photographic evidence it does....

http://goo.gl/maps/yrlN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The Harry Blaney bridge is not the only piece of road missing in Donegal, the entire road network in Moville and Greencastle has not been scanned by StreetView! But the roads going south and east out of Moville were scanned. Aranmore and parts of Rathmullan were also skipped. And in the Fanad head area there's small stretches of road on StreetView while other stretches of the same road are missing:confused:

(I'm not sure if the Harry Blaney bridge and associated roads are a regional route or not, as the Fanad side is still an unmarked and winding and sometimes very narrow road and some of the signs have the route numbers in brackets [e.g. (R247) Tamney 2km])

I've seen occasional roads in Westmeath and Monaghan that were done up to a T-junction and then the car took a left etc and failed to finish to the end of the road. And the road wouldn't be a cul de sac either.

Btw, it's this page: http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com/mapfeedback/index.php that apparently allows users to request changes to the map data but whether they pay any attention to user submissions is up for discussion... TeleAtlas supply google with their map data in Ireland. And they have left out a lot of the newer parts of the motorway network and other such things. Despite the Drogheda section of the M1 being open for over 7 years, they have marked the length of toll road incorrectly and apparently the N1 still passes through Drogheda...:rolleyes:

Advertisement