Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warframe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

So just installed this, is there any frame/weapon i should build towards that is good in later missions or anything i should avoid ? I picked the Excalibur frame to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Magill wrote: »
    So just installed this, is there any frame/weapon i should build towards that is good in later missions or anything i should avoid ? I picked the Excalibur frame to begin with.

I'm just downloading this now too, hopefully it'll run on my laptop. Be good to get some starter tips for people here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Excalibur is a great all-rounder, scales well. There's a series on YouTube called "crash course in Warframe" that covers each frame and its pros/cons quite well, I'd recommend it if you're wondering what to try out next.

Some are ideal against certain factions, like Volt versus the Corpus, or Ember versus the Infested. Some work really well with other frames, Rhino or Frost for example being good tanks that can protect others.

Loki has no damage abilities, but he can make decoys to make enemies attack the wrong thing, he can turn invisible to avoid damage and trouble, he can swap places with enemies it allies, to isolate someone dangerous or get a player in the right place, and he can make enemy guns stop working, forcing them to get close. I quite like Loki in certain situations. Solo stealth missions or supporting people I trust not to f*ck up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

As Sarky said, there is no PURE WIN warframe, each of them work fantastic in certain situations.
    I am doing lots of Corpus Missions now and leveling VOLT at the same time. You can clearly see how good volt is VS corpus due them being weak to electrical damage.
    Warframes like Frost and Nova are very good for Defence missions.
    As I mentioned before I would highly recomend RHINO as first warframe to anyone. It easy to get to higher missions with it. His damage immunity ability just feels OP.
    Anyone starting out and looking on warframes or weapons should check "akamikib" warframe videos. As Sarky said he does crash courses on all warframes, which are short, straight to the point videos.

As for myself, I finally built DOJO key for the clan I am in and raided the research lads. Spent almost 200k Credits on all blueprints. I did not knew there are so many available from Research labs! :eek:
    I dont know what do I build next, HEK, SUPRA or FLUX RIFLE. I used Paris for the last few days and it is fun weapon. Nothing beats sending one arrow and killing 3 enemies with it, but it is not very efficient weapon. I am still going to get it to 30, but I will need to look for a good rifle. I got BOAR as shotgun and that thing just makes other things sad, so might skip on HEK for now.

P.S. VASTO is badass. Its still not maxed out, but already going as my main sidearm. Sorry DUAL VIPERS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

so what do you do in warframe?

Is it pvp or do you do missions/episodes like borderlands/l4d?

• Advertisement

Killing stuff while trying to look as cool as possible.

Exclusively PvE, unless you build a duelling room in your dojo. Much like a 3rd person L4D actually, only you're a badass magical cyberninja in space instead of a southern redneck hick with a chainsaw.

I got thunderbolt Mod and I got to say, it makes PARIS pure fun. The more I play PARIS, the more I love it. Its only level 20, but I can already Clean easily level 35 solo missions.

By the way, I am not getting anymore of those Weekend event alerts. Are they limited? I managed to get only 3 badges and I still got few parts for keys to make, but I am not getting alerts anymore to get the rest of the parts.

As far as I can tell they pop up in waves. Only got one done so far myself.

So I did not had a good much time to do special event on weekend. I only managed to get like 8 points. :( I am doing everything solo. That is the problem. I really need to get in to parties. I checked the rewards and those mods are damn awesome. Its just a bit steep point wise. Rewards are only for 1, 50 or 100 points! :eek:

Anyway, I did found this guy on youtube and he does Warframe videos too. Really good info on weapons. I would recomend watching his videos if you dont know which weapon to build next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Been seeing a few bugs, which is to be expected at this point.

Yesterday I was mowed down by an invisible assailant, the rifle fire was coming from close range in a big empty space, but I was on my own and could do nothing about it.
    Then at the end of the mission the game froze on a blank screen (after mission success).
    Could hear my guy running/shooting etc but nothing on screen and attempts to abort the mission failed cause it was already complete.... Had to shut down the game from the task manager to get out.

