Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Donald Trump Expected To Visit Clare Next Month

Options
1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 tempmailtest mail

golfball37 wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks the Irish government would be saving money by going to dromoland hasn’t a clue what their talking about with due respect
    It's not about saving money, its that you can't be seen to be putting money directly into Trumps pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭golfball37

It's not about saving money, its that you can't be seen to be putting money directly into Trumps pocket

Pity they’re not so conscientious when awarding contracts, we’d all be better off.

Danzy wrote: »
    The same forces that affect them, affect us.

The same people protesting Trump are often the ones who have benefited most from globalization and the race to the bottom, whatever their politics are.

True in very many cases - most obviously the "liberal" media which has promoted unrestrained free market liberalism for decades. However, Trump is hugely exacerbating this by embracing and extending the same economic policy of making the rich richer, most blatantly in his enormous tax cuts for the rich. Trump and his "liberal" opponents are two sides of the same rightwing "Let's make the poor poorer" coin.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The government is 100% right to not want to go to Doonbeg.

The optics of the taoiseach travelling to meet Donald Trump at his own property, while they are in Ireland, would be ridiculous.

Donald should be the one coming to meet Leo, not the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Exactly I agree

Trump either wants to meet The Taoiseach or not

Our country our rules

If not - then stay in that kip down in doonbeg and don’t hurry back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

True in very many cases - most obviously the "liberal" media which has promoted unrestrained free market liberalism for decades. However, Trump is hugely exacerbating this by embracing and extending the same economic policy of making the rich richer, most blatantly in his enormous tax cuts for the rich. Trump and his "liberal" opponents are two sides of the same rightwing "Let's make the poor poorer" coin.
    Largely true - there is an element of momentum behind the Bernie Sanders movement, including the likes of that Ocasio-Cortez one that has done well on these issues so far, but anyone claiming Hillary Clinton etc are 'far left' or 'liberal' has basically only managed to out themselves as an extremist, a troll, or an outright idiot.

I do love how an ideology that was so successful under Reagan and Thatcher though that it forced Labour/Democrats/etc to shift to the right and adopt much of it, is now labelled by the same people (many of whom would have been jumping up and down in celebration over said ideology back in the day as they waited for all that money to 'trickle on down' to them), as being 'liberal leftie blah blah blah etc' though. Because that's exactly what Thatcher and Reagan were! :pac:

A lot of the same idiots over in the US are waiting for the same 'trickle down' effect from right now. And when they don't get it... they'll look to blame someone else instead.

awec wrote: »

The optics of the taoiseach travelling to meet Donald Trump at his own property, while they are in Ireland, would be ridiculous.

If Varadkar caves in and goes to Trumps hotel for the meeting I’ll lose what small respect I still have for him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

awec wrote: »

If Varadkar caves in and goes to Trumps hotel for the meeting I’ll lose what small respect I still have for him
    Do you seriously have respect for him ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭golfball37

Exactly I agree

Trump either wants to meet The Taoiseach or not

Our country our rules

If not - then stay in that kip down in doonbeg and don’t hurry back

Doonbeg is far from a kip. You must be from Atlantis or somewhere. Make your point without needlessly insulting a place

golfball37 wrote: »
    Doonbeg is far from a kip. You must be from Atlantis or somewhere. Make your point without needlessly insulting a place

I’m referring to the trump hotel not doonbeg itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I’m referring to the trump hotel not doonbeg itself

It's a very very fine hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

It's a very very fine hotel.

Its the bestest bigly hotel in the world.

Whilst also being small potatoes.

Advertisement