Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,400 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Last two weeks have been utterly wretched. All I can say is roll on Dundalk on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Last two weeks have been utterly wretched. All I can say is roll on Dundalk on Sunday.

Agree not a sniff had i had since Galway. Was actually thinking to myself today that i need Dundalk back. Hadn't realised it is on Sunday, Great news.:) Now lets get back to making profit:P

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

Anyone any thoughts on Panama Hat tomorrow night at Arlington, All his wins on good/firm and highest rated RPR and is well drawn, he's 10/1 on the morning line over this side of the world going have a couple of quid win/place myself

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

kalinisi wrote: »
    Anyone any thoughts on Panama Hat tomorrow night at Arlington, All his wins on good/firm and highest rated RPR and is well drawn, he's 10/1 on the morning line over this side of the world going have a couple of quid win/place myself

What side of the world are you? Where are you seeing 10/1?

10/1 on the morning line over here (can fluctuate as its tote guide but cant see many yanks backing him), I'm in Toronto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭naughto

kalinisi wrote: »

Seen your post stuck a few notes on it just unlucky at the line put I will take the place money

naughto wrote: »
    Seen your post stuck a few notes on it just unlucky at the line put I will take the place money

Didn't get to see the race but am happy enough paid 4.1 to place would have been a nice touch had he of won though!

Seems to be a steady stream of dough for the well handicapped Aye Aye Skipper in the next at Killarney. Missed the early price, but am happy enough to take 7/1.

Seems to be a steady stream of dough for the well handicapped Aye Aye Skipper in the next at Killarney. Missed the early price, but am happy enough to take 7/1.
    :cool:

:cool:

Well in Francie. I fancied it when I looked at the card but left it as missed the price. 7/1 with the nrs was decent value alright,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Ante post so quite risky, but there is no way Chopin should be 33/1 for the Irish Cambridgeshire this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Ante post so quite risky, but there is no way Chopin should be 33/1 for the Irish Cambridgeshire this weekend

I agree i backed him in Galway at a big price and he ran well enough . Definitely a big race in him..

aidankkk wrote: »
    I agree i backed him in Galway at a big price and he ran well enough . Definitely a big race in him..

And dropped 6lbs for it. Mark of 100 should definitely be manageable and looking there are not many that are screaming well handicapped to me. There is no way he should be more than 20/1 even ante post, I fancy him more than 3/4's of the field

888 went 40/1 took it all

Anyone got any thoughts on Maarek tomorrow in the Beverley Bullet? If there was the promise of any kind of cut in the ground, then I think this would be a big bet, especially considering it's only a listed race.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Anyone got any thoughts on Maarek tomorrow in the Beverley Bullet? If there was the promise of any kind of cut in the ground, then I think this would be a big bet, especially considering it's only a listed race.

I was looking earlier, there wouldnt be much to fear on soft ground, other then the draw, getting a run etc. 5/1 seems fair enough.

Thought Hogans horse down the bottom of the weights there is a major danger on the soft ground, Dikta Del Mar, ran a nice race at Tip recently, might have to dutch the pair of them!

great shout, dutched him and hogan horse, some performance by him in the end, could be interesting in the abbaye on soft against meccas angel

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

Chopin 42 on exchange now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

boomtown84 wrote: »
    Chopin 42 on exchange now..

And duly finished last. Weird.

PC any view on Chamonix at downpatrick tomorrow?

My Titania retired - http://www.irishracing.com/news?prid=132887&headline=My-Titania-retired

What a disappointment that horse was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭kksaints

Clive Brittain retiring at the end of the season. He trained some excellent horses, although I associate him with Warrsan from the middle of the last decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

its just about to lash here in the uk

Anyone around Navan is there any rain there?

Stuck on a crossword here can anyone help me out, obligatory duty in the armed forces, two words

Stuck on a crossword here can anyone help me out, obligatory duty in the armed forces, two words

Con Scription:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭kksaints

Many letters? I would have said compulsory conscription.

First letter of the first word is N, 8 letters in that one, seven in the second

• Advertisement

First letter of the first word is N, 8 letters in that one, seven in the second

Ya the 12s looks value. Would be afraid of calm Bay back down below last winning mark.

Advertisement