Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chile suffers 8.8 earthquake!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Chile suffers 8.8 earthquake!

Last time I had a chilli my ring suffered an 8.8 earthquake.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Here are some pictures: http://cryptome.org/info/chile-quake/chile-quake-01.htm
    WARNING - includes some dead bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

coast webcam here in hawaiaiai.....tsunami expected here soon

http://www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.com/webcam/livewebcam.cfm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

More hawai webcam - http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/99999999/MOGULUS02/399990001&template=mogulus

There was/is boats docked but moving away very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Doesnt look like the webcam feeds will hold up, too much traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

here's another news feed link

http://www.weatherserver.net/earthquake/

• Registered Users Posts: 81,861 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Its amazing though. 20 years ago Hawaii would have gotten just a couple minutes warning. Today however we've been talking about this many hours ahead of the event. On a website running on the other side of the world no less.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I expect an anti-climax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 __

Ate one once. Burnt me mouth real bad. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Video feed here: www.hawaiinewsnow.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I expect an anti-climax.

Definitely hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I expect an anti-climax.
    I hope so too - but if so, I hope it doesn't lead to a "cry wolf" attitude. Tsunamis are (thankfully) too rare to make predicting their effects an exact science ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Caoimhín wrote: »
    It is gods way of punishing them for not believing in the love and compassion of Jesus Christ.

That would be an ecological matter. :pac:

Seriously: Earthquakes, tidal waves, Simon Cowell getting engaged- signs that all point to the second coming of Zombie Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭IrishManSaipan

Chile suffers 8.8 earthquake.....

There was me thinking they were enjoying the occassion.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Don't know much about earthquakes myself but there has been a few big ones recently.....I'd be nervous if I was living in in San Fran right now!!!
    Aren't they due one:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Don't know much about earthquakes myself but there has been a few big ones recently.....I'd be nervous if I was living in in San Fran right now!!!
    Aren't they due one:eek:

Also, that 'supposedly dormant' volcano in Yellowstone National Park is long overdue to blow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Tsunami alert cancelled for Hawaii but Japan on "Major" alert. Expecting 10ft tsunami to hit them at 04.00 GMT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

kraggy wrote: »
    Tsunami alert cancelled for Hawaii but Japan on "Major" alert. Expecting 10ft tsunami to hit them at 04.00 GMT.

10 foot shouldn't be too bad for Japan should it? Just hope the Pacific Islands are in the clear, doesn't bear thinking about what a big Tsunami would do to some of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

amacachi wrote: »
    10 foot shouldn't be too bad for Japan should it? Just hope the Pacific Islands are in the clear, doesn't bear thinking about what a big Tsunami would do to some of them.

Not in same league as 2004 but could still do plenty of damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

I expect an anti-climax.

I suppose; but that is something your probably used too Magic even after a night out on the the club scene. All I can say is work hard and save some money and you might get lucky.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I live by the bay on the east coast. Going home this morning there was all talk about a tsunami. I went to bed, got up and the sun was blazing done and the grass was dry... so i went out and got a tan.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

And our own country complains about snow and rain.

christ what these people have go through now, Its not something that will go away in few days or weeks it will take few years at least.

As a country Ireland gets away with so much compared to these poor people, Thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Interesting, when did the earthquake hit?

Just before the buildings started to crumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Could you post any more crap for me to waste my time on please?

You have a play button and a fast forward button and a fu&*9n mouse with a button to click. What more do you want you lazy twat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

McChubbin wrote: »
    Also, that 'supposedly dormant' volcano in Yellowstone National Park is long overdue to blow...

When that goes - the world is fecked. Let's not jinx it.

Advertisement