Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Authority Graduate Programme 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

When will the graduate training kick off does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JMariaa

I received an offer in the Dublin region yesterday morning and have yet to receive more information about starting dates etc

• Registered Users Posts: 22 saju

JMariaa wrote: »
    I received an offer in the Dublin region yesterday morning and have yet to receive more information about starting dates etc

Hey Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mags509

JMariaa wrote: »

Congratulations!

Anyone else from the Dublin region heard anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 domijemc

Congrats! I'm from the Dublin region in the Data Analytics Data Metrics stream and I got an email from Dublin City Council. After confirming my acceptance by replying to the same email they said that the anticipated joining dates would probably be "Mid-June-Mid July". And that they will be in touch in due course regarding my "proposed appointment date and on boarding". Just FYI, I was in lower half of top 10 OOM in Dublin Region. The best of luck to others waiting as well!

• Advertisement

domijemc wrote: »
    Congrats! I'm from the Dublin region in the Data Analytics Data Metrics stream and I got an email from Dublin City Council. After confirming my acceptance by replying to the same email they said that the anticipated joining dates would probably be "Mid-June-Mid July". And that they will be in touch in due course regarding my "proposed appointment date and on boarding". Just FYI, I was in lower half of top 10 OOM in Dublin Region. The best of luck to others waiting as well!
    Congratulations..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Majuuc

Just to keep everyone updated as well, I just got the offer from Dublin region (marketing & communication). I was slightly above 10th. :)

When will job offers (official offers) be sent out do you think? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Freddow

I also received my offer this week from the border & western region. Congrats to those who have got the good news and fingers crossed if you're still waiting.

Anyone from kildare Council (Data Analytics) heard anything ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Allatsea

Congratulations to everyone who have received offers, and those who have yet to receive theirs. Expect the 1st jobs to be filled between 14th/21st June through to mid-July and there will probably be a small number of 2nd batch graduates to start in last Q3/ early Q4 of 2021.( This might be due to Graduates moving on, accepting different job offers which they may be offered in July/Aug/Sept, from outside the LA). Your job offer start dates will depend on the specific LA needs and the stream you applied for (Only the individual HR departments within individual LA's will be aware of this) in your preferred region.

In 2018 the first positions where filled on June 11th and June 18th (approx. 5-10% of the total graduates where employed at this stage) Vast majority (approx. 80% where filled by mid-July). Expect the offers to mirror this as any LA with a current Graduate in situ, will not employee another until the contract expires or if the graduate position is currently unfilled).

It is a very good programme and my only advice is to walk before you run. Learn as much as you can about your individual Local Authority, it's strategic plans/delivery/your individual stream structure and SPC, relevant to your stream, etc. It will take time to understand your individual LA processes and the procedures/guidelines, which will be linked to your stream. Best of Luck!!

Hi All, congrats to all those who are getting their offers and the best of luck to those waiting. I'm looking for any information on whether LAs employ international students currently on their Stamp 1G visa into the graduate roles? Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks :)

Anyone get a starting date yet? Still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Emmabc

Congrats to those who received placements.

Did anyone get placed in the South for project management?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Man in green

Hi guys,

I got an offer in south region for EE and BD. They said it’s conditional on reference and academic checks aswel as medical. I replied that I will accept it and no reply since then.. I’m not sure if they contacted my mobile as I changed my number recently..

Anyone provide your refs and other factors yet?

Hi guys,

I got an offer in south region for EE and BD. They said it’s conditional on reference and academic checks aswel as medical. I replied that I will accept it and no reply since then.. I’m not sure if they contacted my mobile as I changed my number recently..

Anyone provide your refs and other factors yet?
    When did you get this offer? Did they give you a start date? As far as I know the job offers will be rolling out in the next month with references and signings etc at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kuiper81

I had contacted the county for which I was considered in the Eastern and Midlands region last week. They replied back promptly saying that they had received my details from the lead authority i.e. Kildare County Council and that they will notify me about the next steps in the process soon. They did not provide any specific timeline nor start date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Man in green

acawarrior wrote: »
    When did you get this offer? Did they give you a start date? As far as I know the job offers will be rolling out in the next month with references and signings etc at that stage.

I got the conditional offer email on the 6th of May. I was told to reply if I was still interested in it before the 11th of may.

The provisional start date is late June/ early July.
    No instructions since then about refs etc.
    Early days yet just I wasn’t sure if I missed a phone call or something

I got the conditional offer email on the 6th of May. I was told to reply if I was still interested in it before the 11th of may.

The provisional start date is late June/ early July.
    No instructions since then about refs etc.
    Early days yet just I wasn’t sure if I missed a phone call or something

Dont think you missed a call. Everyone is at the same stage as you. Just a matter of waiting on the start date now I think.

If there are candidates who are international students discussing their Stamp 1G visa with their LA, please do ping me. I am at the same stage in the process with DCC as well.

• Advertisement

last week got an email from the Dublin region. today received an email from the assigned local authority for a visa copy. Also mentioned the start date is 2 nd week of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TheRock2020

I got a call from the leading authority yesterday (Kildare County Council). I was offered my first choice in Offaly. She said HR in OCC will be in touch regarding never steps! Best of luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mags509

Received an email from DCC a few hours ago offering me a position within the communication and marketing discipline. Congratulations to all who have accepted their offers and the best of luck to the others who are still waiting.

Anyone get job offers/start date? Will we be working from home or in the office?

For the international students out here. I know that DCC is figuring something out after most candidates are getting the same response from DETE. Please get in touch with me if you are in the same position and also let me know if you want to join an unofficial whatsapp group of LGMA candidates and I can add you.

Any progress in the process.. any one received draft contract?

saju wrote: »
    Any progress in the process.. any one received draft contract?

No progress yet. May be sometime this week, we might get notified about the further steps as most of us would be starting somewhere in July I think.

Still waiting on start date. Has anyone got offers? Seems to be a long wait to get starting dates

Any update?

• Advertisement

acawarrior wrote: »
    Any update?

My LA mailed me that they will be rolling out the exact start dates and contracts from 08th June onwards. The start date would be somewhere in first week of July.

Advertisement