Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S&C and CrossFit Gyms D15/D7/D11

Options
  • 02-07-2019 9:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

CrossFit glasnevin (Colm judge)
    RF strength and conditioning - Ballycoolin
    Fitbox - Crossfit15 - rosemount business park

Anyone any experience of the above?
    Moved into the ashtown/royal canal park area recently.

Been out of CrossFit for a while and put on a few pounds to say the least!

Went for a trial at RevFit (James Hanley) in glasnevin but it was too expensive to get my head around to be honest.
    2 sessions a week €36 per week,
    3 = €41 p/w and
    4=€47 p/w

Also looked at GNS fitness Navan road and ABS gym - didn’t like ABS at all. Rude staff didn’t want to know. The gym is a mess also and very dirty.

I don’t mind investing in my health but come on... these CrossFit gyms in Dublin city centre area charging €200 a month. Seriously.

I think Fitbox and CrossFit glasnevin are €100 a month which is grand considering the coaching you get. Only downside is you can only use these gyms when classes are on i.e. open gym is only once a week for a few hours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,091 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There's distinction between the use of a gym and coaching imo. The more individual time and attention you get the more you should being paying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Yeah fair enough, but for example in that RevFit, some lad just pointing to a workout on a whiteboard to 8-10 people and calling it out. Doesn't warrant the below costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PerryB78

RF in my opinion is the best around, i'm a member there having trained in a few of the alternatives in the area. The prices are very reasonable and the workouts are v challenging and rewarding, if you want to get fit and drop the pounds then you will in that place. Sound bunch of members too

PerryB78 wrote: »
    RF in my opinion is the best around, i'm a member there having trained in a few of the alternatives in the area. The prices are very reasonable and the workouts are v challenging and rewarding, if you want to get fit and drop the pounds then you will in that place. Sound bunch of members too

Cheers, I'm actually gonna do a trial there this week at one of the morning or evening classes. €70 for 3 a week or €90 for unlimited is unbeatable to be fair.

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Cheers, I'm actually gonna do a trial there this week at one of the morning or evening classes. €70 for 3 a week or €90 for unlimited is unbeatable to be fair.

Yep it's great value, Rob is a very thorough programmer, he really knows his stuff, best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Yeah fair enough, but for example in that RevFit, some lad just pointing to a workout on a whiteboard to 8-10 people and calling it out. Doesn't warrant the below costs.

I don't think that's fair. I have gone there and find them hugely
    helpful. They do a lot more then point to the whiteboard. You may not need it but they do give a lot of guidance and I find them very good.

Fair enough, I've only been once for a trial so that isn't a true reflection I suppose!

What do you pay per week/month if you don't mind me asking?They said you either do a 6/8 week "high intensity" program or you can switch over to more of a lifting/S&C type program. That's the 2 types of training groups in there?

Fair enough, I've only been once for a trial so that isn't a true reflection I suppose!

What do you pay per week/month if you don't mind me asking?They said you either do a 6/8 week "high intensity" program or you can switch over to more of a lifting/S&C type program. That's the 2 types of training groups in there?

I did the lifting one. 40 a week for three classes and two bootcamps. I found them very good. I was going from beginner and I am much more confident now. Really helped me with technique. The classes are usually small enough that you get help from the coaches.

I did the lifting one. 40 a week for three classes and two bootcamps. I found them very good. I was going from beginner and I am much more confident now. Really helped me with technique. The classes are usually small enough that you get help from the coaches.

That’s good to be fair. And you’re coached for a bit in each class? It sounds a lot at €160 a month but if you’ve seen good results it’s money well spent.

Is there accountability?! Like are the coaches contacting you outside of the gym or offering support etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Sorry to go on a bit of a tangent to the thread, but is crossfit glasevin still going? They've limited online presence (last facebook post was over a year ago) and haven't replied to an email I sent asking. Moving to the area soon and gonna have to find a new gym I think.

• Advertisement

That’s good to be fair. And you’re coached for a bit in each class? It sounds a lot at €160 a month but if you’ve seen good results it’s money well spent.

Is there accountability?! Like are the coaches contacting you outside of the gym or offering support etc
    Yes I am really happy with the results and the classes.

Sorry to go on a bit of a tangent to the thread, but is crossfit glasevin still going? They've limited online presence (last facebook post was over a year ago) and haven't replied to an email I sent asking. Moving to the area soon and gonna have to find a new gym I think.

Yeah they are, you need to write to colm on instagram (colm judge) but apart from that you're right, don't seem to have much of a presence which is unusual in the fitness industry in 2019.
    Must be happy enough with what they have going.
    Weirdly enough he has no app for the classes and also only accepts "cash" as the monthly payment for membership. I asked about direct debit etc.

Anyone ever used GNS fitness? Have a gym at Oliver Plunketts club off Navan road.

Back from 2 weeks of holidays and haven't got firing with the gym this year at all between new job, home and other excuses!!

Anyone ever used GNS fitness? Have a gym at Oliver Plunketts club off Navan road.

Back from 2 weeks of holidays and haven't got firing with the gym this year at all between new job, home and other excuses!!

Haven't heard anything about there. I've heard the spin and weights classes in St Brigids can be quite good, anyone know if it's true?

Yeah is that Spin & Go ? - I know a friend has been going for a while and enjoys it. She goes twice a week, bit of a mix of spin plus ski erg, rower and some bodyweight stuff etc.

Dylan Murphy who runs it is a great fella.

Yeah is that Spin & Go ? - I know a friend has been going for a while and enjoys it. She goes twice a week, bit of a mix of spin plus ski erg, rower and some bodyweight stuff etc.

Dylan Murphy who runs it is a great fella.

Sounds good, I think I'll give it a try soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Sorry to dig up an old thread but what's the programming like in RF Strength and Conditioning? I'm currently in another CrossFit gym and don't find it great (One main lift -usually a squat, deadlift or an Oly lift, followed by a met con). I'd prefer something a bit more rounded in the strength department.

Post edited by Beau on

Advertisement