Finally it seems as thought the mission stats are off.
    Every mission I kill at least half of my targets with a sword, but stats show 0 melee kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

yea, Im giving this a miss for few months to sort itself out - rage quit the other night when it migrated hosts, and then all the spies escaped by time it came back

have had the invis rifle bug a good number of times - just have to hide till it despawns

The peer hosting thingy is a bugbear, to be sure. I really would like the option of a server to host games on. It's still technically in beta though, so who knows, maybe they'll work on that.

To be honest, the more I play, the less I get those bugs. I havent had that shooting invisible "stuff" in ages. I do know what you talking about and it was annoying.
    Other then that, I rarely had issues with any bugs. I did felt through the world once, but in 44h play time its not bed.

Peer2Peer is really annoying, I had a nerdrage last night. did one of the 15 wave defence mission. Had a ton of mats and mots collected and on last wave it complete lagged out. After several minutes it just showed target being destroyed and failed mission stamp. I almost flipped!
    I know its a small developer and game is still in beta, but they really need to invest in to normal servers. Maybe if those would be just priority for paying ( the ones who did supported developer and bought platinum ) players.
    This would be the biggest issue for me in warframe. I do end up ding most mission solo as I cant get anyone to play with and even if I get a team, sometimes its a pure lagg fest, which makes playing with PARIS annoying.

Anyone, I started making FIELDRONs. I am not decided on what to get: SUPRA or FLUX RIFLE, but those things take a lot of mats and time to make, so its not a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

You farm. It's a grindfest of a game, and it won't change unless they come with an actual idea for gameplay.

XVII wrote: »
    You farm. It's a grindfest of a game, and it won't change unless they come with an actual idea for gameplay.

Well gameplay it self is really damn good, that's one thing you can't complain. What they do need is some more variety in enemy factions and some more unique end game stuff. Even now though void missions look like very hard as they are.

I think the game could be better if they incorporated more cover style combat into it.

At the moment you can just stand behind cover, but cant really use it.
    For all the missions I've played so far it turns into a speed run with several players sprinting through the level, killing everything as they go with little regard towards protecting themselves...right now it's a game built for tanks with no need for stealth outside of solo missions.

I say make the enemy weapons stronger and allow players to use cover more effectively to bring a little more thought and strategy to the gameplay.

BizzyC wrote: »
    I think the game could be better if they incorporated more cover style combat into it.

At the moment you can just stand behind cover, but cant really use it.
    For all the missions I've played so far it turns into a speed run with several players sprinting through the level, killing everything as they go with little regard towards protecting themselves...right now it's a game built for tanks with no need for stealth outside of solo missions.

I say make the enemy weapons stronger and allow players to use cover more effectively to bring a little more thought and strategy to the gameplay.

Oh Jesus no! If they will add cover then the whole game will go to tits. We don't need another gears of war clone.
    That's the point of this game - to be agile fast killing machine. You are a God damn samurai/ninja. When the last time you sow ninja behind chest high wall with a shotgun?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Oh Jesus no! If they will add cover then the whole game will go to tits. We don't need another gears of war clone.
    That's the point of this game - to be agile fast killing machine. You are a God damn samurai/ninja. When the last time you sow ninja behind chest high wall with a shotgun?!

+1 . I went Grandmaster on this months ago to support DE exactly because they were getting away from the cover/pause/shoot based crap that has dominated the market for the last few years. The tactical aspect is in sizing up a room as you are charging full speed into it and mapping/executing your maneuvers while being able to maintain fire on your targets. NOT semi-scripted-press-a-button-for-cover-hold-your-hand-because-we-devs-think-you-have-no-reflexes-skill-or-aim-crap :). For that please pick military FPS xxxxxx on a console and be happy, nothing wrong with that if its what you want but PLEASE don't try and ruin one of the few games that dares to go back to when we actually needed more realtime skill to play at high speed.

Okay semi-rant off.

Some key things to remember (or some key things that took me a while to realise :) )

1. XP is shared within a 50m radius of the player that makes a kill. He gets 50% for the frame, 50% for the weapon making the kill. All other players in range get 25% each for Frame/Primary/Secondary/Melee. So don't think someone is stealing kills if they are dominating, everyone gets 100% it's just shared out a little differently. If you're bored try harder to keep up or accept you need to level some more to do so.

