Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-02-2017, 18:36   #46
bertie4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie4evr View Post
Ordered yesterday, shipped today from London. Expected here next Friday.
Well, I say shipped. No move today and DHL say that it hasn't been sent to them yet. I was wondering why the estimate was Friday!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-02-2017, 21:12   #47
Shane_ef

Chatted to DJI today, that was err.. Fun
Thanks from:
20-02-2017, 21:21   #48
bertie4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane_ef View Post
Chatted to DJI today, that was err.. Fun
Yeah, not a great time. Ended up trying DHL instead — much quicker.

Something I noticed about DJI was that the support people (I was in touch twice) typed very slowly and took a while to respond. This meant I kept getting the "You have not typed anything in a while. We will disconnect the chat in two minutes". Not a nice tactic.
20-02-2017, 22:05   #49
Shane_ef

Quote:
Yeah, not a great time. Ended up trying DHL instead — much quicker.

Something I noticed about DJI was that the support people (I was in touch twice) typed very slowly and took a while to respond. This meant I kept getting the "You have not typed anything in a while. We will disconnect the chat in two minutes". Not a nice tactic.
Oh oh there has been some movement
20-02-2017, 22:09   #50
bertie4evr

Quote:
Oh oh there has been some movement
I'd like to think the moaning did that!

Our's must be on the same plane.
Advertisement
21-02-2017, 00:30   #51
Denisoftus

Send a message via ICQ to Denisoftus
Mine is leaving London too, well for expecting it sometime in May (as promised by local dealers), I can wait even a few weeks for sure
21-02-2017, 12:52   #52
Shane_ef

So does anyone here have there Mavic insured, as in device insurance
21-02-2017, 14:46   #53
bertie4evr

Quote:
So does anyone here have there Mavic insured, as in device insurance
I'm going to call and see. Our house insurance has accidental damage coverage, which replaced a laptop that was broken outside the home before. We'll see what they say about the Mavic...
21-02-2017, 20:53   #54
Denisoftus

Quote:
I'm going to call and see. Our house insurance has accidental damage coverage, which replaced a laptop that was broken outside the home before. We'll see what they say about the Mavic...
Has this claim brought your premium up? is it worth to insure it? For ~$150 you can get it insured with DJI for two accidents, I think.
Advertisement
21-02-2017, 21:10   #55
bertie4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denisoftus View Post
Has this claim brought your premium up? is it worth to insure it? For ~$150 you can get it insured with DJI for two accidents, I think.
Not that I noticed, it was a couple of years ago now. Doesn't matter anyway they won't cover the Mavic!

The DJI Care thing is tempting but it's €120 upfront, then another €70 the first time something happens and €120 the second time. Not to mention it only lasts a year and you can't renew it.
21-02-2017, 21:33   #56
Denisoftus

Quote:
The DJI Care thing is tempting but it's €120 upfront, then another €70 the first time something happens and €120 the second time. Not to mention it only lasts a year and you can't renew it.
Hm, still it may well worth it if you are an amateur like myself, and you probably won't need it the second and other years as you get better and better
22-02-2017, 11:04   #57
Lemon3

I just ordered one from CVP in UK, there's 43 in stock...if thats to be believed http://cvp.com/index.php?t=product/dji_mavic_pro
22-02-2017, 11:15   #58
Brother Andy

My dad has every one of their drones bar the inspire 2. The mavic will be the one getting the most use. The design is just amazing

Taking the inspire out is a real commitment, and becomes quite awkward when you include a case and storage for controller, batteries,... especially if you want to go off the beaten track, same with the phantoms

The mavic just makes so much more sense, literally fits in your jacket pocket, and controller in the other pocket

This is the first drone he bought direct from Apple

If all of their drones were the same price, I would still choose the mavic

Good luck with your mavics everyone, I think they are a bargain for that price
Thanks from:
22-02-2017, 12:19   #59
bertie4evr

Mine arrived! It's sitting on the desk charging and of course today it's p*ssing down so no flying for me. I might terrorise the dogs indoors later.
(3) thanks from:
22-02-2017, 13:21   #60
funkyuser

Quote:
Mine arrived! It's sitting on the desk charging and of course today it's p*ssing down so no flying for me. I might terrorise the dogs indoors later.
I ordered early morning yesterday 21st on dji.com, website says payment confirmed and shipped.

When did you receive DHL tracking number? 24 hours later I haven't got any shipping info from DHL

I've ordered the fly more + 1 extra battery, I beginning to think i should have split this order into two ..I might be waiting longer if they don't have the extra battery.

I've emailed DJI for info.

I started quadcopters two years ago first with a tiny Cheerson cx-10 banggood.com, then an indestructible ARRIS FPV250 from hobby-wing.com, I can fly line of sight pretty good now. Lots of crashes, replaced lots of props
I've put the time in, flying figure eights, sideways, nose in and nose out, coordinated turns, tight turns around goal posts etc. Its good to know Ill have these skills to help avoid crashes or fly aways

Gotta get this mavic have some fun before everyone has one and we're colliding, falling out of the sky and the authorities crack down on it

edit: I've always been careful not to cause any disturbance to people, pets, property or wildlife in the slightest

Last edited by funkyuser; 22-02-2017 at 13:43.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion