Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Irish Gigs (Rumours & Confirmed Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭danmanw8

Imagine Dragons are playing on Feb 28th

• Registered Users Posts: 37,772 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

eldest200 wrote: »

Id say Foo's will do outdoor shows and then maybe return in the Winter of 2018 for indoor shows

they might play the Euro festival circuit and do a few standalone shows too maybe Summer 2018

hope its a stadium gig (but would they sell a stadium here) and not a field gig like Slane, Marlay Park, Phoenix Park etc. be cool if they played PUC in Cork and the Aviva Stadium

might go and see them in a stadium aborad if the irish date is Slane or the Phoenix Park

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    eldest200 wrote: »

Id say Foo's will do outdoor shows and then maybe return in the Winter of 2018 for indoor shows

they might play the Euro festival circuit and do a few standalone shows too maybe Summer 2018

hope its a stadium gig (but would they sell a stadium here) and not a field gig like Slane, Marlay Park, Phoenix Park etc. be cool if they played PUC in Cork and the Aviva Stadium

might go and see them in a stadium aborad if the irish date is Slane or the Phoenix Park

Can't see them doing Slane again if they do a show. Aviva would be perfect for them. Cork would be very handy for me.

Mushy wrote: »

Can't see them doing Slane again if they do a show. Aviva would be perfect for them. Cork would be very handy for me.

they announced South American dates today for next March i think so Europe may be on for the summer

A solid support line up will sell out the aviva in no time (QOTSA and Weezer)

they announced South American dates today for next March i think so Europe may be on for the summer

A solid support line up will sell out the aviva in no time (QOTSA and Weezer)

Didn't know about the S.A. dates. Fully agree on that line-up, it'd work well and I'd be right down the front for that. Appears that stadiums are used in S.A. if I'm reading it correctly. Would fit in as they may want to do own shows after the European fests this year.

• Advertisement

Really hope something interests me for 2018 before Xmas have no shows for 2018 so far but it's still early

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Beach House are overdue an Irish date. I've yet to catch them live and really hooked on their stuff the last few months.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Queens confirmed for InMusic festival in croatia at the end of June

Queens confirmed for InMusic festival in croatia at the end of July

So cheap, seems to be end of June!

Ah you are right Mush

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hoping that means they'll be at primavera too

Ah you are right Mush

Much of a muchness but good to see more dates added.
    maximoose wrote: »
    Hoping that means they'll be at primavera too

Thinking this will happen, wouldn't say no to trying this fest out.

I wonder will QOTSA be all over Europe for the whole summer? Since after doing the surprise sets at Reading/Leeds prob means they will headline next year

I wonder will QOTSA be all over Europe for the whole summer? Since after doing the surprise sets at Reading/Leeds prob means they will headline next year

Live Nation person said they're doing own outdoor shows in UK. Wouldn't be surprised if did the odd festival in 2019, Reading Leeds included.

So could we get a Malahide and Beflast show (similiar to Arcade Fire/1975 gigs this year)

So could we get a Malahide and Beflast show (similiar to Arcade Fire/1975 gigs this year)

Pretty much my thinking. Unless they support somebody here. Don't know if the demand for an outdoor show would exist for them after an arena tour.

Pretty much my thinking. Unless they support somebody here. Don't know if the demand for an outdoor show would exist for them after an arena tour.

Unless they do a support slot in Dublin but a headline show Belfast(since there was no Belfast date on this tour). Or they could do Kilmainham

Unless they do a support slot in Dublin but a headline show Belfast(since there was no Belfast date on this tour). Or they could do Kilmainham

A return to Belsonic possibly. Hadn't thought of Kilmainham, could suit perfectly. If Foos did Aviva it'd be perfect for them to support.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

There was a Odyssey show for ...Like Clockwork same time as Dublin last time out before returning to Belfast on same tour the year after, Couldn't make arenas but did make Belsonic was ace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

I’ve no issue with it. Carry on

• Advertisement

21765152_1672014959496087_4952003447193682475_n.jpg?oh=cce1eda9ca31f1aabfdb099bd8745849&oe=5A3D4C63

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Belle and Sebastian - Vicar Street 26th/27th March, tickets onsale this Friday, 10am

DKkmUYjX0AYWz7h.jpg

Been a while since Bon Jovi played here, hopefully we will see them in 2018

With Richie gone I'd say the 3arena or at a push RDS/Aviva might be options

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Father John Misty for Vicar St 28/05/18 - €36.50 on sale on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Noel Gallagher - 3Arena - 10th May

• Registered Users Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Stereophonics in the 3Arena on 16th March 2018 (and in Belfast on the 15th).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Kendrick Lamar playing the UK in February according to an O2 Priority email, wonder if we'll get a 3Arena appearance?

Manchester Arena (9 February), Glasgow’s Hydro SSE Arena (11 February), London’s The O2 (12-13 February) and Birmingham’s Genting Arena (14 February).

not Irish related but it shows that Pearl Jam will be touring in 2018, hopefully Europe summer 2018

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZi5233HV7l/?taken-by=pearljam

Was just going to post about Pearl Jam, hoping there'll be a full tour. Any festival with them and qotsa is likely to receive my euros.

Regarding the thread being stickied, I know it means on the responsive site it gets hidden in a drop-down menu so it's a bit annoying. But now I know it's stickied it isn't anythi g major.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭urbangoo

Been a while since Bon Jovi played here, hopefully we will see them in 2018

With Richie gone I'd say the 3arena or at a push RDS/Aviva might be options

Jon Bon Jovi said in a recent interview that the intention is to play Europe in May. So we might get an announcement soon!

Advertisement