Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro D'Italia Stage 6: Grotte di Frasassi to Ascoli Piceno (San Giacomo) (160km)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

What exactly was the plan from Ineos?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Mollema pedalling squares

Mollema pedalling squares

He’s not a stylish rider

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Went downstairs to assemble new bike rack for my car and apparently missed an incident with a team car!

Brian? wrote: »
    He’s not a stylish rider

True dat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,180 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Went downstairs to assemble new bike rack for my car and apparently missed an incident with a team car!

https://twitter.com/wcsbike/status/1392854214573969411?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Is there any other live text aside from Cycling News? Pro Cycling Stats doesn't tell you a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Hon Dan!

Dan looks like he's enjoying himself here

Bernal looking for help from the other lads. Ha

• Advertisement

Chapeau Mader!!

Good ride by Dan too.

Dodge wrote: »
    Bernal looking for help from the other lads. Ha

"Come through!

"My arse I will"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,064 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Evenepoel in pink?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,617 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Surprised Yates wasnt there at the end with Dan,Bernal and Evenepoel all of whom look in great shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭De Bhál

This Giro could be a good one, nice mix of leaders in good form here. Pity about Landa going out yesterday.

Dcully wrote: »
    Surprised Yates wasnt there at the end with Dan,Verbal and Evenepoel all of whom look in great shape.

Agreed - he lost 17 seconds to Dan, as did Hugh Carthy. That's twice this week that Yates has lost time where you wouldn't expect him to.

Attila the Hungarian is the new maglia rosa.
    Great ride from Dan and Remco looking dangerous but this is Bernals to lose I reckon.

Mader looked like he was gonna get sick when he got over that line. Delighted for him

Valter in pink

Quite like the fact he's from Hungary, so the start lists read "VALTER, Attilla (Hun)"

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Great ride from Dan and Remco looking dangerous but this is Bernals to lose I reckon.

Madera looked like he was gonna get sick when he got over that line. Delighted for him

I think Remco is riding into form here. Dropped the other day and looked very comfortable today.

Ineos made a balls of it today. Martinez should have attacked as soon as Moscow dropped off. Instead they sat in and let Quickstep take it up. By the time they tried the 1-2 with Martinez and Bernal attacking it was too late.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

breezy1985 wrote: »

Madera looked like he was gonna get sick when he got over that line. Delighted for him

Remco is a far, far superior time trialist to Bernal. We’ll see if he can last with him in the mountains but I don’t think it’s a done deal yet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,064 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The 3rd week is a monster...anyone within 2-3mins going into that is in with a shout.
    Yates maybe pacing himself better after what happened him in 2018...

retalivity wrote: »
    The 3rd week is a monster...anyone within 2-3mins going into that is in with a shout.

I think the third week is where Evenepoel is going to come unstuck, between his lack of recent racing and his inexperience of races > 1 week. Great to see him back racing, though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I think Remco is conserving too. He likes to attack but he hasn't yet and I reckon he is playing it sensibly. It's all about seconds here and there this week but how much it matters I have my doubts once we get to week 3.

From yesterday but it looks like the car incident today wasn't the only one of late...

Qhubeka ASSOS team car badly damaged in crash at Giro d’Italia

https://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/qhubeka-assos-team-car-badly-damaged-in-crash-at-giro-ditalia-video/

retalivity wrote: »

Would be nice to see some of the likes of Nibali, Yates or Bardet go long in the mountains but I'm not sure any of them have it

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iffandonlyif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

The driver seems entirely unapologetic. Link (Eurosport).

Whole team should be removed for that, that type of behaviour should not be tolerated!

Where is the bit about the driver being unapologetic ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,955 ✭✭✭G1032

Why do you say that? I don't see anything there to suggest he's unapologetic.

Advertisement