Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭glennponder

Hi folks,

I renewed my sons passport online but didn't print the consent form at the time, it expired after 5 days so I clicked the resubmission button, auto message saying it will be sent within 5 days, no email received so I clicked again and still no email....status of passport says 'problem with application, we have sent you an email' but they haven't so I'm stuck, I did get the initial confirmation email when I applied so the email address is correct.....any ideas? I've given up on the webchat and phone number as I'm assuming they are not even manned.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭mbutler2007

Phone call was on Friday last but still nouthing. It's painfully slow . And the lack of update is very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭TheRona

You can get through on the webchat, I've managed a few times. You just need to keep refreshing the page until the webchat image turns green. I've also found that you need to enter your details pretty quickly when you do get to that point, or you'll get kicked back out. Make sure you have the application number already saved on your clipboard.

Some progress . If the tracker changes to 'printing' , gown long after can we expect it in the post ? Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭TheRona

Should be sent same day in most cases, and you should have it within a day or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

For me it's same day dispatch for passport book once it's printing, but passport card still says printing for me and has been printing for a few days

Edit: of course after I posted this the passport card was also dispatched, so that card was printing for 4 days then dispatched, and passport book was same day dispatched once it changed to printing

Post edited by Cookiee on

Thanks for the reply. Did you get an e mail or something to say it was dispatched?

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully it's ready . Did you get an e mail or something to say it was dispatched?

No email, just said it was disptached when I tracked the passport application, next step after printing you'll see it change to disptached

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Prospector1989

Hi guys, just looking for some thoughts here on our first time application for our daughter.

We applied on 23rd of February (paper application). Up until last week there was no tracking information online but I was told online there was just an issue with the tracker. It's now showing up online as:

Application received

24/02/2022

Processing application

Your application is being processed.

Estimated* issue date

21/04/2022

We're due to be travelling on the 29th April.

What are people's experiences like? Is it likely to arrive?

I know we should have applied sooner, just didn't realise how long things were taking currently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Fairin

Some people have gotten passports in 6 weeks.

sadly not our experience. They got our docs on 4 Feb, tracker updated to processing on 4 March having said send in the docs all along. Est issue date 13 April. Much longer timeframe than yours. I don’t know why. First time Irish born child, Irish born parents, online application. Nothing since. Our witness hasn’t been contacted. 40 working days my eye. We needed to cancel our hotel by today so if there is a problem we’ll lose that. We’ll also loose the flights soon. Fed up

a friend did a paper application, her est issue date was 29 March. Still hasn’t been issued

good luck 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Danniilong

My sons application changed to printing and dispatched yesterday! Original due date was 21st April.

was this a first time application? Was it paper or online?

Furst time application, from reading your story on here we were about 1-2 behind you so hopefully yours will be there soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,123 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Oh that's good.

My estimated date for my child was April 14th and had changed to processing yesterday. So hopefully not too long to go now.

Ah you have the US visa thing. Great you got sorted.

Our est date is 13 April. Changed to processing on 4 March. nothing since. Some people went from processing to dispatched in about 2 hours. Seems to depend whose desk you land on.

🤯

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭riddles

Flying to the states in a week discovered on of the kids passports expired. Got an appointment for a 4 day turnaround at the passport office tomorrow.

i assume the answer is no but does anyone know if the renewal requesting child needs to attend at the passport office?

Post edited by riddles on

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Logo

Hi. I applied online for passport renewal in Feb. The tracking service says "There was a problem with the application. We have sent you an e-mail. You should follow the steps outlined in the e-mail." I've not received an email and I have called their contact number and tried to webchat without luck numerous times. I'd appreciate to hear from anyone who knows what I can do now. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Keep trying to contact them, you will get through. None of us can know what the issue is

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭stopthevoting

Can the school principal witness a RENEWAL passport application for a child? There is conflicting information on the DFA website, and the online Webchat service is showing grey at the moment as they are busy.

This page https://www.dfa.ie/passports/how-to-get-your-application-witnessed/ says:

Your witness can be a: • Member of the Garda Síochána. For first time adult applicants in Ireland, and for all children applications, a member of the Garda Síochána is required to complete the Identity Verification Form. For applicants from outside of Ireland you can use the below list of suitable witnesses for verifying identity.

but this page https://www.dfa.ie/passportonline/onlinefaqs/ says:

Q. Do I have to bring my child to a Garda Station to have their identity verified if I use the ‘Passport Online’? Only for first time applications within Ireland. Your child’s first application must be witnessed by a member of An Garda Siochána.

By the way, above query is referring to an Online application.

Edit: sorry I got it wrong, I thought it had to be Garda, but no it's ANY profession on the list. I asked the passport office for you . :)

Post edited by Cookiee on

But the second link gives different advice: "Q. Do I have to bring my child to a Garda Station to have their identity verified if I use the ‘Passport Online’? Only for first time applications within Ireland. Your child’s first application must be witnessed by a member of An Garda Siochána."

It certainly is confusing. I suspect that the first link is probably out of date, and that the second one is correct, but I will still go to a Garda Station anyway, as I don't want to take the chance of having the application rejected.

Cookiee, Thanks, I see your new post now. I can't quote it as it keeps bringing up the old one.

"Edit: sorry I got it wrong, I thought it had to be Garda, but no it's ANY profession on the list. I asked the passport office for you . :)"

Thanks very much for that.

No bother, I got confused myself when looking at those two links, so I made a few different edits to my post sorry 😂 they don't make it easy! But yeah can be any professional on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭sibersha

We have two first time applications in for out two daughters. Estimated dates are 28/04/22 and 03/05/22

We have travel booked for 07/05/22, judging by some of the comments we may miss out as many seem to be delivered after the issue date. Is there any point in ringing them?

P.S when you call the passport office, if you hear a pre recorded message with a woman's voice, then hang up - when you hear a man's voice you'll get into the queue system.

have they noted your travel dates? Is it an online application?

They got our docs on 4 Feb, tracker didn’t update to processing until 4 March. In the meantime I rang them and they gave me an estimated date of 13 April which was a longer timeframe than others on here.

They called our witness on Thursday last, the very day our TD contacted them (my passport needs to be renewed once my son’s is processed so we are under a bit of pressure). Witness wasn’t at her desk. They rang her back yesterday. I am hoping there will be an update today.

In short, it might be that the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Maybe calling them would be enough or you could start lining up a TD because you are under pressure. It seemed to get things moving for us.

Good luck🤞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

About to send off 2 child's first time applications. The website mentions 35 working days to process is this consistent with people's experiences?

Advertisement