Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Of course there is hatred, the guy is stealing a living off the licence payers. I was that guy once in a great paying job, but after a few months I knew I couldn't cut the mustard, and without embarrassing myself or letting the team down I knew my place to move on. Mr Darcy knows he is bulletproof so he just going through the motions and picking up his check for doing a really **** job.
    He should be put to a night time shift, and give Derek Mooney his proper slot

Was the job similar to his job or totally unrelated? You have good principles to step aside if you didn't think you were doing a good job. D'arcy has no such morales

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Why am I not surprised that farcy puts an egg on a pizza ?

Wait..wait. farcy just said spice bags are delicious !. Who told him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Mother of god

Where do they find these kids

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭aodomhnaill

“The pictures this artist draws are so good they should be framed....um well they are actually framed and sell for quite a lot of money”

Sweet Jesus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Heard the last few minutes of Friday's show. Ray was nearly wetting himself laughing because he realised that a guest in studio had a surname of Smallhorn. Yes, very mature Ray. How old are you - 12?? FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

Listened to some of earlier part of Friday's show. Dr Eva Orsmond was the guest. Not a huge fan of hers but she had a reasonably interesting life story to tell by comparison to most. She was talking about finding out, as an adult, that she had an older half-sister in Sweden, where her father had lived before moving to Finland.

She was describing how her half-sister tracked the family down using the father's surname and a website. Immediately Ray interrupted to Tell her i.e. mansplain how the sister would have traced them, all about Ancestry websites and DNA checking and if they find a match so on. Unbelievably rude and presumptous, telling a guest he knew more about their life story than they did themselves. Turns out it had nothing to so with DNA testing at all and Eva wasn't long setting him right.

What a clown he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Given up listening to his drivel.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah

Eco-anxiety? Don't let them read the Second Sleep!

Obviously, kids in the UK didn't have any eco-anxiety during the blitz. You could come up from the underground and the street had vaporised. My mum was terrified of an air raid siren till the day she passed away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

400K to tell you the name changes of candy bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"We know how you all love confectionery nostalgia"

ffs He couldn't even play Drive by The Cars. Is there nothing he can do right!!

sligojoek wrote: »
    "We know how you all love confectionery nostalgia"

Wasn't it Marianne Faithful who said that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Radio5 wrote: »
    Listened to some of earlier part of Friday's show. Dr Eva Orsmond was the guest. Not a huge fan of hers but she had a reasonably interesting life story to tell by comparison to most. She was talking about finding out, as an adult, that she had an older half-sister in Sweden, where her father had lived before moving to Finland.

She was describing how her half-sister tracked the family down using the father's surname and a website. Immediately Ray interrupted to Tell her i.e. mansplain how the sister would have traced them, all about Ancestry websites and DNA checking and if they find a match so on. Unbelievably rude and presumptous, telling a guest he knew more about their life story than they did themselves. Turns out it had nothing to so with DNA testing at all and Eva wasn't long setting him right.

What a clown he is.

Since he moved to RTE he has really become pompous. One of the things I liked about him on the Den and the early years on today fm is he seemed fairly down to earth but he has changed enormously. Due to Jenny and money or a combination of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭mountain

Wasn't it Marianne Faithful who said that??

Mars bars....?

mountain wrote: »
    Mars bars....?

I've never been able to look at them since without that thought popping into my mind.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Why am I not surprised that farcy puts an egg on a pizza ?

I wonder is there a porridge pizza option in the Ray's house.

Could you not at least wake the guest up first before you put them to sleep, Ray?

Could you not at least wake the guest up first before you put them to sleep, Ray?

This is truly dreadful radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭LennieB

I find it really hard to listen to Ray anymore, he’s getting worse - and those annoying habits he has of repeating lines and emphasizing certain words eg when introducing someone like Conor POPE (nearly shouting his surname). Just makes him sound so unprofessional and forced - same on his tv show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭applehunter

Nobody voted for you, Ben. Just tell a joke or get the f**k out of the studio.

Ben Elton is Jewish. :D:D:D:D:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I mean of course he is. An atheist Jew, aren't they all.

Must say i got a chuckle out of that interview,

Ray imagines homosexual priests abusing kids when he hears the Angela's.....but that's A-OK to pronounce on national radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

LennieB wrote: »
    I find it really hard to listen to Ray anymore, he’s getting worse - and those annoying habits he has of repeating lines and emphasizing certain words eg when introducing someone like Conor POPE (nearly shouting his surname). Just makes him sound so unprofessional and forced - same on his tv show.

Be careful there Leonard, I criticised his introduction of a Westlife dude a while back, nearly going berserk over some non entity over the hill individual,and some geezer tried to fillet me for saying more or less what you are saying.

Just a heads up pal........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

kathryn thomas as a guest on the show today at the ploughing...SHOUTING SHOUTING HIMSELF MYSELF as usual !!

GO AWAY WOMAN !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

From the ploughing we have KT plugging Op Trans and DG plugging Bannons show. This morning Tubbs had Karl Henry plugging Op Trans as well. I turned over before I go to find out what Marty Morrissey was plugging.

From what I can see, they're sending all their talent down at great expense to plug upcoming shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Never knew Kathryn got married and had a child

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Never knew Kathryn got married and had a child

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭jelutong

She kept that very quiet.

sligojoek wrote: »
    From the ploughing we have KT plugging Op Trans and DG plugging Bannons show. This morning Tubbs had Karl Henry plugging Op Trans as well. I turned over before I go to find out what Marty Morrissey was plugging.

From what I can see, they're sending all their talent down at great expense to plug upcoming shows.

Ah jeysis SJ, you almost had me,you lost me at "what Marty Morrissey was plugging," :)
    I threw up a little bit..

• Advertisement

jelutong wrote: »
    She kept that very quiet.

The 4th glorious mystery ;)

Advertisement