Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Irish Gigs (Rumours & Confirmed Events)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Northside festival in Denmark announced QOTSA , The National and Father John Misty

• Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'm shocked, QotSA doing summer shows. Tbh, a line-up with QotSA and the national could entice me somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

PTH2009 wrote: »
    http://www.deflepparduk.com/2017newsaug127.html

'Joe suggests the 2018 Hysteria tour will start in the Spring and The tour is set to feature the In The Round staging for the first time since April 1993 and the full 'Hysteria' album played in sequence. And will include a home town show at Sheffield Arena'

Hopefully we can see 3arena and SSE arena shows and hopefully they bring along top class support bands like they always do. Stage setup may be a problem for the 3arena but it can be done

Only realised last night while watching the viva hysteria DVD that they done the full Hysteria album on that tour. Sounded good

Death from Above 1979 on 14 March at Olympia.

21731133_10155689572676407_3960197975587409534_n.jpg?oh=4ae92c383b78fe2d15eade167f1805e9&oe=5A4CC290

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Mushy wrote: »

Where did you see that?

OhHiMark wrote: »

Where did you see that?

Mcd Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Mcd Facebook page.

That's annoying. They're doing a European tour with At The Drive In but ATDI are skipping just the Irish gig.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

That's annoying. They're doing a European tour with At The Drive In but ATDI are skipping just the Irish gig.

ATDI are supporting Royal Blood at the 3 Arena in November. Don't know if that's why they're skipping in March but they will be playing here soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The run they are doing next year appears is in midsize venues which we don't have so it makes sense for the promoters to have the one band sell the tickets on their own, sadly we usually miss out on those package tours if the headliner isn't 3arena size. Anyway as said ATDI are here with Royal Blood in like 2 months, for what it's worth it looked like they were atrocious at Reading.

• Advertisement

Roger Waters to announce a date shortly according to teamrock.com

Mcd Facebook page.

That looks like it's an atdi tour with dfa79 supporting them. This Dublin date is just getting dfa79 over. I guess after playing last year they aren't big enough for 3 arena, but those two together are too big for Olympia.

Doubt it will be an Irish date unless he announces a tour

Don't think I'd go and see him unless it's a show like the Wall tour etc. Just him and his band could be bland enough but hes still a good artist

• Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭rednik

Initial tour dates for Roger Waters 2018 European tour, UK & Ireland dates announced soon,

http://teamrock.com/news/2017-09-18/roger-waters-announces-european-tour

Don't think I'd go and see him unless it's a show like the Wall tour etc. Just him and his band could be bland enough but hes still a good artist

Sorry my original comment was a bit vague. It's an irish date in a tour announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Couldnt disagree more. The Wall is fairly overrated nonsense. His recent setlists are off the hook though.

The Nal wrote: »
    Couldnt disagree more. The Wall is fairly overrated nonsense. His recent setlists are off the hook though.

His look annoy me He's looks like a guy who need a good wash lol but his musical abilities can't be overlooked.

Never a huge fan of Pink Floyd

His look annoy me He's looks like a guy who need a good wash lol but his musical abilities can't be overlooked.

Haha cant disagree with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

To be fair, you may not like the album, but dismissing a work that is generally regarded as being one of the classics of modern music as overrated nonsense is ridiculous. If after 40 years an album still appears in the Rolling Stone (among other) top albums of all time, chances are that has earned its stripes.

Like him or loathe him and i have never really warmed to him in interview, he and Floyd have a body of work that few other bands can touch. If not their best album, the Wall is certainly in the top 3 in terms of influence.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Cannibal Corpse coming back in March (20th - Tivoli, Dublin - 21st - Dolans, Limerick - 22nd - Limelight, Belfast). Tickets on sale Fri 22nd Sept @ 10am.

http://www.overdrive.ie/get-ready-cannibal-corpse-return-ireland/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

I'm very much on team Gilmour but I'd go if it's fairly priced.... just to say I'd seen him.

Roger Waters new album is one of the best of the year. Gilmours last album was as bad as U2s last album. Really cringingly bad.

Also, check out the setlists hes banging out on this tour. Unmissable stuff.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/roger-waters/2017/ppg-paints-arena-pittsburgh-pa-73e21aa9.html

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭sabrewulf

Roger Waters new album is one of the best of the year. Gilmours last album was as bad as U2s last album. Really cringingly bad.

Also, check out the setlists hes banging out on this tour. Unmissable stuff.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/roger-waters/2017/ppg-paints-arena-pittsburgh-pa-73e21aa9.html

That set list makes me want to go. Would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭DinkyDinosaur

Jake Bugg Live at St Lukes Cork 9th November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭redandwhite

Jake Bugg Live at St Lukes Cork 9th November.

Long sold out sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭DinkyDinosaur

Damn. :(

i wonder what the big Rock/Metal gigs in Ireland will be for 2018 ???

we were spoiled for choice this year tbh (expect Metallica but a good irish are heading abroad to see them)

Cant see Metallica or Iron Maiden touring here next year. Guns N Roses prob wont be playing here next year. Id expect a Foo Fighters show and maybe a Pearl Jam show. All depends on whos touring really but dont expect many mega tours

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭eldest200

we were spoiled for choice this year tbh (expect Metallica but a good irish are heading abroad to see them)

Cant see Metallica or Iron Maiden touring here next year.

Metallica might play at the RDS if they do more outdoor shows. Foo Fighters could be there or the 3arena. Pearl Jam is a hit or miss.

• Advertisement

eldest200 wrote: »

Cant see Metallica or Iron Maiden touring here next year.

Metallica might play at the RDS if they do more outdoor shows. Foo Fighters could be there or the 3arena. Pearl Jam is a hit or miss.

Id say Foo's will do outdoor shows and then maybe return in the Winter of 2018 for indoor shows

Advertisement