Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warframe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it's almost a successor to MDK in some ways especially the look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

With the current "sprint through and shoot everything" way of playing the need for tactics is gone.
    Effectively tanks will always be the best warframe to have.

Most games I've played, one player runs ahead of the main group, meaning there are no other players in range.
    With that kind of gameplay, why bother with tactics or being in a team, one player can sprint through the level and tank it solo.
    I haven't had a single mission yet that required any thought, it was just sprint and shoot and every player played the same regardless of their respective frames....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Games can be like that, rushers are a problem but the community in general reviles them. Sometimes it's understandable, on boss runs most of the folks you will be with might be on run #20 so what is new to you and worth exploring/savouring is just a speed run for the hallowed purple ball at the end for them. Really you need to build up a group of friends that communicate and agree on 'terms' when you play, only rush when you all agree etc. It makes a huge difference. TBH I only play pubs for Defense maps and some of the weekend events if I need the extra points. Regular play is clan only.
    Oh and if you really think it's ALL just sprint and shoot I recommend soloing some of the end-game planets, 60+ level wise :) . You'll be sprinting and shooting to try and stay alive, being constantly flanked etc. If all you do is run you'll be dead in 2 minutes even with a high level frame config.

Another important aspect of clan life in WF has been alluded to by ShadowHearth. Some of them are huge (literally 1000s of members) so the whole aspect of finding like minded folks who will help you is lost. This mostly stems from when they introduced the Clan Dojos a couple of months ago. The resources required to build enough of one to get the Clan Weapon research going was initially astronomical, coming from a small clan with about 7-8 active players it literally would have taken us months to get it done. Soooo a lot of clans were formed purely as collectives. Nuts really, and so funny when the founders would spout the usual ideals for setting one up - talk about player quality and being selective and at the same time guaranteeing they would accept anyone who applied so they could resource share. Essentially these mega clans are useless for anything other than getting hold of the Clan Weapons. DE rebalanced things btw so it's not hard for a small clan to get it all done now so don't be afraid to create your own for just a small group of like minded players, you're no longer screwed resource wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I will be honest, I could be accused of few fast rush runs, but I have killed TYL REGOR about 50 times and I still dont have ASH Systems. I got 5 of helms and chassis at this stage and enough polimer bundles to build a house out of them... So I just rush in with volt. I do open online games, but I start them myself and solo it most of the time, unless someone joins me.
    I really need to get a nice small clan, but I am building a lot of DOJO weapons and it is handy to pop in and buy blueprints for Detonite Injectors and Fildrons. I have mats ready for FLUX rifle and need few Fieldrons for SUPRA and Detonite injectors for OGRIS. When I got all that sorted I will be on a look out for a small clan.

Higher level content is really damn tough indeed. level 55++ and Soloing is hard. Though thats why WARFRAME is fun. :) I have to say I really spoiled BF3 for myself after 90h ( shows on steam :eek: ) of warframe. Modern shooters just feel so damn slow and annoing now. Constantly spaming Shift+Ctrl in BF3 does not help too. :p

ASH SYSTEM DROP!!!!! OMFG!!!! I did at least 10 runs today alone solo and finally droped! Making all 3 parts now and tomorrow I will have brand spanking new Warframe!
    I am rank 4 and I cant even make Stuff from Clan DOJO researches. I need to level up and ASH will help a lot. Picked up few weapons to help level up my rank too.
    So far Rank 7 is highest needed for weapons, right? Supra is the only one I can think of that needs 7.

Yay. Ash is my favourite frame, good luck with him.

Yup 7 is the highest so far. I haven't used the Supra yet, it's next on my list so I should have it done this weekend, but you will love the Flux rifle - it's a hard choice between that and the Dera for me. It really just depends if you need long range or not.
    The Torid is also a beast of a weapon. On maps like Xini I can pretty much solo for our team until about wave 15 with it (forma'd about 5 times though so there's a lot on there). My clan mates grumbled a bit about being bored so I've stopped using it now for a while :). It's also a very effective weapon on T3 Void missions, since the more open space limits you gassing yourself and you also have to consider ammo efficiency on Solo runs (you would have to try and run out of ammo with a Torid).

For the mastery rank always make sure you are levelling at least one item as you play, even if you don't use it. I rarely use Melee but made pretty much every single one of them available, stuck them on to soak shared XP during multi-player and then just dumped them into the 'warehouse' when they hit 30. Rank-fodder :)

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Yay. Ash is my favourite frame, good luck with him.