2. Soloing is great fun, when not with my Clanmates that's what I do most of the time but you will level more slowly (see point 1, mixed with higher Mob counts for more players).

3. The best way to farm for XP and MODS/resources comes when you open up some of the infested defense maps. Jupiter/IO is a good early one, then later Eres/Xini and a few others. Do not solo these, besides being harder based on point 2 you will gain less. Go in on a pub and you will level incredibly quickly (with a booster running I average 15 or so levels from scratch for frame and primary weapons with a relatively easy 30 wave run).

4. The best way to get credits is through Tower/Void missions. You need to get the keys as rewards (defense mostly) but they give a ton of credits as reward - and are also the only reliable source of the Prime weapons/frames (excl. those given as part of the various founder levels).

5. For weapon damage always boost base damage first (e.g. Serration/Hornet Strike etc.) as all other damage is based off the normal damage of the weapon with this multiplier applied. E.g. If you have a 100% serration on a 100point rifle your base dmg is now 200, adding a 90% fire mod brings this to 200+180(fire). The only other MOD that will multiply all dmg is a multi-shot (e.g Barrel diffusion). These fire extra rounds that cost you nothing for ammo. So if you have a 20 shot mag, with a 90% multi-shot on there by the time you empty the mag you should have fired ~38 shots. Put this onto something like the Torid or Flux rifle and it's insane.

6. Many weapons have inate abilities that are not shown on their in-game descriptions. The Wiki is your friend here. E.g. Armour-Ignore, bonus vs. certain types of enemies.

7. Armour-Ignore (native ability on some weapons) is NOT the same as Armour-Piercing dmg. AP adds to your dmg and isnt affected by armour, Armour-ignore applies all base dmg without being affected by armour. Basically since AP is always a smaller % of base armour-ignore is better, but since the former is a MOD and the latter an inate ability you don't have to choose - Ideally though have both. It's just a common misconception that AP doesn't help on something like a Boltor.

8. Always keep one of each type of mod card. Even if you think you will never use it you might end up wanting it a month down the line and waiting for the RNG gods to smile upon you.

My $.02

Well said creed and Some good info too. It's a ninjas game, not pussy behind the wall game lol.

The do sharing makes more sense now. It's ashame I peer 2 peer is so carp, so it makes coOP not so pleasant at times. I did about 15 runs for Ash systems last night with some other Rhino and still did not got the fecking thing! And the clan I am in is very... unsocial. They have fully blown out dojo where I snatch all the blueprints I needed, but other then that it's not a great place to be in. I would love to find a good friendly clan where people do play together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,322 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it's almost a successor to MDK in some ways especially the look

With the current "sprint through and shoot everything" way of playing the need for tactics is gone.
    Effectively tanks will always be the best warframe to have.

Most games I've played, one player runs ahead of the main group, meaning there are no other players in range.
    With that kind of gameplay, why bother with tactics or being in a team, one player can sprint through the level and tank it solo.
    I haven't had a single mission yet that required any thought, it was just sprint and shoot and every player played the same regardless of their respective frames....

Games can be like that, rushers are a problem but the community in general reviles them. Sometimes it's understandable, on boss runs most of the folks you will be with might be on run #20 so what is new to you and worth exploring/savouring is just a speed run for the hallowed purple ball at the end for them. Really you need to build up a group of friends that communicate and agree on 'terms' when you play, only rush when you all agree etc. It makes a huge difference. TBH I only play pubs for Defense maps and some of the weekend events if I need the extra points. Regular play is clan only.
    Oh and if you really think it's ALL just sprint and shoot I recommend soloing some of the end-game planets, 60+ level wise :) . You'll be sprinting and shooting to try and stay alive, being constantly flanked etc. If all you do is run you'll be dead in 2 minutes even with a high level frame config.

