Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Type 2 Diabetes Survey

Options
  • 28-10-2020 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am new to this forum but am looking for some help. I am a Type 2 diabetic and my Type 1 friend and I have put together a survey to find out about the treatment and feelings of Type 2s in Ireland in a hope we could give us Type 2s who tend to be quite isolated a "voice". Its called Type 2 100 Voices because we hope to get 100 responses. i can't post the link because I am a new user but you will find the details on the bloodsugartrampoline blog.
    Please pass this information on the any diabetics that you know and share it as widely as you can..
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Valann123 wrote: »
    I am new to this forum but am looking for some help. I am a Type 2 diabetic and my Type 1 friend and I have put together a survey to find out about the treatment and feelings of Type 2s in Ireland in a hope we could give us Type 2s who tend to be quite isolated a "voice". Its called Type 2 100 Voices because we hope to get 100 responses. i can't post the link because I am a new user but you will find the details on the bloodsugartrampoline blog.
    Please pass this information on the any diabetics that you know and share it as widely as you can..
    Many thanks

Is your friend by any chance Graflynn? At least that's her user name on here.

I signed up to the blog and did the questionnaire a month or so ago, and I hope you gain some further traction with what you are trying to do.

I would have a worry that your effort might be seen by some as fragmented?
    Some folk would be minded to think that all of us should be tramping along with the Irish Diabetes crowd as our "voice" ;)

Bollox to that, because while they do great work they really chase the top issue and sometimes new diabetics in particular can be lost in a sea of info.

Perhaps you could also post your blog and link over on the dedicated diabetes thread here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Valann123

Yes it is Grainne. Our findings will be shared with Diabetes Ireland but we are doing this as a community project. Response is very slow..35 so far.. so I am trying to give it a push along. We want to raise the Type 2 profile and try to create more of a community. Please can you reshare the link for me!

Valann123 wrote: »
    Yes it is Grainne. Our findings will be shared with Diabetes Ireland but we are doing this as a community project. Response is very slow..35 so far.. so I am trying to give it a push along. We want to raise the Type 2 profile and try to create more of a community. Please can you reshare the link for me!

Will do, I really only use the diabetes thread here on boards for my diabetes moans and info but I'll share it again in there.
    I really do hope that your take up improves, the effort put in deserves it.

Welcome to the wonderful and often infuriating world of Diabetes. Most of the conversation regarding diabetes along with patient experiences, questions and even some answers are found over on the forum's diabetes thread.

Loads of info and experiences shared there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ParkerLV

Hi Lex!

You are on the right way. Following your doc directions, healthy diet and exercises can return blood sugar readings to normal. This is very important in this fight. My aunt has diabetes. She used to have weekly injections (she bought trulicity online). But she strictly follows all the suggestions and now she can control her blood sugar level without medications. I hope you'll be doing ok with that. And don't forget that diabetics is not a disease, now it's now a specific way of life.

Post edited by ParkerLV on

• Advertisement
Advertisement