Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee 2018 campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Catepillar1994

you know when you login in to the site do you change the email address to your own or leave it as.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mac1ntosh

If anybody needs any last minute practice without buying any material, the test is prepared by the company SHL. If you look up on google free SHL verbal reasoning tests, you'll pick up a few online. They prepared me well!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

you know when you login in to the site do you change the email address to your own or leave it as.

Erm what??? You have to enter the username and password provided by publicjobs.ie in the last message they sent you containing the url link.

job seeker wrote: »
    Erm what??? You have to enter the username and password provided by publicjobs.ie in the last message they sent you containing the url link.

I have done that and it brought me to a page to confirm my details and there is a random email that i presume was entered to make the account? but i dont know do i change it to my own

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭P0dr1ck

job seeker wrote: »

I have done that and it brought me to a page to confirm my details and there is a random email that i presume was entered to make the account? but i dont know do i change it to my own
    I would leave it as it is, if they were going to contact you, they should do it through the publicjobs site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mac1ntosh

I left it as it was, didnt change it to my own :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 P1nkr0ses

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lealor17

Hi, just wanted to confirm, is tomorrow at 12 noon the closing date for the aptitude tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

lealor17 wrote: »
    Hi, just wanted to confirm, is tomorrow at 12 noon the closing date for the aptitude tests?

It is indeed, I'm doing mind today.

vardy98 wrote: »
    It is indeed, I'm doing mind today.

Deadly, thank you and good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Just did it. Despite doing practice courses, I found both to be very difficult. I certainly wouldn't fancy going to Dublin to sit that again.

Best of luck to those who still have yet to do it.

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Just did it. Despite doing practice courses, I found both to be very difficult. I certainly wouldn't fancy going to Dublin to sit that again.

Best of luck to those who still have yet to do it.

Holy god that was not enjoyable. did a course as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 NW_EIRE

just completed the tests and the logical reasoning was on a different level to anything I've practiced, ran out of time on both tests but got to the final question each time. The logical reasoning really messes your head up, i spent too long on one question which made me run out at the end but still very hard. All I can say is, best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

I just completed the aptitude tests their now. The non verbal was not too bad a few tough ones in their, the verbal I found it o.k, I got them all done bar one, ran out of time. I just hope I done enough to qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

Left mine to do until today as well as I've been sick for the past week. Not ideal preparation but I felt I did okay.
    Found the verbal reasoning tough as always, got them all done but I'd be shocked if I got them all right.
    I fecked up the logical reasoning a bit. Had it practiced that as soon as I spot the pattern I click the answer and go on to the next one, however I got a bit complacent and started double checking the lot of them. Came to the third last one and took me too long to figure out that I didn't get time to do the last one.
    Can only hope I did well - I put it in a lot of practise.

Anyway best of luck to lot of ye who have it completed, hopefully of a right few of us will be called to interview by October.

when will know how we did?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭arainagusime

when will know how we did?

July 16

I just finished the assessments. Found the verbal easy but that has always been a strength of mine on tests like these. The logical reasoning is where I expected problems and sure enough I straight up guessed on 3 of them because I was running out of time. I can only hope I passed. Not expecting a top OOM at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

Just completed it there, I've done a previous campaign that was far easier. This time not what I was hoping for at all.
    However fingers crossed for those out there who put the work into it.
    See you on the other side if you're lucky enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭5i6blrtngojxwf

And 12:00 has passed, it's all over for Stage 1! Tricky test in places but definitely glad to be finished. Good luck in the stages everyone, the 16th isn't that far! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Doncregan

Hey folks thanks for all the great info on this thread.

I like a lot of ye just did my last stage 1 assessments. I seen in previous posts that they did not change the email on the opening page of the exam.

I did does that mean my results will be lost? I didn’t receive an email back after completion so wondering if that will have an effect on where my results will go?

Thanks for any advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 P1nkr0ses

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 thos23

Doncregan wrote: »
    Hey folks thanks for all the great info on this thread.

I like a lot of ye just did my last stage 1 assessments. I seen in previous posts that they did not change the email on the opening page of the exam.

I did does that mean my results will be lost? I didn’t receive an email back after completion so wondering if that will have an effect on where my results will go?

Thanks for any advice

No you will be fine. I changed mine as well and emailed to make sure wasn’t lost. They said it went in fine.

How did you find tests?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Phillip k

Hi does anyone have an idea on how many they will be recruiting? Will it be for the next few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SentaPoet

Hi. Just wondering, if you do badly in the logical reasoning test does that mean that you don’t make the next stage? Found it very tough going after practising quite a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

SentaPoet wrote: »
    Hi. Just wondering, if you do badly in the logical reasoning test does that mean that you don’t make the next stage? Found it very tough going after practising quite a bit.

Try not to worry. A lot of people found it tough. People with degrees, masters, across the board. People will drop off for various reasons(outside test scores). There is another day out under supervised conditions to do the test again. You may do better then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

SentaPoet wrote: »

Hi, hard to know. I found the verbal reasoning very tough but the logical not too bad. So it'll be interesting how the scores add up. But as the previous poster said, nothing we can do now so try not to worry.

