Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I see someone has "Myhomes.ie mentioned ...that b****x with the nasal supersidious Cork accent.... Aaaaargh

The one that gets me now is for "Chrysler Voyager"

Some dork with a fake American accent calling it "Cry sler Voyager "and putting "dee cell" into the tank..... FFS!!!!! who calls it "dee cell" over here ya bunch of rees????? :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I think its the Chevy ad that says "From stateside to our side".

1. No-one says Stateside
    2. No one says "Our side"

lazy.

Also, anything with Niamh "wonder if that applies to the help" from fair city, or Claudia Carroll (Nicola)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I see someone has "Myhomes.ie mentioned ...that b****x with the nasal supersidious Cork accent.... Aaaaargh

The one that gets me now is for "Chrysler Voyager"

Some dork with a fake American accent calling it "Cry sler Voyager "and putting "dee cell" into the tank..... FFS!!!!! who calls it "dee cell" over here ya bunch of rees????? :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek:

Don Wycherly (sp?)? Is that the one - wake up and smell the foccaccia?

his voice actually makes me feel sick. seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

there used to be an ad for transition year student radio program on 2fm..TY Radio and yer one used to keep shouting TY Radio during the advert.
    Used ta do my nut in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

caimin wrote:

I hear ya, his voice is weird.

This week, whats annoying me is the advert for the Mespil. These two cows talking in a "Cork" sing-song accent. Its blatantly two middle class girls, trying to affect the Cork accent and failing. But the general gist of the ad, is pure ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

caimin wrote:

Amen yes to that, a voice make me want to heave with " his rolled up newspaper and leaky goggles". Bloody annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

But the worst of all are always the scolding ads.

The ones about people being deeply humiliated because they didn't get a TV licence - so annoying that I've genuinely thought of cancelling the *direct debit* that pays my licence out of sheer fury.

The ones that tell you that if you don't wear a seatbelt or walk on the road or drink and drive you're going to die horribly or live with guilt for the rest of your life - the people who think up all of these ads clearly hate us all.

Then there are the cheeky chirpy Cockney chappies and chapiesses, who drive me to distraction with rage - *especially* when you have an Irish voice doing the mother, then a Cockney voice doing the child. I know all the Irish ad agencies have sold out to English ones, but wouldn't someone start a new Irish agency? Please?

I used to actually like ads, both on TV and on the radio. Now I either reach for the remote and switch, or else just switch off mentally, unless I hate the ad enough that I sing loudly "I'll never buy [name of product]" all the time the ad is going on. Seems to work, too - I've found myself about to pick up a product I'd normally use, and then putting it down remembering the annoying ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

That new tele Bingo ad where they go 'Tele Bingo, bum, bum, bum' etc.

God that annoys me. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

That fu*king Barrys tea ad that is on at xmas. Turn the moment golden!!
    Golden fu*kin shower more like it.

Jesus H Christ it makes me spit blood in a blind, all consuming, commit bloody murder, rage. I would like to take that train set and insert it side ways up that fu*kers hole followed quickly by the christmas tree and the kids head. Then i would make a cup of barrys tea (boiling scalding lava hot) and pour the lot of it down on top of his condescending, wise, smug twat head.

Thanks god it's only on at xmas, cos otherwise i would have taken out the shotgun and gone on a very messy, bloody rampage down shop street here in Galway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

East Coast used to have a load of ads for Gammell Financal Services and they had a really boring drony voice on them they were awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

"I can give you a thousand zloty note".

F**k off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

Johnston, Mooney and O'brien. They must die....
    I prefer my bakers to bake, not do amateur musicals ya know what i'm saying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I know it's an old thread, but anyway........

I hate the ad for one of those broadband companys were some guy doesn't have lines to read for the ad, and he's trying to make small talk. It's just goddamn irritating.

Anyone hear the drink driving ads on Today FM late at night, the ones where some guy at the end says "Don't be a fcuking eejit, don't drink and drive'? Came as a bit of a surprise to hear profanity on ads. Only in Ireland I guess....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I've a worse one.. anyone ever heard of Flintshire Motors?

http://media.putfile.com/Flintshire

I've a worse one.. anyone ever heard of Flintshire Motors?

http://media.putfile.com/Flintshire

That man on that ad should have a Vauxhall run across him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Latest one that makes me change over straight away....

