Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it possible to change your mind?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

tatabubbly wrote: »
    I want loads! I've always known though, always thought oooh what would it be like? what would they look like, yada yada!

I'm only 23 but I sooooooooo want them. And I would be delighted in a few years if I could concieve naturally.. Thats my main worry!

I always used to worry about this too, for various reasons.
    But now you'll find me in the pregnancyt forum... 15 weeks today!
    So, don't worry about it :)

I really didn't want kids as a teen, or through my early/mid twenties... I thought babies and children were strange little alien creatures, and imagined that I would be an ok auntie, but a crap Mum, and would grow up to be a crazy old cat lady that terrified the neighbourhood kids.

Then I met my hubby. And suddenly, the thought of kids wasn't as horrible as it had been. And although getting pregnant was a slight surprise, I am really excited about it, and can't wait to have my own.

Life has a way of changing your mind...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

My husband and I are both exhausted as our daughter decided that she wanted to stay awake all night (after being awake all day as well), our son is fixated on trains and gets upset if you take them from him. We also can not get away when we want as it is not easy travelling with our babies and we have no disposable income. But we would not want to be without them - there was a huge hole in our lives before they arrived - we love them. I do fully understand not wanting children as well though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭lucycat

I think that this is a really interesting topic and it is so nice to be able to have a decent discussion without it descending into slanging matches. Really like this forum!

I personally do not want children and I've know it for a long time. I am very happily married to my best bud and we have a gang of furbabies (2cats, 2dogs and a rabbit) which occupy all of our spare time. Himself feels the same about kids as I do, which is great as there won't be any arguments or discussions about having them in the future (or so I hope!)

I'm not 100% sure if people who are either very much anti or pro kids (and I don't mean anti-kids in a bad way) ever really change their minds, I think its more the women who are unsure who tend to have moments or even years where they think, yep its for me and then suddenly swing to the opposite end of the spectrum.

I definitely do not feel as if I am missing out on anything by not having kids, I really, genuinely feel as though my husband and my animals are enough for me.

We both have really demandng jobs too and are very career-oriented so I can't imagine either of us wanting to take a back seat on the corporate ladder just to have kids. So yeah, I think that if you are certain you either do or you don't then you won't change your mind, but if you never thought about it seriously then you can change your mind as your life takes it course...

There are many things in life you have a choice about accepting or denying.

But you can't deny your DNA.

Advertisement