Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

My front 2 Kane and Kean are anagrams of each other . It’s meant to be !!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

Dr. Bre wrote: »

You should get N. Ake too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I wouldn't be getting King up front if I were you..... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wilberto wrote: »
    I wouldn't be getting King up front if I were you..... :eek:

it took me a minute :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Think it's too soon for Kean myself. Give him a while to get up to speed and integrate with the team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

How do you find the league ID?

The one with numbers and a dash in between

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

callaway92 wrote: »

Cheers

Open the league standings and it's in the url.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Cheers
    Click on the league and select Invite Friends. You have to be the league Admin to do this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Will Greenwood get regular game time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Will Greenwood get regular game time?

Imo he won’t and I’m a Man Utd fan.A lot will depend on whether Utd sell Lukaku before deadline closes (v doubtful) and If they sign Eriksen as has been muted.
    I think he isn’t a great pick as even if he is on Utds bench regularly for League games he will only get 15 min cameos.
    Of course I could be totally wrong!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

City are set to sign Portuguese right back João Cancelo(with Danilo going the other way). He'll provide stiff competition for Walker

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Worth saving the £0.5 in the short-term (2 months) for Zinchenko instead of Kyle Walker?

Zinchenko no real competition until a very unfit Mendy is back

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I really don't think City are going to get off to a solid start this year, West Ham, Spurs and Bournemouth are all well capable of scoring goals against them. By the time they get to their easy run and rack up 2 clean sheets against Brighton and Norwich, Liverpool could have 4 CS's.

There's uncertainty across the back, Zincheko/Mendy/Angelino on one side, Walker and the new RB on the other, Laporte missing last week injured, and reports of Fernandino being relocated to CB, I don't think the cost is worth the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Friendly reminder that your vice captain is automatically your goalkeeper. Just changed mine now ;)

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I really don't think City are going to get off to a solid start this year, West Ham, Spurs and Bournemouth are all well capable of scoring goals against them. By the time they get to their easy run and rack up 2 clean sheets against Brighton and Norwich, Liverpool could have 4 CS's.

There's uncertainty across the back, Zincheko/Mendy/Angelino on one side, Walker and the new RB on the other, Laporte missing last week injured, and reports of Fernandino being relocated to CB, I don't think the cost is worth the risk.

Tend to agree about the backline and little enough upside for the risk.

Reason why I think I am going with Ederson

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

naughtb4 wrote: »

The problem I have with Ederson is he's either going to score 2 or 6. Someone like Pope or Heaton could get 3 or 4 points a game even if they concede and could match him over the first few weeks. That extra 1.5m saving is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

maximo31 wrote: »
    Hi , anyone a link to a Flicker for this season please?

To answer my own question , this might be of use to a few of you. :
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16xSzX6ZTUJgY8dAq518nGFg7CvGvGs8pcmeLQC9fMgQ/edit#gid=0

The problem I have with Ederson is he's either going to score 2 or 6. Someone like Pope or Heaton could get 3 or 4 points a game even if they concede and could match him over the first few weeks. That extra 1.5m saving is huge.

I don't wholly disagree but the 2 or 6 arguement is the same for all the City backline.

Very tempted to go without them, defence wise, altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I don't wholly disagree but the 2 or 6 arguement is the same for all the City backline.

It's not really, Laporte has an attacking threat and got some double digit scores last season. And Zinchenko pitched in with a few assists. Their ceiling is much higher than Ederson's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Are people favouring Auba or Kane?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Green&Red wrote: »
    Are people favouring Auba or Kane?
    All going well, Kane for his week 1 hattrick against Villa, the Auba for his week 2 hattrick against Burnley, then Kane for his week 3 hattrick against Newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Are people not worried about Kane sharing the forward position with Moura? His points were affected when they played together last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Worth saving the £0.5 in the short-term (2 months) for Zinchenko instead of Kyle Walker?

Zinchenko no real competition until a very unfit Mendy is back

I think Angelino is the competition rihgt?

I thought Zinchecko looked suspect defensively against Liverpool. But I also think he won't have much defending to do in most of his matches and he got the pre-assist for Sterling's goal - should get forward plenty.

Looks like Walker will have competition too.

Laporte is the only nailed one. Bit expensive but maybe the best option for the start and then can downgrade. I'll be intrigued to see which of Stones or Otamendi nails down the other spot. I think that might be where the best City defensive value. Otamendi was tremendous value season before last, he plays a lot of simple passes to get BPS and is a good set piece threat. I reckon I'll be on him if he looks like he's won the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

With Gary Cahill signed by Roy H who was singing his praises yday is Kelly’s place under threat for Palace?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,058 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

With Gary Cahill signed by Roy H who was singing his praises yday is Kelly’s place under threat for Palace?

i would say yes.

Cahill is direct competition at CB and Joel Ward is direct competition at RB. it is a risk, no doubt now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Anyone know whether Mane will start GW1 or if Origi will still be starting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Harry Wilson is a player to watch now, presume his price point will be 6.0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Shedite27 wrote: »
    All going well, Kane for his week 1 hattrick against Villa, the Auba for his week 2 hattrick against Burnley, then Kane for his week 3 hattrick against Newcastle

But but but but everybody knows Kane does'nt score in August:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Spurs have agreed a fee for Dybala according to reports

Advertisement