Mastercard: husband and wife needing to build an extension, so she can hang up as many pictures of their newborn. When the husband complains, the wife barks up "she's your daughter, Paul!" That shrill comment goes right through you. Punchline then is "you can see her first tooth"

Inane and stupid. Worst ad on radio at mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Lunar Junkie

The one currently on Newstalk every 20 mins or so that features two guys with caricature bogger accents shouting at each other about 'CARS!' and 'VANS!' is pretty awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

"Hi, this is Geraldine here from Discount Electrical...."

No! KILL! MUST RUN OVER INNOCENT PEDESTRIAN! PRETEND SHE IS GERDALINE!

...etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Indeed. Whenever I go up Gardiner St., I have the sudden urge to vere into the kerb.... Mountjoy Square makes it sound posh... um no...

DMC wrote:
    Indeed. Whenever I go up Gardiner St., I have the sudden urge to vere into the kerb.... Mountjoy Square makes it sound posh... um no...
    True, I don't know how Geraldine manages to spare the time to make those ads when she's so busy stopping crackheads from walking in and out with those the oh-so-small Bose Acustimass systems from their Mountjoy Sq. shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

OK...I have THE worst one...has nybody heard the ad for Fitzpatricks furniture (Navan)...they have the freakiest jingle with some pervo singing their name in the background then the owner comes on and trys to entice punters by saying "we'll have the kettle on and some lollies for the kids"....Thats just wrong....focking weirdos! Ad shud be up in front of the broadcasting complaints commission for indecency;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

silas wrote:
    The GE Money add for the loan is actually pretty OK, so are the Harvey Norman adds as long as Bruce does them (the aussie guy).

Actually, his name is Gary. He's a loud, boisterous, cigar smoking man, and he does all the ads for Harvey Norman both here and in Australia. (Well - almost all of them ... a few of the Irish staff have done a few Irish ads). As far as I know he's actually Irish but has lived most of his life in Australia. Met him once at a work do. Sound man. :)

And yeah, the Harvey Norman ads are far from the worst of them. That Flintshire Motors one definitely made me cringe...!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Some new loathsome ads recently:

1. Abrakebabra - "Do it"
    2. I think its a tile shop ad (it starts with a jingle "I'm gonna paint this town") followed by Terry Wogan (or a soundalike). Terrible stuff...

I like the Irish Life (I think) investment ads. Theres one where a guy is appearing at various events, another where he gets a heavy breathing phonecall from a female 'fan'. Funny ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Any radio advertisement where they seem to think that we have all gone stone deaf........

TmB wrote:
    I like the Irish Life (I think) investment ads. Theres one where a guy is appearing at various events, another where he gets a heavy breathing phonecall from a female 'fan'. Funny ads.

You put your finger on it..."I think".

They're so up their own posterier with those ads that they forget to establish any brand. I hear those ads every day and just associate them with some investment product or company, not knowing who they are for.

Remember the famous Ardman 'Creature Comforts' ads? Most people incorrectly thought they were for natural gas.

To me, the most successful (and annoying) ads are the Harvey Norman ones. Why? Because they scream the name at you in a way you'll never forget, as much as you try.

As someone above said, I also hate the Abrakebabra "Do It" ad. That wanker deserves a good kick up the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

TmB wrote:
    Some new loathsome ads recently:

1. Abrakebabra - "Do it"
    2. I think its a tile shop ad (it starts with a jingle "I'm gonna paint this town") followed by Terry Wogan (or a soundalike). Terrible stuff...

Bingo...was just about to mention your number 2 there "Im going to paint this town...paint this town" ASK ME BOLL1X....what a shoite ad !! I wudnt mind if it was for a decent product but its some poxy paint company. Christ are you lot deaf in that place? Obviously never heard of a sound test.GIMPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

there's an ad on east coast that seems to run quite frequently for Ronald Gammel (not sure of spelling)

but basically it's a really bad ad, with a deary voice but the way the voice says to call a certain number really makes the ad stick in your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭KeithMur

Do any of ye remember the ad for mobile games or something.

It had "the hang-around" guy in it. Funny as hell. The guys in the group would be "hey hang-around what time is it" and he'd reply "eh.. it's hammer time"

Used to be on probably two years ago, still funny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 murphy54

best is radio vocea evangheliei and worst is ciao fm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement