Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 World Snooker Championship (Mod Note Post One)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

AllForIt wrote: »
    Well I totally agree with Hendry, I can't believe Murphy asked for the screen to be lifted as nice a gesture as it was. And he should have snicked in that red when he had the chance which was the one he eventually missed, I feel anyway. Maybe it was a bit too acute.

Anyway glad to see Robertson isn't running away with this match, 5 - 3 is a scoreline Murphy will be happy enough with.

Does show how much he's changed as an individual i think, would never have dreamed of doing that 5 or 10 years ago. I think he's desperate for people to like him these days and i dont mean that in a bad or disrespectful way. Probably shouldnt have done it, but not sure it made a whole lot of difference in the end anyway. That red was always tricky no matter how he approached it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭waynescales1

13 reds in, asks for the screen to be raised, madness. Have to stay in the zone there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,304 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Those watching on Eurosport - who's that commentating with Hallet ? The Wilson match. Can't for the life of me figure out who it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

AllForIt wrote: »
    Those watching on Eurosport - who's that commentating with Hallet ? The Wilson match. Can't for the life of me figure out who it is.

Not sure but hes very irritating whoever he is

• Registered Users Posts: 16,341 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Not sure but hes very irritating whoever he is

Must be Ronnie O'Sullivan. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

It's Michael Holt and he's with Dave Hendon not Hallett.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

zuutroy wrote: »
    It's Michael Holt and he's with Dave Hendon not Hallett.

Agree he's very annoyingly a heavy breather. Not funny at all I always thought he was a bit of a character

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭This is it

Wilson seems to have a very strange cue action on some shots. When he draws back the last time before striking he seems to hold for an age and kind of jerks at it

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

This is it wrote: »
    Wilson seems to have a very strange cue action on some shots. When he draws back the last time before striking he seems to hold for an age and kind of jerks at it

The coaches will tell you that it is best to have a pause at the end of the draw back before slowly accelerating the cue forward to strike the ball.

Lot of players do that, though Kyrens does seem a bit more pronounced than most. I dont know what other players think of it, but do recall Judd slagging him about his cue action when they were having a few verbals last year. Mind you, trumps cue action not exactly out of the text book either when you think about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Looking ahead to next year already!...I'll be trying again to get tickets for the semi finals, or finals, or if miracles happen both of next years Crucible...
    ...Was looking at the ticket prices, and it doesn't give any prices for full day tickets, just for individual sessions...Would anyone know if they are an option to buy...I was able to get full day tickets to next Year's masters semi final and final...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

That shot by Wilson holding the rest in the air was incredibly ballsy.

[url]

Selby absolute blew that final frame.

Deserved 5-3 lead for Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

...Looking ahead to next year already!...I'll be trying again to get tickets for the semi finals, or finals, or if miracles happen both of next years Crucible...
    ...Was looking at the ticket prices, and it doesn't give any prices for full day tickets, just for individual sessions...Would anyone know if they are an option to buy...I was able to get full day tickets to next Year's masters semi final and final...

No day tickets, session by session only.

Selby v Wilson was interesting enough.
    Wilson probably deserved a lead all in all, definitely had the run of the balls though. Selby needs to up it a bit but I’d expect him to tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Disappointed not to have watched one frame yet this year due to work and other commitments. Really looking forward to lodging on the couch for the weekend.

What time is Wilson Selby continuing tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

10am

• Registered Users Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Morning.
    Murphy 3 - Robbo 5. Session 2.
    Maguire - Cahill. Start.

Afternoon.
    Selby 3 - Wilson 5. Session 2.
    Gilbert - Williams. Start.

Evening.
    Maguire - Cahill. Session 2.
    Murphy - Robbo. To a finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

Lavinia wrote: »
    10am

No, Wilson and Selby resume at 2:30 pm today.

Amazing steal there from Robertson after Murphy went 66 ahead with 67 left on the table.

Class from robertson there but thats the third frame murphys lost this mornign that he really should have won. Had robbo a bit under the cosh there, but didnt push it through. If he could keep it 7-9 i think we could be in for an interesting final session, assuming robertson doesnt pick up his level to where it was in Round 1.

Crazy session this between Murphy and Robertson. So many of the frames could have gone either way. But it's 9-6 to Robertson now with one frame left.

Maguire leads Cahill 5-3 after their first session this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

That was criminal from Murphy there, leaving the red over the middle and not getting the white behind the black.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Murphy just not looking like a winner here at all. Hope he gets into it next session. Would like to see them both play to their potential.

I felt Murphy had to get out of today at 8-8 to have a fighting chance. Can't see him doing it now from 10-6 behind, with Robertson needing just three more frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Robertson playing really well. Rightfully the favourite to win it outright now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,304 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Murphy in the studio mid match discussing it with Davis and Hazel. NEVER seen that before. Don't know if it's a good idea, just seems wrong somehow.

Pity he couldn't pull back to 9 - 7 going into tonights final session. Seems something of a formality now but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

No, Wilson and Selby resume at 2:30 pm today.
    he asked for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

What is Murphy doing on the analyst couch in between sessions? Can't help his chances tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

Very suprised as well . Was amazed yesterday when he was on for 147 that he wanted the screen put up . Not sure it helped his concentration as he chose the wrong shot after that . Anyway I think he will have plenty time for analyst chair after tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Inviere

Couldn’t support Higgins. Agreeing to get involved in match-fixing. Seems to be forgotten about by most people but his reputation will always be damaged for me.

Shame because I think he’s perhaps 3rd greatest of all time I think.

News of the World reader? Read up on the actual facts of the incident, you might be surprised with the differences between them and the ragged tabloid narrative.
    Nation 98 wrote: »
    Except when his opponent forgets his chalk.

Could be worse, he could have held a mic on his crotch and asked a female Chinese press girl if she wanted “a nosh”, like the revered Ronnie O’Sullivan did a few years back. A real class act. Not that I dislike Ronnie, but let’s be honest, that chalk thing was a minor mistake on Sean’s part, one which he undoubtedly regrets. Players have done much worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Sean Murphy still in the studio...Very bizarre way of prepping for final session...

Advertisement