Yup 7 is the highest so far. I haven't used the Supra yet, it's next on my list so I should have it done this weekend, but you will love the Flux rifle - it's a hard choice between that and the Dera for me. It really just depends if you need long range or not.
    The Torid is also a beast of a weapon. On maps like Xini I can pretty much solo for our team until about wave 15 with it (forma'd about 5 times though so there's a lot on there). My clan mates grumbled a bit about being bored so I've stopped using it now for a while :). It's also a very effective weapon on T3 Void missions, since the more open space limits you gassing yourself and you also have to consider ammo efficiency on Solo runs (you would have to try and run out of ammo with a Torid).

For the mastery rank always make sure you are levelling at least one item as you play, even if you don't use it. I rarely use Melee but made pretty much every single one of them available, stuck them on to soak shared XP during multi-player and then just dumped them into the 'warehouse' when they hit 30. Rank-fodder :)

ASH was on my list to get frames. I am still a noob ( even with 68h played ), so Warframes themselfs are hard to get. Funny thing is Banshee Helmet blueprints droped just now! :D I am lucky today! I can make Trinity and Banshee too, but I will hold on untill I level up ASH. So far between VOLT/RHINO/EXCALIBUR I am having enough fun. ASH will add up to that fun, my first stealthy Warframe, I will need to level up SHADE for it. It is still sitting and collecting dust.

When you start off warframe it looks like its very hard to get mats for weapons to craft. Now, some of the mats I have **** truck loads and other mats are not that hard to come by anymore. Funny thing is, it does not look like drop rate is higher in higher levels. Like Ferrite is still the best to get in M PRIME lol.

Well, like always I spent so much time in warframe its not even funny. Some very good things happened to me though. In my current clan they make a requirement to go on Team Speak, so I said, might as well. Turns out a lot of active people on teamspeak. Great crack and a ton of info. Learned about good spots for runs and mats, found out about loot rooms in void missions. Had a ton of great runs with lads too. Turns out my clan is pretty damn cool.
    Working on my rank 5 at the moment as I got all mats needed for Ogris and FLUX rifle. I just get weapons build, level them up and throw them in to bin. Gorgon is a shiny example of a rubbish weapon ( for me ) . Could not wait to level that sucker up and forget about it. So now I am working on BOLTOR and ORTHOS. After that HIND and that should be enough to get me to rank 5. Unfortunately I decided to wait for ASH to build itself, 50 Plat can be better spent on Forma or Catalyst.
    On the sidearms front I decided to Use first Forma on Vasto. I just love that weapon. Looks like its going to be my permanent sidearm for a good while.
    After playing a small bit with these lads in Clan I can really say that the stuff posted here about warframe not having any tactics and just about stacking tank is complete bull****. These lads do defence mission runs and they get Warframes balanced out for the run. For high level content you really need a well balanced teams too. Even Mod fittings and Warframe fittings have a lot deeper curve then I thought.
    So for anyone to really enjoy warframe I would suggest to go and find a good clan with teamspeak/vent as it makes game even more fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Got back into this game after update 9 and it really has come along way. Lots of new content being added. Currently have a supercharged Excalibur frame with a Braton (29) AKLato (22) and Dual Ethers (19) and the game feels alot hard than it was when i stopped playing. They seem to have nerfed the AKLato because the firerate is capped now where before it fired as fast as i clicked the fire button.

Anyone got any advice on weapons and how to earn credits? Currently building the Mag warframe and farming credits as the planets i have yet to complete are getting quite hard. Plus i want a break from my current loadout as i have been using the same gear since the start of the game.

Also Platinum prices to steep?

• Advertisement

Got back into this game after update 9 and it really has come along way. Lots of new content being added. Currently have a supercharged Excalibur frame with a Braton (29) AKLato (22) and Dual Ethers (19) and the game feels alot hard than it was when i stopped playing. They seem to have nerfed the AKLato because the firerate is capped now where before it fired as fast as i clicked the fire button.

Anyone got any advice on weapons and how to earn credits? Currently building the Mag warframe and farming credits as the planets i have yet to complete are getting quite hard. Plus i want a break from my current loadout as i have been using the same gear since the start of the game.

Also Platinum prices to steep?

Later credits wount be a problem. When you will start doing xini runs and void missions. I get about 70k credits from one tower 3 exterminate run. If you will want, I can take you on few runs. I still have like 10 exterminate keys.

