Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Xenji wrote: »
    Picked this up for €2.54 last night, was looking something else on allkeyshop and it was on the front page, only lasted a few minutes so was very lucky, gonna leave it awhile though till they release a proper patch and not just hotfixes.

That's a phenominal steal, 95% off or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I hate barcelona, i am playing as liverpool and they have just put in bids for Coutinho, Mane and Firmino. Trying to holdout but Mane has handed in transfer request

Exact same happened me this morning minus the transfer request.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Xenji wrote: »
    Picked this up for €2.54 last night, was looking something else on allkeyshop and it was on the front page, only lasted a few minutes so was very lucky, gonna leave it awhile though till they release a proper patch and not just hotfixes.

Excellent price. The cheapest I have seen it is about €30

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Just picked up a copy in smyths, I forgot I have no disk drive on the mac. Has anybody out there bought it in similar store ?? Is there a disk inside or is it downloaded via steam?? Don't want to open it as they can't take it back

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

tbayers wrote: »
    Just picked up a copy in smyths, I forgot I have no disk drive on the mac. Has anybody out there bought it in similar store ?? Is there a disk inside or is it downloaded via steam?? Don't want to open it as they can't take it back
    There should be a key code inside the game, in order to download from Steam.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

I have an edited LOI structure in the works

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057807582

All info there

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Ste- wrote: »
    Exact same happened me this morning minus the transfer request.

Only mane left other two stayed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

hots wrote: »
    That's a phenominal steal, 95% off or something!
    bigron2109 wrote: »
    Excellent price. The cheapest I have seen it is about €30

It was a fluke really, went back up to €32 within a couple of minutes, must of just been a price error.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

So what do we all think so far?

• Advertisement

So what do we all think so far?

Decent but they could have updated the press conferences as they are still the same.
    Seems a bit cluttered with all the info now and stuff from the data analysts but maybe some people like all of that so I guess they not going to please everyone.
    Will wait until all the patches are out until seeing if any of the other issues get fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Serie A is the best league in the world. Just hit the December 2017 and Bologna, Roma, Atalanta, Udinese and AC need a new manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Not feeling it this year, my laptop is struggling a bit with it too which makes it a lot less enjoyable to play. The have hidden some match day stuff away like opposition instructions which I keep forgetting to set before matches.

threein99 wrote: »
    Not feeling it this year, my laptop is struggling a bit with it too which makes it a lot less enjoyable to play. The have hidden some match day stuff away like opposition instructions which I keep forgetting to set before matches.

Its not really hidden its when you are giving a team talk its at the top of the page, but yeah they seem to have clogged up the ui with stuff instead of changing those god forsaken media interviews which have been the exact same for years now with the same questions over and over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

There's a lot of ****e needless unneccessary features this year

Fat needs to be trimmed and go back to basics.

Scouting screens and system is a joke this year

Scout reports now come back with general ratings, have taken the place of the star system on the player search screen.

Yea it's a bit ****.

Also the scouting centre is crap, needs an attribute analysis on the front page of the report so you can instantly see who you dont want and dont have to click more than you need to.

Its not really hidden its when you are giving a team talk its at the top of the page, but yeah they seem to have clogged up the ui with stuff instead of changing those god forsaken media interviews which have been the exact same for years now with the same questions over and over

Hidden probably the wrong word choice, but added extra clicks to get to get to screens Its the first year in a long time I have thought about going back to the previous years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Krooshma

Hey does anyone else find the game somewhat unplayable in its current format? im an old school player ans have always played with commentary only. Unless I am missing something, there doesn't seem to be an option to turn off the dismal 3d match engine? is there any way to play with just commentary like all older versions and/or turn off the 3d? its driving me mental and im finding the game unplayable as is

Krooshma wrote: »
    Hey does anyone else find the game somewhat unplayable in its current format? im an old school player ans have always played with commentary only. Unless I am missing something, there doesn't seem to be an option to turn off the dismal 3d match engine? is there any way to play with just commentary like all older versions and/or turn off the 3d? its driving me mental and im finding the game unplayable as is

Can disable 3d in preferences

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Krooshma wrote: »

When you start a match click on the settings icon in the top right. Where it says 'show' you can change Extended Highlights to only commentary. Combine that with the 2D classic camera and I assume it'll look similar to how it did years ago.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who hates the new scout reports, even the player search screen is bad. There's no need for the little pitch to show positions and they essentially messed with the one thing I don't think ever needed changing. With the scout reports it takes too many clicks to get what I want, and with a big club there's so many coming all the time that I just skip most of them. Then with a smaller team they're really infrequent and I find that when I scout a player for a week I don't get that report in my inbox, I have to remember to go out of my way and into scouting just to see it. I am enjoying the game but this aspect really annoys me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I downloaded this the other night still havent started it, might wait until the weekend and give it a good go.

I've an old option file from the 2016 version with the proper names of leagues, club badges and stuff, anybody know if I just change the name of where the file is loaded form 2016 to 2018, will it copy over?

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I downloaded this the other night still havent started it, might wait until the weekend and give it a good go.

I've an old option file from the 2016 version with the proper names of leagues, club badges and stuff, anybody know if I just change the name of where the file is loaded form 2016 to 2018, will it copy over?

Not sure about that but you can get all you need off FM Scout

https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm18-real-names-license-fix.html

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I actually find the FM Touch more enjoyable them real one.

I'm probably in minority here. just think it has features in simple format plus I can play it on my ipad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I've been playing 2017. Far too much to do now. The social media screen is a mess too.

Can you still select a 'classic' game with all this stripped out?

threein99 wrote: »
    Not sure about that but you can get all you need off FM Scout

https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm18-real-names-license-fix.html

Ya, I've been using FM Scout for some time now, its a great resource.

I'll have a look anyway later, if I have to download pacthes again, so be it, makes the game better MO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Still waiting to get a cheaper PC version online, how does the Touch one measure up? How much is stripped away

I got online for €33 I think. I cant remember the last time I paid full whack for a FM game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Patww79 wrote: »

Downloaded both demos last night and tried them out. Actually still preferred the full version over TOUCH. there were small things missing and the kayout seemed too simplistic

• Advertisement

Advertisement