Another important aspect of clan life in WF has been alluded to by ShadowHearth. Some of them are huge (literally 1000s of members) so the whole aspect of finding like minded folks who will help you is lost. This mostly stems from when they introduced the Clan Dojos a couple of months ago. The resources required to build enough of one to get the Clan Weapon research going was initially astronomical, coming from a small clan with about 7-8 active players it literally would have taken us months to get it done. Soooo a lot of clans were formed purely as collectives. Nuts really, and so funny when the founders would spout the usual ideals for setting one up - talk about player quality and being selective and at the same time guaranteeing they would accept anyone who applied so they could resource share. Essentially these mega clans are useless for anything other than getting hold of the Clan Weapons. DE rebalanced things btw so it's not hard for a small clan to get it all done now so don't be afraid to create your own for just a small group of like minded players, you're no longer screwed resource wise.

I will be honest, I could be accused of few fast rush runs, but I have killed TYL REGOR about 50 times and I still dont have ASH Systems. I got 5 of helms and chassis at this stage and enough polimer bundles to build a house out of them... So I just rush in with volt. I do open online games, but I start them myself and solo it most of the time, unless someone joins me.
    I really need to get a nice small clan, but I am building a lot of DOJO weapons and it is handy to pop in and buy blueprints for Detonite Injectors and Fildrons. I have mats ready for FLUX rifle and need few Fieldrons for SUPRA and Detonite injectors for OGRIS. When I got all that sorted I will be on a look out for a small clan.

Higher level content is really damn tough indeed. level 55++ and Soloing is hard. Though thats why WARFRAME is fun. :) I have to say I really spoiled BF3 for myself after 90h ( shows on steam :eek: ) of warframe. Modern shooters just feel so damn slow and annoing now. Constantly spaming Shift+Ctrl in BF3 does not help too. :p

ASH SYSTEM DROP!!!!! OMFG!!!! I did at least 10 runs today alone solo and finally droped! Making all 3 parts now and tomorrow I will have brand spanking new Warframe!
    I am rank 4 and I cant even make Stuff from Clan DOJO researches. I need to level up and ASH will help a lot. Picked up few weapons to help level up my rank too.
    So far Rank 7 is highest needed for weapons, right? Supra is the only one I can think of that needs 7.

Yay. Ash is my favourite frame, good luck with him.

Yup 7 is the highest so far. I haven't used the Supra yet, it's next on my list so I should have it done this weekend, but you will love the Flux rifle - it's a hard choice between that and the Dera for me. It really just depends if you need long range or not.
    The Torid is also a beast of a weapon. On maps like Xini I can pretty much solo for our team until about wave 15 with it (forma'd about 5 times though so there's a lot on there). My clan mates grumbled a bit about being bored so I've stopped using it now for a while :). It's also a very effective weapon on T3 Void missions, since the more open space limits you gassing yourself and you also have to consider ammo efficiency on Solo runs (you would have to try and run out of ammo with a Torid).

For the mastery rank always make sure you are levelling at least one item as you play, even if you don't use it. I rarely use Melee but made pretty much every single one of them available, stuck them on to soak shared XP during multi-player and then just dumped them into the 'warehouse' when they hit 30. Rank-fodder :)

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Yay. Ash is my favourite frame, good luck with him.

Yup 7 is the highest so far. I haven't used the Supra yet, it's next on my list so I should have it done this weekend, but you will love the Flux rifle - it's a hard choice between that and the Dera for me. It really just depends if you need long range or not.
    The Torid is also a beast of a weapon. On maps like Xini I can pretty much solo for our team until about wave 15 with it (forma'd about 5 times though so there's a lot on there). My clan mates grumbled a bit about being bored so I've stopped using it now for a while :). It's also a very effective weapon on T3 Void missions, since the more open space limits you gassing yourself and you also have to consider ammo efficiency on Solo runs (you would have to try and run out of ammo with a Torid).

For the mastery rank always make sure you are levelling at least one item as you play, even if you don't use it. I rarely use Melee but made pretty much every single one of them available, stuck them on to soak shared XP during multi-player and then just dumped them into the 'warehouse' when they hit 30. Rank-fodder :)

ASH was on my list to get frames. I am still a noob ( even with 68h played ), so Warframes themselfs are hard to get. Funny thing is Banshee Helmet blueprints droped just now! :D I am lucky today! I can make Trinity and Banshee too, but I will hold on untill I level up ASH. So far between VOLT/RHINO/EXCALIBUR I am having enough fun. ASH will add up to that fun, my first stealthy Warframe, I will need to level up SHADE for it. It is still sitting and collecting dust.