Weapons is a tricky topic. Cool thing about warfare that weapons are very different and unique. I would suggest to go on YouTube and check Mogamu weapon videos and. Choose which weapon would suit you best. Later on you will get to stage where you making weapons like a factory. Resources won't be an issue, a start is very hard in warframe.
    I would suggest myself to build Paris or Boar. A lot of fun and solid weapons. Build throwing knifed or stars too. Most powerful side arms in game, unless you can make Acrid.

Plat is expensive and you will need it in warframe. Potatoes and forma are stupidly rare and you will need a lot of them. I got only 3 forma in game after 100+++ hours of playing.
    Don't buy plat just now though, wait until you get a log in plat discount. It can be 20% 50% 75%. you get at least one of those discounts a week I noticed.

Well, I finally hit rank 6. Got OGRIS and FLUX rifle built this morning. I have to say FLUX rifle should be banned! :pac: Its only rank 20 ( with potato ) and it just destroys stuff. With flux rifle so great at killing ancients I can use my Vasto again. I got 2 Forma used on it too.

Anyway, was not a fan of this weekend event. It was way too rare and I was really unlucky with mod rewords. Hopefully other events will be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Friend of mine was at Gamescom, she went to the Warframe booth to say she liked the game. They responded with "You're a GIRL!" Not terribly impressed. But she brought back swag!

So, did anyone sticked around? I am over 110h+++ and still having fun. I have to say, that you will enjoy game a lot more when you in a clan, which is active on teamspeak. I got lucky to get in to a clan with a bunch of crazy lads, great crack! :)

P.s flux rifle should be banned :D 2 forma in already!

this months edition of PC gamer comes with £20 worth of in game money

Got to 12 minutes on the new survival event. Don't think ill be able to make 20min for the Strun. After 10 minutes they throw Toxic Ancients at you and by that time the mobs are level 45-50.

• Advertisement

Got to 12 minutes on the new survival event. Don't think ill be able to make 20min for the Strun. After 10 minutes they throw Toxic Ancients at you and by that time the mobs are level 45-50.

I got to solo 15 min and was lucky to get in to random group with good people, so we did 26 min. Lads in a clan managed 38minutes in pairs. Looks like best way to do it in 2 people groups.

I really love this event so far. A lot more fun and challenging then defence missions. Plus equipment levels up so damn fast! :eek:

32min my highest so far. Savage event!!!

Skerries wrote: »
    this months edition of PC gamer comes with £20 worth of in game money

Did you tried it? The lads in clan bought on google store the magazine for 3-4£, but irish are not getting google magazine stand...
    Tried to redeem it with hard copy?

just entered the code in from the magazine and it says I have 620 platinum but I'm not sure how much I had in there already.

it did say in the magazine that digital copies won't get it til Sept 6th and if they didn't opt in for share information or you only buy a single issue that they have to send an email to pcgamer.giftageddon@futurenet with either a picture of the code page from the mag or a receipt from the digital edition

just entered the code in from the magazine and it says I have 620 platinum but I'm not sure how much I had in there already.

it did say in the magazine that digital copies won't get it til Sept 6th and if they didn't opt in for share information or you only buy a single issue that they have to send an email to pcgamer.giftageddon@futurenet with either a picture of the code page from the mag or a receipt from the digital edition

Cheers. Misses gone to town today and picked up a copy of a magazine. Need to wait for her to come back home later on. I am fresh out of plat after rushing Dual VASTO. WELL WORTH IT! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

If you have an iPhone or iPad you can get this month's and next month's issue of PC Gamer for free, with no obligation apparently.

Right, misses brought back the magazine. Entered code and got the 27eu package. Great value for 8eu.

I wonder if they stack if you buy more?

I wonder if they stack if you buy more?

Thats what I was wondering too. Its great damn value. I read the page and I could not see anything like " only for one account" stuff.

Someone test it so i can abuse it :D

Someone test it so i can abuse it :D

I got the last magazine in our town. :(

Anyway, these survivals are the bizz, really like them. They supposed to change raid missions. I don't mind raid missions, but I do prefer survival now. 1 run and supra from zero to rank 18. :D.
    So on infested best Time was 33min on corpus 67min. Can't wait to try grineer tomorrow.

I love dual vasto. What a great weapon. At level 205 dual vasto was the only weapon doing damage. Everything else was useless. Can't recommend enough.
    Supra is different story, I built it today and got it to level 22. So far I am not impressed at all. I will try forma it once, but if it count improve with more mods I will just switch to dera and forma it few times.

