Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TLL New Year Dinner and Drinks - 21/01/2012 Dublin

• 06-01-2012 4:53pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

In the private forum we ran a poll to decide on a date for this and came out with January 21st. There's about 10 or so people looking to go on that day so hopefully if even half of them and a few more from the main forum turn up we might get some good numbers.

Plan is to book a dinner for those who want dinner and then head for some cocktails/beer/whatever so those who can't make or don't want dinner might meet up for drinks or vice versa.

Lots of new years resolutions in here about getting out more and making new friends so this is a good opportunity for people to do this. :)

Anyway, I'm going to book a table closer to the time for dinner when we've decided on a venue. Suggestions for dinner so far have been Cafe Topolis (my preference - PIZZA :D ), The Bakehouse or to go for Tapas. Other suggestions + suggestions for drinks venue are most welcome.

If you're interested in meeting for the dinner can you list your name below or in the private forum thread if you prefer, that'll make it easier for me to send out pm's and make sure I have enough seats booked for dinner etc

Boys/lurkers also welcome. :)

Food list:
    RQ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Food list:
    RQ
    RK

OM NOM NOM NOM TAPAS :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Food list:
    RQ
    RK
    MissF

I suggested the bakehouse but come to think of it it is the kind of food you go to bed after (bread & cakes & pies and stuff) rather than go out for cocktails after. Either pizza or tapas sound very good to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

What's the private forum? :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭countryliving

i have just zoned in on this - i am a 38 year old lady and yep i am moving back to dublin so i wouldl like to meet a few new friends in dublin. most of my friends have left dublin - thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭funloving

I will be there, wherever "there" is ;)
    Count me in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭niamhx

I'd love to join in. Having a small op on my leg on the 20th, wouldn't be able to confirm until I've have the op and see how I recover.

Niamhx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

Oooooooh sounds fun! How tempting!

Have to wait til I find out the work roster.. Hope i'm off! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Shall we say Topolis this time then?

And any recommendations for a drinks venue? Anyone just interested in joining for post dinner drinks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Aw man I coulda actually gone this time! No work or college.

But I'll be in London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Topolis sounds smashing. I'll have to head after dinner because have a full days cramming planned for the day after so no fancy drinks for me. Just pizzas. Lots and lots of pizzas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Oh this sounds like a lot of fun I'm a bit of lurker here and it would be nice to see you all person. As far as me and food goes ...anything goes. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Yep, Id defo be up for coming to this,having been to a boards meet in about two years!Far too long ago!

I think I've pm'd everyone who said they were interested. If I missed you drop me a pm and I'll put you on my list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I have to pull out :( It's my friends 25th the following weekend and she has decided to have a party after all! Can't afford both boo :( I will eventually make it to a LL meet!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Any time decided for the dinner yet?

Posy wrote: »
    Any time decided for the dinner yet?

I was going to ask for suggestions on that. It's a Saturday so any time suits me really.

it's all good with me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

bluewolf wrote: »
    it's all good with me

Likewise. :)

That's not a time suggestion girls. :p

7pm? Depending on how many courses people have and how much wine is drank we'd probably be leaving there at 9ish then and onto somewhere else for cocktails or whatever.

I can probably only go on for one drink now but food means more to me than drink anyway! :pac:

Where are we going for the dins,and what pub are we meeting people in afterwards?

• Advertisement

Have booked a table and think I have pmed everyone who still seemed to be interested. Sorry if I've missed you, can let me know if I have missed you so I can sort the numbers for dinner again.

No location picked yet for post-dinner drinks, but, there doesn't seem to be much interest in non-dinner attendees going for drinks? If there is anyone interested in just drinks can they let me know so we can let you know where we're headed.

Also, I think most people on the list haven't met any boardsies before so don't let it put you off that you don't know anyone. I'm sure everyone else is as lovely as myself, RK and bluewolf. :D

Ah balls, I've just asked my niece if she'd like to stay over on Saturday, I never saw this thread :(

Haven't been to a tll meet up in ages :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Forever Hopeful

Hi - just came across this...Would have loved to have signed up. Definitely would be interested in the next event... Have fun!

Hi - just came across this...Would have loved to have signed up. Definitely would be interested in the next event... Have fun!

Sure you can still join us on Saturday if you like? No time limit I'm sure I can change the booking. PM me if you're interested and I'll send on what the plan is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Hi all, thought I couldn't go to this but it turns out that I can :) Can you PM me the plan RQ?

Coolies. I'll pm you when I get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Hope you have a lovely night girls! Hopefully I'll be able to go to one soon :)

Had reaaly cool night!was so nice to meet so many interesting ladies :) Maybe we might go a bit easy on the food the next time!Tapas FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ah can't believe i missed it. hope ye had a great night girls.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement