Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I think people were taken aback by The Crusade album but it was the first album they did without the use of autotune which is only way for any respectable band metal or not. In amongst the salutes to Metallica was 2 or 3 gems particulary Tread The Floods.

People always seem to slate that album its no Asendancy but its no slop release either when it first came out it got mostly positive reviews with I think MH even givin it 9/10. The big tours followed includin the tour here with Maiden. Their stock has plummeted since bigtime a co-headlining tour with Volbeat in their own country only confirms how far its dropped.

I for one disappeared after The Crusade just lost interest cant put me finger on it but saw them in 2012 on the In Waves tour and was impressed picked up Shogun and In Waves after and think theyre their best works IMO.

Im in Manchester next weekend as it happens but unfortunately tickets to gig with KSE look to be sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Im in Manchester next weekend as it happens but unfortunately tickets to gig with KSE look to be sold out.

http://www.livenation.co.uk/event/467680/killswitch-engage-trivium-tickets?c=api-000001&camefrom=CFC_UK_BUYAT_97249

You should double check this to be sure, it worked for me at time of posting

For the record, my favorite Trivium track was always 'The Crusade'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

The Crusade is a beast of a track. For the record I love the whole album. I'd just prefer if they had screamed a bit more on it.

Announced on facebook that the band have parted ways with Nick, they are currently on tour and their Drum Tech will be seeing out the rest of the Volbeat/Trivium American tour dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Here's the full statement.... What a kick in the teeth that they've parted ways with Nick

To Trivium Fans, Friends and Family:

I had asked everyone to make this statement regarding Nick, personally and on behalf of the band because of the history we both have had together as friends and bandmates. There is no easy way to go about parting ways with someone; whether it's in a band or not, but if it is coming directly from one of us, I hope that it will be perceived out of our respect for him.

This past Sunday, Matt, Corey, and I decided that it was best to part ways with Nick and to move forward as soon as possible. This decision was not one that we took lightly, given the fact that we are in the midst of a tour, and more importantly, that Nick has been with us for almost 3 and half years.

We spoke face to face for about an hour on the bus - first informing him of our decision to move forward, both discussing the situation and how to precede with announcing it, as well as personally thanking him for being there when we needed him as a tech, and then as drummer. I made both those calls to Nick - I asked him if he would be willing to drop everything and come out and be apart of Trivium at a moments notice and he did without hesitation. On stage we all fit well together - I believe we became a tighter and more unified band because of him. There was not a dramatic ending to this, honestly it was quite muted and I am happy to have been able to speak directly and calmly to one another.

I believe we all agreed that what started out great "off stage" in the beginning, over time began to fray. It became obvious that things were not going to work out in the long run. We did not want to reach the point where the differences between us became apparent on stage. Being in a band is privilege afforded to us by all of you, and as much as we owe you guys the best show we can possibly give you, we also realize that being out here has to be enjoyable enough for us to continue to do so.

We truly wish nothing but the best for Nick and whatever projects he becomes involved in. We will be rooting for him to succeed. I would like to add that as the one who championed Nick to become our drummer 3 and half years ago, I will be the first person to vouch for him as an incredible drummer and as an immense force and presence on stage. The last show together at Carolina Rebellion was a powerful one, and I am happy to say that we ended our time together on such a high and positive note.

Lastly, I would like to thank our drum tech Mat Madiro for stepping up to the plate and learning our entire set in 24 hours, allowing us to continue this tour without a hitch. We have always tried to treat both band and crew as family, and the support for Mat from our other crew guys has been amazing, thank you all - Eric, Joey, Sam, Jeremy, and Mike! Another HUGE thank you to Volbeat and their crew for giving us their entire sound check at the Niagara Falls show to allow us to run through the set with Mat. They have been a great band to tour with and this act only further solidified to us what stand up guys they are on and off stage.

Nick, thank you once again for the hard work with us, we will always be grateful for the time we spent together with you on the road and in the studio.

Thank you all for your support and understanding.

Sincerely,

Paolo Gregoletto

So is Nick's drum tech Trivium's new drummer? Or could they bring Travis back, assuming he's on friendly terms with the band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Could kinda see this happening for some reason... Pity. He's a great drummer.

Be awesome if they got Travis back for the european shows...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I see Travis posted on the announcement "I am available"

Does anyone remember why he left in the first place? I think it would be a bad move if they have him back. There has been sure a resurgence in this band since he left. Probably a coincidence but obviously there was personal differences when they parted, whats to stop it from happening again?

Travis left because of ''some personal business'' and his relationship with Trivium had broken down & vice versa.

So will Nick's drum tech man the kit for the remainder of Trivium's tour dates

Is he any use?

Travis's performance on Shogun was the best of any of their albums. Be interested to see what he could do with Nick's stuff.

Although he is sloppy as fook live.

I don't know if Nick's drum tech is any good, i'll know that June 17th

Anybody else notice how Trivium replaced their drummers with their techs.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I don't know if Nick's drum tech is any good, i'll know that June 17th

Anybody else notice how Trivium replaced their drummers with their techs.

Heading along myself should be a good one. 4TH time seeing them.

Wonder will the new chap be long term.

7 weeks until Trivium play Ireland :D.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Heading along myself should be a good one. 4TH time seeing them.

Wonder will the new chap be long term.

Lucky you, this will be my first time seeing Trivium (and hopefully the first of many Trivium gigs). I'd imagine that the new guy will be long term.

First time seeing Trivium myself. Every other time theyve been here I had to miss them cause of exams :P 9 years worth of waiting finally done :P

1st photo of Trivium after Nick's departure from the band

10365980_10152083487404147_2600343173322594342_n.jpg

I wonder if this guy will be permanent or just a fill in until a new drummer is picked.

St. Jimmy wrote: »
    I wonder if this guy will be permanent or just a fill in until a new drummer is picked.

Probably a permanent member, til they replace him with his own tech in a few years :pac:

Trivium have cancelled their 4 remaining U.S tour dates on doctors orders as Matt Heafy blew out his vocal chords.

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2014-05-21/trivium-cancel-tour-dates-on-doc-s-orders

Trivium have cancelled their 4 remaining U.S tour dates on doctors orders as Matt Heafy blew out his vocal chords.

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2014-05-21/trivium-cancel-tour-dates-on-doc-s-orders

Says he should be good for Europe at least

Trivium's setlist for their Download Festival slot

1907991_10152574436250934_2964097640947495716_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Trivium's setlist for their Download Festival slot
    Thats odd they were meant to be running through their first Download set I thought as part of their show there. Maybe his vocal issues eliminated that plan.

Thats odd they were meant to be running through their first Download set I thought as part of their show there. Maybe his vocal issues eliminated that plan.

The plan was that they were due to headline the Red Bull stage (the one they were originally meant to play in 05) and were going to do the set. But the promoter bumped them up to the second stage so they had to make a longer set. Out of the 5 songs they were due to play, 3 of them are still in that new setlist: Flies, Gunshot and Pull Harder

Dublin band Psykosis announced as Trivium's support in the Academy gig. Fair ****s to them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Not the biggest Trivium fan but I do like these songs

Also Travis is an unreal drummer.

The plan was that they were due to headline the Red Bull stage (the one they were originally meant to play in 05) and were going to do the set. But the promoter bumped them up to the second stage so they had to make a longer set. Out of the 5 songs they were due to play, 3 of them are still in that new setlist: Flies, Gunshot and Pull Harder

Oh right I don't see why they couldn't do that anyway. Flies wasn't part of that set though it was rain, gunshot, the decieved, drowned and torn and Pull. Gunshot and Pull their 2 most played tracks live so no surprise to have them played. Id say the Download set will pretty much what we get at Dublin gig.

Matt Heafy's vocals are on the mend
    The voice is doing great. I've been training with Ron Anderson daily since the docs gave me the green light. Festivals.. Look out! Love, MKH

Dublin band Psykosis announced as Trivium's support in the Academy gig. Fair ****s to them.

I wonder how did they react when they found out?

I wonder how did they react when they found out?

They probably **** their pants. Which is a perfectly valid reaction when your band gets announced as Trivium's support. Very happy for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PatPatterson

Deadly! Fair play to them!

• Advertisement

Pro shot footage of Trivium's Rock Am Ring set from this past weekend

Advertisement