Well, did all of you gave up already? I have to say I am still going strong. Got a ton of new weapons. Some cool, some crap.
    I still can't believe how disappointing SUPRA is. My new love is LANKA. I built it, just because I could, was not looking forward to it at all. After trial run on xini I felt in love. Its 29 now and I am planing a ton of forma on it. That thing is just stupidly good and fun. Speed trigger and shred are the must though.
    The latest patch finally brought a mod system, where you don't need redo mods every single time you switch weapons/frames. Its god sent!

Looking forward to update 10 now. Do you reckon we will see it this weekend?

Still playing, though I've only clocked up 15 hours so far. I got my code off PC Gamer today through their free month trial offer. Now what to spend all that platinum on. :)

Sarn wrote: »
    Still playing, though I've only clocked up 15 hours so far. I got my code off PC Gamer today through their free month trial offer. Now what to spend all that platinum on. :)

I would suggest keeping platinum for "Potatoes" and Forma. Everything else you can get yourself.

Logged in today to finally be greeted with a 75% off Plat login bonus :D Dropped €45 on it to get about 4k Plat and some mods (which i think are just nightmare mods) Bought the female Warframe bundle, the update 10 bundle and a few weapons. Game has a new lease of life now i have all these new toys to play with. Normally i wouldn't drop so much cash on the game but i really don't play enough to grind out stuff. Plus i'm impatient :D

The new UI is really really nice plus the switchable mod loudouts also. Game has come along way since i played it on the first day of the open beta. A joy to play.

Just checked the official forums now regarding all alerts being lvl 90+ and it seems everyone hates the update. Haven't play much of it to be honest just some mercury missions on the new frames i have but i can see what they are talking about in regards to the stamina nerf.

• Advertisement

Logged in today to finally be greeted with a 75% off Plat login bonus :D Dropped €45 on it to get about 4k Plat and some mods (which i think are just nightmare mods) Bought the female Warframe bundle, the update 10 bundle and a few weapons. Game has a new lease of life now i have all these new toys to play with. Normally i wouldn't drop so much cash on the game but i really don't play enough to grind out stuff. Plus i'm impatient :D

The new UI is really really nice plus the switchable mod loudouts also. Game has come along way since i played it on the first day of the open beta. A joy to play.

Just checked the official forums now regarding all alerts being lvl 90+ and it seems everyone hates the update. Haven't play much of it to be honest just some mercury missions on the new frames i have but i can see what they are talking about in regards to the stamina nerf.

Ah, you lucky bugger! I want 75% off too, but I never get it :(. Damn, I will even take 50%!!!

So far, I love new update. I only started it today and we with the lads managed to get 2 out 3 parts for Necro already. Few lads bought it with plat and it looks like a savage frame! Cant wait to build my one! A lot more satisfying then buying one( for me ).
    The new boss is great crack. We spent like 25 mins first time around.
    It was so lol too. We did not knew its 2 phase fight. So when we killed all heads, we though that it is it. Then we droped down and were greated with all big bad boy! Teamspeak just had a surge in "WTF IS THAT!!!! OMG RUN LOL!!!! Was so funny and interesting at the same time.
    Second and third time we put on our good weaponary, 4 RHINO's and we made that boss our bitch. Flux Rifle and Wraith Shotgun work great on it.

So yeah, All in all I love this patch. Great frame, GREAT BOSS!!!, Cool new zones and tiles. UI changes are very good, just to sort out mod section and we back on track. It gets really annoying to scroll down 300 REACH mods, before getting to what you actually need. I have not tried new weapons yet, but those should be awesome too.

Ah, you lucky bugger! I want 75% off too, but I never get it :(. Damn, I will even take 50%!!!

So far, I love new update. I only started it today and we with the lads managed to get 2 out 3 parts for Necro already. Few lads bought it with plat and it looks like a savage frame! Cant wait to build my one! A lot more satisfying then buying one( for me ).
    The new boss is great crack. We spent like 25 mins first time around.
    It was so lol too. We did not knew its 2 phase fight. So when we killed all heads, we though that it is it. Then we droped down and were greated with all big bad boy! Teamspeak just had a surge in "WTF IS THAT!!!! OMG RUN LOL!!!! Was so funny and interesting at the same time.
    Second and third time we put on our good weaponary, 4 RHINO's and we made that boss our bitch. Flux Rifle and Wraith Shotgun work great on it.

