Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
15-08-2019, 19:44   #1
catrat12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 305
Phone number

*1590 30 23 48‬
Anyone recognize this number

I’m on eir mobile and seemingly I rang it for 10 mins and it cost me 36 euro
catrat12 is offline  
Advertisement
15-08-2019, 19:46   #2
antodeco
Warning: Contains traces of nuts
 
antodeco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,266
It's taxofficeireland dot com.

Not putting in the address in case someone clicks on it
antodeco is offline  
15-08-2019, 19:48   #3
Force Carrier
Registered User
 
Force Carrier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 558
Isn't it ironic that you payed VAT on that phone call.
Force Carrier is offline  
(2) thanks from:
15-08-2019, 19:51   #4
catrat12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Force Carrier View Post
Isn't it ironic that you payed VAT on that phone call.
Is that a legit number
catrat12 is offline  
15-08-2019, 19:56   #5
antodeco
Warning: Contains traces of nuts
 
antodeco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrat12 View Post
Is that a legit number
Yes. It's a legitimate number. You dialled it and you were charged. An illegitimate number would suggest if you dialled it, it wouldn't work
antodeco is offline  
Advertisement
15-08-2019, 20:00   #6
catrat12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by antodeco View Post
Yes. It's a legitimate number. You dialled it and you were charged. An illegitimate number would suggest if you dialled it, it wouldn't work
Thanx a million and also I’m terrible at finding the right place to post my stuff

God that was a expensive phone call
catrat12 is offline  
15-08-2019, 20:02   #7
Fr_Dougal
Registered User
 
Fr_Dougal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrat12 View Post
Thanx a million and also I’m terrible at finding the right place to post my stuff

God that was a expensive phone call
It was a scam. It’s not the tax office.
Fr_Dougal is offline  
15-08-2019, 20:03   #8
cml387
Registered User
 
cml387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr_Dougal View Post
It was a scam. It’s not the tax office.
Probably would have cost you a lot more if it was boom boom.
cml387 is offline  
15-08-2019, 20:04   #9
ILoveYourVibes
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 6,238
Oh that happened to my phone for ages. It would ring and ring ..i would answer they would somehow take all my credit.
ILoveYourVibes is offline  
Advertisement
15-08-2019, 20:04   #10
catrat12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 305
Was it a scam or not
I remember I did ring tax office but don’t recognize the number
catrat12 is offline  
15-08-2019, 20:15   #11
wiggle16
Moderator
 
wiggle16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrat12 View Post
Was it a scam or not
I remember I did ring tax office but don’t recognize the number
Revenue now has landline numbers with standard charges. The old numbers were "1890" numbers, not "1590", they got rid of them earlier this year and switched back to landline, and while they were expensive to ring from a mobile you would have needed to be on the phone to them all day to rack up that kind of a bill.

It's not a tax office. It's a scam.
wiggle16 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
15-08-2019, 20:19   #12
catrat12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 305
For **** sake but what’s the ten minutes on the bill all about
catrat12 is offline  
15-08-2019, 20:19   #13
Srameen
Registered User
 
Srameen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrat12 View Post
Is that a legit number
http://votemcauliffe.com/revenue-mus...elephone-scam/

A piece on them here.
Srameen is offline  
15-08-2019, 20:21   #14
Dial Hard
Registered User
 
Dial Hard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 6,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggle16 View Post
Revenue now has landline numbers with standard charges. The old numbers were "1890" numbers, not "1590", they got rid of them earlier this year and switched back to landline, and while they were expensive to ring from a mobile you would have needed to be on the phone to them all day to rack up that kind of a bill.

It's not a tax office. It's a scam.
None of that means the OP didn't make the call in question though.
Dial Hard is offline  
15-08-2019, 20:23   #15
Ishmael
Registered User
 
Ishmael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,381
Probably a scam. They get you to call the number and charge you to the hilt for it. The 1590 number doesn't belong to the revenue anyway. There are two dodgy looking websites listed when you google search the number which are taxofficeireland <dot> com and revenue-irish <dot> com.

Where did you get the number from? Did they ring you first by any chance or a missed called?
Ishmael is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet