Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the morning after...pill.

Options
  • 16-01-2012 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi Ladies,

I hope this is the right place for my questions!!

I'm just needing some advice, i'm on the injection contraceptive (depo-provera)
    and my 12 weeks was up in the middle of the christmas so I couldnt make an appointment, i had sex using a condom but of course, it broke so I took the morning after pill about 48 hours later and made the appointment for the injection again, i've been advised that I can't get my next injection until my next period but I thought you would usually get one after taking the morning after pill but still a week later theres no sign of anything....

I'm just wondering what are your experiences if any with the morning after pill and what i should be expecting?? I 've been advised to do a pregnancy test in a week just to see if it didnt work...

Thanks,

Sashiee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

OP I suggest you speak to your doctor about it, people aren't allowed to give medical advice on boards. If you can't get in contact with your doctor, drop into a pharmacist and ask for their advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sashiee

tinkerbell wrote: »
    OP I suggest you speak to your doctor about it, people aren't allowed to give medical advice on boards. If you can't get in contact with your doctor, drop into a pharmacist and ask for their advice.

Thanks Tinkerbell,
    Yeah i'm going to go see the doctor at the end of the week when i'm not working,
    So no advice then does anyone care to share their experiences???

Did you get a period while you were on depro provera? Took me two years to get any sort of a period after coming off the injection so could be waiting a while OP

How long was it between being due the injection and taking the map?

Did you get a period while you were on depro provera? Took me two years to get any sort of a period after coming off the injection so could be waiting a while OP

How long was it between being due the injection and taking the map?

nope not a thing! it's great!!
    well off the injection since the 29th and needed the map the 7th so i guess i'll just wait it out...

abstinance all the way! :pac:

Well honestly I sincerely doubt you're pregnant, even if you hadn't taken the map. That depro provera takes so so sooooo long to get out of your system. My doc gave me mine in the past when I was a couple of weeks over because he reckoned there was no way I was pregnant, however you need to be 100% sure so I would go back to your doc with a urine sample and let him do a test and give you the injection all at the same time.

• Advertisement

Well honestly I sincerely doubt you're pregnant, even if you hadn't taken the map. That depro provera takes so so sooooo long to get out of your system. My doc gave me mine in the past when I was a couple of weeks over because he reckoned there was no way I was pregnant, however you need to be 100% sure so I would go back to your doc with a urine sample and let him do a test and give you the injection all at the same time.

Oh Really?? well here's hoping! although it wouldnt be a disaster, were just not ready yet!
    I'm just so annoyed, my doctor said it to me at the start of december to go in before christmas as it wouldnt matter if the last week or so overlapped..i wouldnt be in this rotten stress mess!!
    Cheers for your advice..i'll go to the doc and all will be sorted

Thank you xxxx

Nay bother.

Considering I'm off it three and a half years and can't get preggers you'll probably be ok :D

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

When i took the MAP it took 2 weeks for anything to happen after taking it.
    Just dont stress.

Advertisement