So yeah, All in all I love this patch. Great frame, GREAT BOSS!!!, Cool new zones and tiles. UI changes are very good, just to sort out mod section and we back on track. It gets really annoying to scroll down 300 REACH mods, before getting to what you actually need. I have not tried new weapons yet, but those should be awesome too.

To get 75% off plat you login for two days then dont login on the third. Then it resets it back to zero days. Not as many different login rewards in the first two days compared to 3+ days thus more chance to proc a 75% discount.

As for earning Warframes i kinda agree. I would rather earn them than simply buy them, but i felt i needed that quick fix since i was bored out of my head with Excalibur and Mag just isn't doing anything for me. I have about 2.2k play left so plan is to only spend that on slots and potatoes.

Will consider joining a clan when i get that real endgame frame + loudout.

To get 75% off plat you login for two days then dont login on the third. Then it resets it back to zero days. Not as many different login rewards in the first two days compared to 3+ days thus more chance to proc a 75% discount.

As for earning Warframes i kinda agree. I would rather earn them than simply buy them, but i felt i needed that quick fix since i was bored out of my head with Excalibur and Mag just isn't doing anything for me. I have about 2.2k play left so plan is to only spend that on slots and potatoes.

Will consider joining a clan when i get that real endgame frame + loudout.

To be honest, I would join as soon as you can. there is nothing "end game" in warframe. Even excalibur is sort of end game. Join as soon as possible and preferably the clan with TeamSpeak. Its all about runs and when you doing them with other people its a lot more fun, trust me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Sarn wrote: »

Can you still do this? How do you get a free month?
    Only started playing this game yesterday, was getting bored of planetside 2 so needed something fresh

Well, I got my necro helmet last night and I got my Necro building now. Its going to be long 3 days. :(
    I got my Soma too and I really really Love it so far. It comes with 2 "V" polarities and makes Gorgon look like a Bitch! I dont know why on earth someone would use Gorgon instead of Soma. 35% crit is madness. I am still leveling and it does not look like great against ancients so far, but I dont even have armor pen mod on it yet.

So thoughts on update 10 so far? A missed opportunity. I LOVE all the additions, I love new weapon ( looking forward to see Dojo weapons in action too ), I love necro ( from seeing others play it ), I love new Derelic zones and I LOVE New boss. So why is it missed opportunity? Its, because after you get your Necro, there is no point in going to Derelic zones and kill that boss. Credit rewards are bad, XP is bad, mod drops meh ( you will still go to farm mods in void ). Its a great new addition, but its just under used. Void is out for ages and it is still alive due to so many Prime drops. Derelic needs some sort of "Corrupted" versions of weapons to make us go there.

KilOit wrote: »
    Can you still do this? How do you get a free month?
    Only started playing this game yesterday, was getting bored of planetside 2 so needed something fresh

If you subscribe to the digital edition of PC Gamer you can get a free month, I did it through my iPhone. Then it's a matter of cancelling it before it renews. For the digital edition you have to mail them for the code, which takes a few days for them to verify.

I'm still playing, though I slacked off for a few weeks. I agree update 10 has been a success, 2 days left for my Necro, also loving the Soma (have polarized it once so far, usually 5 is the charm for my rifles nowadays :) ).
    Yes the new boss becomes a little pointless once you have the parts but then that is true of them all, the difference here (and I am thinking this is as much of an experiment by DE as anything else) is that you were guaranteed a component drop at the end of each mission. Yes it could be something you already have but at least there was no mad searching for the elusive purple ball after the kill, that and the actual mechanics of the boss-fight itself were MUCH more satisfying than any other boss-runs in the game.
    And I love survival mode, it's easily my favourite type now. Lots of action, XP and drops without the static nature of defense missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

No sure if it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I found out last night that Warframe is set in the same universe as Dark Sector - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Sector

The main character of that game was the first Tenno. Check out the description of the Glaive in game and take a look at the box art for Dark Sector.

Even more interesting is the fact that Dark Sector was originally supposed to be a stealth game set in space, but was changed to a modern day 3rd person shooter at the last minute.

Check out the original trailer!
    Notice any similarities?

• Advertisement

HMmmm I got only 200 plat left over, so I am hunting the 50% / 75% off daily roll. Not in a rush, as I only buy Potatoes and Forma.

With steam 50% off it works out 1500plat for 46eu. Thing is I dont really need that much of plat. All I need is about 500 etc. I cant buy starter pack anymore as I got it already. can you buy that gift pack for yourself?

