Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Documentary recommendation thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,344 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Where can I watch this

I rented it on iTunes.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Anyone who's interested in True Crime documentaries might be interested in this.

I stumbled across this case on youtube a while back and I've found it hard to forget about it. It's quite a haunting case.

Coming to Netflix on 30th of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

xzanti wrote: »
    Anyone who's interested in True Crime documentaries might be interested in this.

I stumbled across this case on youtube a while back and I've found it hard to forget about it. It's quite a haunting case.

??

Saw the trailer for that a truly shocking crime altogether.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

??

Chris Watts - American Murder - Netflix. It's on the header.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Freddie Flintoff Living with Bulimia

Anyone suffering it’s a must watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Chris Watts - American Murder - Netflix. It's on the header.
    Watched this last night, an interesting one. Awful story.

I had seen some of the raw footage before and knew the story, so it wasn’t new to me. I’d say if you’ve never heard of Chris Watts it’ll be a well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

KungPao wrote: »
    Watched this last night, an interesting one. Awful story.

I had seen some of the raw footage before and knew the story, so it wasn’t new to me. I’d say if you’ve never heard of Chris Watts it’ll be a well worth a watch.

Saw it too. I must say, there is no excuse for murder but she was a very obsessive wife

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    Saw it too. I must say, there is no excuse for murder but she was a very obsessive wife

Spoiler there! Might be best to head to the true crime forum to discuss.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Watched a great documentary on Youtube about the Berlin Wall.

Standard History channel fare but so interesting. What some people did to be reunited with the families in the west were nuts. But you'd wonder; life seemed pretty okay in the east. As one of the east German solider said 'sure they have some nice stuff but a lot of it is muck too' Hahah

• Advertisement

Mic 1972 wrote: »

It was a bit crazy how much of their life she put up on social media, it’s like she posted their entire life’s up there. When they were on vacation just giving others instructions to get the perfect video to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

fin12 wrote: »
    It was a bit crazy how much of their life she put up on social media, it’s like she posted their entire life’s up there. When they were on vacation just giving others instructions to get the perfect video to post.

Yeah, her life seemed a bit hollow, which may explain the put-everything-online thing - she has the big house, the kids, the SUV, but her husband was probably always odd. I've read he never had any real relationships before his wife, which is kind of surprising for a fairly handsome fella.

If you google "unmasking nk" you'll find some interesting ideas on his bit on the side...

KungPao wrote: »
    Yeah, her life seemed a bit hollow, which may explain the put-everything-online thing - she has the big house, the kids, the SUV, but her husband was probably always odd. I've read he never had any real relationships before his wife, which is kind of surprising for a fairly handsome fella.

If you google "unmasking nk" you'll find some interesting ideas on his bit on the side...

Omg shocked, the whole thing is so sinister and creepy. Re NK.

Any Titanic fans this is a must watch:

Absolutely brilliant, first time I watched I was like wow! Unbelievable..

Tremors Making Perfection documentary will be on the Tremors YouTube Channel from Friday.

The Tremors TV Series is also on the Channel.

Night Stalker: The Hunt for A Serial Killer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Watched 1.5 eps last night. As is with most Netfilx docs these days it's well padded so it can drag a little bit but apart from that it seems exceptionally well presented and strung together so far. It's deffo a big step up from the usual serial killer docs.

The interviews with the surviving victims are harrowing. Maybe it was just the mood I was in but I found myself fast forwarding a couple of times.

Watched all 4 episodes tonight.
    Its not great TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Watched all 4 episodes tonight.
    Its not great TBH

Totally disagree, best thing netflix has done in a long time

Excellent watch

Larsso30 wrote: »
    Totally disagree, best thing netflix has done in a long time

Excellent watch

Each to their own!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Would recommend the Jon Benet Ramsay - what really happened documentary on Discovery for anyone who likes their true crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Would recommend the Jon Benet Ramsay - what really happened documentary on Discovery for anyone who likes their true crime.

Is there more than one episode up?

Finished outcry.. staggering really,about a child abuse case against a teenage football star.

Is there more than one episode up?

Nope, one episode, about 90 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I know this has been mentioned already but I have to say, if you want a rollercoaster ride, this is probably my favourite documentary.

Where it starts off and where it goes is just crazy. Love the graphics they do about the Russian cheating in Sochi as well.

The guys who made this have a new one out called “The Dissident” about the US journalist who was hacked to death inside the Saudi embassy in Turkey, gonna give it a watch tonight.

Nope, one episode, about 90 minutes.

Is that the whole thing? I'm presuming there will be more

Is that the whole thing? I'm presuming there will be more

Yeah that's it, it's done through previously unseen tapes of Lou Smit who was a legendary detective at the time. Lots of other docs on the case but this one is one and done.

Yeah that's it, it's done through previously unseen tapes of Lou Smit who was a legendary detective at the time. Lots of other docs on the case but this one is one and done.

i was sure at the end of it there was tit bits of the next one, audio from the brother etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭robwen

Lance, 2020 two-part documentary about the controversial Lance Armstrong, on BBC 2 HD tonight 10pm & BBC 2 SD 11.30pm

• Advertisement

New free streaming service launched today Documentary+

Documentary+, the non-fiction streamer from You Cannot Kill David Arquette studio XTR, has unveiled its launch slate.

The service, which launches today, will include feature-length and short documentary films from the likes of Spike Jonze, Kathryn Bigelow, Terrence Malick, Brett Morgen, Andrea Nevins, Roger Ross Williams, Zana Briski, Davis Guggenheim, and Werner Herzog.

Titles include The Imposter, Life, Animated, Born into Brothels, Cartel Land, Dior and I and Being Evel. There are political films such as Cory Booker film Street Fight, Elian Gonzalez story Elian and Lee Atwater’s Boogie Man as well as music documentaries including Seattle grunge doc Hype!, Colin Hanks’ Tower Records doc All Things Must Pass and The Other F Word as well as sports doc One Man and His Shoes about Michael Jordan.

It will also feature the work of up-and-coming filmmakers from the likes of Lana Wilson (Miss Americana), Ramona S. Diaz (A Thousand Cuts), Nanfu Wang (One Child Nation), Clay Tweel (Gleason), Kareem Tabsch (Mucho Mucho Amor), and Laura Gabbart (Ottolenghi and the Cakes of Versailles).

The free service is available on a range of streaming platforms including Apple TV, Amazon and Roku as well as on mobile.

https://deadline.com/2021/01/non-fiction-streamer-documentary-plus-launches-with-titles-including-the-imposter-life-animated-hype-1234682043/

https://www.docplus.com/

Advertisement