When you start off warframe it looks like its very hard to get mats for weapons to craft. Now, some of the mats I have **** truck loads and other mats are not that hard to come by anymore. Funny thing is, it does not look like drop rate is higher in higher levels. Like Ferrite is still the best to get in M PRIME lol.

Well, like always I spent so much time in warframe its not even funny. Some very good things happened to me though. In my current clan they make a requirement to go on Team Speak, so I said, might as well. Turns out a lot of active people on teamspeak. Great crack and a ton of info. Learned about good spots for runs and mats, found out about loot rooms in void missions. Had a ton of great runs with lads too. Turns out my clan is pretty damn cool.
    Working on my rank 5 at the moment as I got all mats needed for Ogris and FLUX rifle. I just get weapons build, level them up and throw them in to bin. Gorgon is a shiny example of a rubbish weapon ( for me ) . Could not wait to level that sucker up and forget about it. So now I am working on BOLTOR and ORTHOS. After that HIND and that should be enough to get me to rank 5. Unfortunately I decided to wait for ASH to build itself, 50 Plat can be better spent on Forma or Catalyst.
    On the sidearms front I decided to Use first Forma on Vasto. I just love that weapon. Looks like its going to be my permanent sidearm for a good while.
    After playing a small bit with these lads in Clan I can really say that the stuff posted here about warframe not having any tactics and just about stacking tank is complete bull****. These lads do defence mission runs and they get Warframes balanced out for the run. For high level content you really need a well balanced teams too. Even Mod fittings and Warframe fittings have a lot deeper curve then I thought.
    So for anyone to really enjoy warframe I would suggest to go and find a good clan with teamspeak/vent as it makes game even more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Got back into this game after update 9 and it really has come along way. Lots of new content being added. Currently have a supercharged Excalibur frame with a Braton (29) AKLato (22) and Dual Ethers (19) and the game feels alot hard than it was when i stopped playing. They seem to have nerfed the AKLato because the firerate is capped now where before it fired as fast as i clicked the fire button.

Anyone got any advice on weapons and how to earn credits? Currently building the Mag warframe and farming credits as the planets i have yet to complete are getting quite hard. Plus i want a break from my current loadout as i have been using the same gear since the start of the game.

Also Platinum prices to steep?

• Advertisement

Got back into this game after update 9 and it really has come along way. Lots of new content being added. Currently have a supercharged Excalibur frame with a Braton (29) AKLato (22) and Dual Ethers (19) and the game feels alot hard than it was when i stopped playing. They seem to have nerfed the AKLato because the firerate is capped now where before it fired as fast as i clicked the fire button.

Anyone got any advice on weapons and how to earn credits? Currently building the Mag warframe and farming credits as the planets i have yet to complete are getting quite hard. Plus i want a break from my current loadout as i have been using the same gear since the start of the game.

Also Platinum prices to steep?

Later credits wount be a problem. When you will start doing xini runs and void missions. I get about 70k credits from one tower 3 exterminate run. If you will want, I can take you on few runs. I still have like 10 exterminate keys.

Weapons is a tricky topic. Cool thing about warfare that weapons are very different and unique. I would suggest to go on YouTube and check Mogamu weapon videos and. Choose which weapon would suit you best. Later on you will get to stage where you making weapons like a factory. Resources won't be an issue, a start is very hard in warframe.
    I would suggest myself to build Paris or Boar. A lot of fun and solid weapons. Build throwing knifed or stars too. Most powerful side arms in game, unless you can make Acrid.

Plat is expensive and you will need it in warframe. Potatoes and forma are stupidly rare and you will need a lot of them. I got only 3 forma in game after 100+++ hours of playing.
    Don't buy plat just now though, wait until you get a log in plat discount. It can be 20% 50% 75%. you get at least one of those discounts a week I noticed.

Advertisement