Hi, I was just wondering has anyone been in contact with PAS regarding the changing of the email at the start of the exams? I didnt change mine when I did the tests and am unsure if i need to log back in and do so now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭-aurora

Quick question, upon completion of training if you have a degree do you go straight to increment 3 or is there a waiting period. Also what is the pay at increment 3. I was confused by the wording and wasn't sure if you "jumped" 3 increments or just went onto increment 3.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

-aurora wrote: »
    Quick question, upon completion of training if you have a degree do you go straight to increment 3 or is there a waiting period. Also what is the pay at increment 3. I was confused by the wording and wasn't sure if you "jumped" 3 increments or just went onto increment 3.
    Thanks

F Code 13.10)(ii) Three additional increments in respect of a Diploma or Degree from a third-level educational institution. The Degree/Diploma must be full time, of two/four year duration, and be awarded by a third level institution recognised by the H.E.T.A.C., or recognised Irish statutory authority

On successful completion of two years service, members may apply through the channels for these increments to Assistant Comissioner Human Resource Management.

On Attestation you get 28k. Then you are a probationer for 2 years. At Year 2 you get 33k. The day you hit 2 years of service you apply for increments. You jump three yeara to year 5 pay which is currently 40k.

The increment jump follows you for life so at 10 years of service you will be getting paid the same as someone without a degree who has 13 years of service.

Phillip k wrote: »
    Hi does anyone have an idea on how many they will be recruiting? Will it be for the next few years?

It has been said this is an accelerated recruitment drive.
    They are having a recruitment drive next year too and they take 800 each campaign (out of 5000-6000). A campaign every year is faster than what it was a few years ago. I don't think odds of acceptance are too bad now. I wouldn't be surprised if 500 people don't even show up for the assessments. People can be flaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Flashpoint

Anyone getting nervous about the results

• Registered Users Posts: 23 thos23

Flashpoint wrote: »
    Anyone getting nervous about the results

Yep and its still a full week away :/ such a long process from start to finish, if even get past this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Flashpoint

thos23 wrote: »
    Yep and its still a full week away :/ such a long process from start to finish, if even get past this stage!

Its driving me mad at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭-aurora

F Code 13.10)(ii) Three additional increments in respect of a Diploma or Degree from a third-level educational institution. The Degree/Diploma must be full time, of two/four year duration, and be awarded by a third level institution recognised by the H.E.T.A.C., or recognised Irish statutory authority

On successful completion of two years service, members may apply through the channels for these increments to Assistant Comissioner Human Resource Management.

On Attestation you get 28k. Then you are a probationer for 2 years. At Year 2 you get 33k. The day you hit 2 years of service you apply for increments. You jump three yeara to year 5 pay which is currently 40k.

The increment jump follows you for life so at 10 years of service you will be getting paid the same as someone without a degree who has 13 years of service.

Great thanks for clearing that up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 jojomama

Oh the weekend will feel long.... shall have to find lots to do to keep mind off it and that might make it go a bit quicker! I suppose there will be lots of anxious waits if it works out so should get used to it if all goes well, but I can never really tell with these tests how it went. I had 8 mins left for logical and 4 mins left with verbal and I think I may have gone too fast with them but I made a point of not looking at the time and just working as quickly as I could because in the past with tests like these I've always gone way too slow and miss questions at the end. I'm some weirdo though everytime I see a Garda car or station I get excited now thinking that could be me :D will get some land if I don't pass now :L :rolleyes: Good Luck everybody, say those prayers and get granny or mammy to light a candle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 pedrigo

Just before results are realeased I've 2 questions

1. What is considered a good OOM? As in with 800 places would anything sub 800 be considered good or eould you need to be scoring much higher to progress quickly through the process?

2. With regard to gaining a level 8 degree and the increments that go with it, does it need to be 2.2 or will 3rd or pass do?

Thanks and best of luck to everyone on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭edwood

I did the tests more or less straight away when they went live. Practiced first of course. I found the verbal reasoning maybe 50/50. Inductive not as good. Hope I am not out of the race, I have a First Class Honours Degree H1 as of last month, be a shame to fall out of the race over the inductive side of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

pedrigo wrote: »
    Just before results are realeased I've 2 questions

1. What is considered a good OOM? As in with 800 places would anything sub 800 be considered good or eould you need to be scoring much higher to progress quickly through the process?

2. With regard to gaining a level 8 degree and the increments that go with it, does it need to be 2.2 or will 3rd or pass do?

Thanks and best of luck to everyone on Monday.

Higher your oom the quicker you are called for tests interviews etc

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Best of luck to everyone, I’m following this as my daughter has applied again. She was in sept 2016 campaign and had everything done but unfortunately failed the fitness so right back to the start again, it’s a long process and I hope I don’t get grey hairs from the stress !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

Anyone know what time-ish we can expect the results tomorrow?

Anyone know what time-ish we can expect the results tomorrow?

Just judging by the other exams I've done with public jobs, it's usually in the afternoon.

Getting late now!! Anyone have any idea what time results will be realeased?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Getting late now!! Anyone have any idea what time results will be realeased?

In the email it says we will get the results w/c Monday the 16th of July.. so doesn’t necessarily mean today unfortunately :(

User2206 wrote: »
    In the email it says we will get the results w/c Monday the 16th of July.. so doesn’t necessarily mean today unfortunately :(

Wait.... I never got an email.

Am I screwed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭5i6blrtngojxwf

Am I screwed

That email was weeks ago.. doesnt mean im not checking my phone every 5 minutes though 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Am I screwed

No I mean the message we got with the aptitude tests afew weeks ago on public jobs! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭aj89

Am I screwed

No, it was in the Pre Test Information booklet that was sent along with the Questionnaire link.

I misread it myself and missed the w/c part, so I have been glued to my phone today expecting the results.

What does the w/c stand for?

What does the w/c stand for?

Week commencing

• Advertisement
Advertisement