I really wish there was more lore to read, the setting is really interesting.

I built my Vasto last night, great damage but the magazine capacity is a real bummer. Bought the blue prints for dual ether swords and latron, will be farming for mats later on.

Got to level 2 and tried the qualification test - my pistol glitched and disappeared from my hand! Have to wait until 1am to try again :(

TomCo wrote: »
    I really wish there was more lore to read, the setting is really interesting.

I built my Vasto last night, great damage but the magazine capacity is a real bummer. Bought the blue prints for dual ether swords and latron, will be farming for mats later on.

Got to level 2 and tried the qualification test - my pistol glitched and disappeared from my hand! Have to wait until 1am to try again :(

Single vasto is great. I love my one. Got 4 forma in my one. Dual vasto is even more fun. :)

Vasto is not about clip, but about reload speed. Just put reload mod on it. It will reload so fast, it will just feel like one huge single clip.

I would recommend getting Soma. It's a beast weapon. I think they are planing making a level requirement for it. Get it while you still can.

I would recommend getting Soma. It's a beast weapon. I think they are planing making a level requirement for it. Get it while you still can.

Is there not already a level requirement?
    Its XP locked for me and the wiki lists it as having a level 3 requirement.

TomCo wrote: »
    Is there not already a level requirement?
    Its XP locked for me and the wiki lists it as having a level 3 requirement.

Is it? Damn, sorry m8. I am rank 7 so I just buy stuff and dont see XP requirements anymore. Anyway, you should work on to get level 3 m8. Soma is just stupidly good. I got my to level 28 and still No forma and it makes stuff cry. A LOT! Stay away from gorgon by the way, it sounds great on paper and it sucks hard. REALLY HARD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Bollocks. I have a level 30 Gorgon with increased ammo, rate of fire and damage mods and it scythes through just about anything you want to throw at it.

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote: »
    Bollocks. I have a level 30 Gorgon with increased ammo, rate of fire and damage mods and it scythes through just about anything you want to throw at it.

Its useless due to such a long reload speed and wind up speed. You can give a good burst of damage, yes, but it is not a reliable damage at all. It sucks out ammo faster then you can count to 10. Try Soma and I bet you will throw away Gorgon. Soma has the same principal as GORGON, but everything set to 11. Let alone 2.5% crit vs 35%.

Agreed on Soma, the thing is insane. Mine is level 30 with like 80%+ crit chance and it tears through everything, yellow numbers everywhere. I have an increased fire rate mod on it also so the wind up is almost nonexistent.

I really enjoy the Dual Ethers also. My first real melee weapon so it has a special place in my heart. Hits 3 targets at a time, the spin attack does big damage great for rushing play style, serrated blade for x3 damage against small infested and staggers all but Corpus Walkers on each hit. Although, I have been leveling up an Orthos and i can see why everyone and their mother uses it. Insane range, insane damage, hits 5 targets per charge.

Agreed on Soma, the thing is insane. Mine is level 30 with like 80%+ crit chance and it tears through everything, yellow numbers everywhere. I have an increased fire rate mod on it also so the wind up is almost nonexistent.

I really enjoy the Dual Ethers also. My first real melee weapon so it has a special place in my heart. Hits 3 targets at a time, the spin attack does big damage great for rushing play style, serrated blade for x3 damage against small infested and staggers all but Corpus Walkers on each hit. Although, I have been leveling up an Orthos and i can see why everyone and their mother uses it. Insane range, insane damage, hits 5 targets per charge.

Yup, soma is just stupid. Me an clan mates were having a laugh, we were doing void tower defence 3 ( 3 of us ). 2xsoma, 1xflux. Could we get more OP lol, yes, we needed wrath strun lol. I forma my soma today and going to forma again. I am pretty sure soma is sort of a **** up by devs.

Dual ethers were my first proper melee to lol. Love them. 100% agree on orthos. That's what I use now all the time, I haven't even put any forma in to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

I have a spare £20 ingame credit.
    Story is I signed up to pcgamer on the phone but took too long so just bought the mag, can't use 2 PC gamer codes, so want to trade it for something small on steam maybe

KilOit wrote: »
    I have a spare £20 ingame credit.
    Story is I signed up to pcgamer on the phone but took too long so just bought the mag, can't use 2 PC gamer codes, so want to trade it for something small on steam maybe

2 codes do not work? bummer :( No good for me too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement