Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmers 'could be given licences to grow cannabis

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    Cowsheds dude. Cowsheds...

Yea cowsheds, it worked a few posts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭endainoz

Should you be looking at growing the real thing now under licence. The Government needs it and it's starting importing it. Convert an idle shed and get a 24/7/365 business going. It's probably legal to export already.

Well maybe ill give a go at the hemp first and see how it goes. As for growing the real stuff, I'd imagine a legal massive grow house would need some decent security!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

endainoz wrote: »
    Well maybe ill give a go at the hemp first and see how it goes. As for growing the real stuff, I'd imagine a legal massive grow house would need some decent security!

..... *starts filling the shotgun with nails* ..... an' we are going to need dogs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

endainoz wrote: »

They don't need security at the moment. Just stick to the first rule of fight club.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

They don't need security at the moment. Just stick to the first rule of fight club.

How are you meant to sell a crop if you dont talk about it

That and people have things called eyes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

https://www.agriland.ie/farmland/

€1500 to €4k per ACRE!!

I’ve produced a lot more than this man and I can’t get it over €1k per HECTARE.
    (usually around €800/ha).

Around 12t+dm/ha of fibre and about 1t of seed is all I can manage...bad farmer me?

Why bother yourselves growing it? I’ll send over as much as ye want for a fraction of his projections....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

https://www.agriland.ie/farmland/

€1500 to €4k per ACRE!!

I’ve produced a lot more than this man and I can’t get it over €1k per HECTARE.
    (usually around €800/ha).

Around 12t+dm/ha of fibre and about 1t of seed is all I can manage...bad farmer me?

Why bother yourselves growing it? I’ll send over as much as ye want for a fraction of his projections....
    Bit like the Beet Ireland nonsense, flashy headlines to draw the suckers in.
    Over here guys are dropping beet due to lack of profitability on much less than 85t/ha plus ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Bit like the Beet Ireland nonsense, flashy headlines to draw the suckers in.
    Over here guys are dropping beet due to lack of profitability on much less than 85t/ha plus ground.

Friend of mine is thinking of getting out of sbeet, and he’s in the Paris Basin!
    This years price offer is €27.70/t. Regularly gets 100+t/ha.

He’s in the process of nailing down a contract for growing spuds for McCains...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Discovered last week that a local sheep farmer from back home near Naas has gone in to hemp this year with 15 acres sown. Had a look at it today and it seems to be thriving so far!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement