Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slimming World - II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

Wow Jaykhunter absolutely amazing! Huge well done to you, you must feel unbelievably proud and thanks for the tip

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sunshine2018

Hi - is there any magazine discounts available at the moment ? Want to bite the bullet (no pun intended 😂) and go back to class. Lost 3.5 stone a couple of years ago but it crept back on. A bit morto going back but !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Good news today! New shiny!

gXITtCs.jpg

This last half stone has taken forever! But just keep plugging away :) Something I found success with is eating your fill at meal times, so you're not snacking during the day. Also spending 3-5 syns on meals to make them more delicious, rather than hoarding syns all day to splurge at night time. Way too easy to blow past your 15 (or 25) in minutes! That's more enduring SW rather than embracing it, if you get me! Keep on fighting the good fight, we'll all get there in the end :)

Wow that’s just brilliant, well done! I’ve been doing that this week actually and I’m finding my cravings to splurge are much less than if I’ve had zero syns all day! It’s a great tip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Hi - is there any magazine discounts available at the moment ? Want to bite the bullet (no pun intended 😂) and go back to class. Lost 3.5 stone a couple of years ago but it crept back on. A bit morto going back but !

My consultant was saying there’s a joining coupon in Yours magazine

One pound down this week. Still a loss thankfully but had hoped for more.

Pretty much had a carbon copy of last week food wise but was down 3.5 pounds last week. Weigh ins a re a funny thing, sometimes you have to keep reminding yourself not to get too hung up on the weight week on week

Plan for this week is to take jaykhunters advice and fill up on free foods and speed to avoid cravings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

I'm sorry if this has been asked but does anyone know the syns for the blondie range ? I've picked up a few bits but cant work out the syns apart from the pizza

My consultant was saying there’s a joining coupon in Yours magazine

Thanks so much I picked this up so only paid €9 to join !

Hi - is there any magazine discounts available at the moment ? Want to bite the bullet (no pun intended ��) and go back to class. Lost 3.5 stone a couple of years ago but it crept back on. A bit morto going back but !

Don't be morto. We're all there for the same reason. And there will be plenty of us there who have been on and off plans before, you won't be alone. You can do this

Heyes wrote: »
    I'm sorry if this has been asked but does anyone know the syns for the blondie range ? I've picked up a few bits but cant work out the syns apart from the pizza

Searching blondie only gives me ben & jerrys icecream, jaffa cakes and cookie shot biscuits. No idea whats in pizza

Down 0.5lbs this week which I'm delighted with. I had a good week in the middle of the fortnight when I wasn't on plan but I've been perfect for the last six days so was hoping I hadn't done too much damage. I'm now just 3lbs off the 3 stone mark so extra motivation this week to stay on plan. Though I'm off to the parents tomorrow so I'm gonna have to be careful as my mums scones are delicious and one is never enough! I think I'll just shop at home tomorrow so there's plenty of speed in the fridge for me

• Advertisement

Searching blondie only gives me ben & jerrys icecream, jaffa cakes and cookie shot biscuits. No idea whats in pizza

Thanks it's an irish girl that launched her own range of slimming world friendly meals after losing 10 stone. Available in iceland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I'm going to try pick up a couple of things from the blondie range today.
    I've been sick all week, being fed by my oh, he tries but cooking healthy meals is not his forte.

My SW consultant posted this on our group on a discussion about the naked range syns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Week 6 back on it -0.5lbs
    Total loss in 6 weigh-in's -12.5lbs

I was hoping for a better loss but its a loss all the same... I deffo need to up the speed foods this week, 5 weeks to holidays!!

I'm LOVING my instant pot!!

Don't be morto. We're all there for the same reason. And there will be plenty of us there who have been on and off plans before, you won't be alone. You can do this

Thanks a mill - it was good to be back and everyone is so welcoming- glad to be back and look forward to weigh in next week 🀞

Down half a pound.
    Better than nothing. It's just so slow This time around.
    I'd really love to be in the next stone bracket by 2nd August, I'm going to a wedding and it's spurred me to really go hard at this.
    I've 6.5lb to lose by then, I think it's achievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Meeeee79 wrote: »
    Weigh-ins are a funny thing, sometimes you have to keep reminding yourself not to get too hung up on the weight week on week

This is great advice! Something I have to remind myself of. As long as the graph is sloping down over the month, we're making progress :)
    Shelli2 wrote: »
    My SW consultant posted this on our group on a discussion about the naked range syns.

Thanks for posting! I contacted their Facebook directly but they did not reply. Didn't expect to find out, one of the girls said that they couldn't tell us (as they're not a SW brand / haven't been tested yet).

So the Meatzza is 3 syns or free with HeA? Surely the boxty is 3 by itself, that's before the pepperoni! It's still 500+ calories. Feels too good to be true....fingers crossed!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    This is great advice! Something I have to remind myself of. As long as the graph is sloping down over the month, we're making progress :)

Thanks for posting! I contacted their Facebook directly but they did not reply. Didn't expect to find out, one of the girls said that they couldn't tell us (as they're not a SW brand / haven't been tested yet).

So the Meatzza is 3 syns or free with HeA? Surely the boxty is 3 by itself, that's before the pepperoni! It's still 500+ calories. Feels too good to be true....fingers crossed!

This I think is from her website. The meatzza is a different product it was like a burger with pizza topping. The pizza I heard is 3 syns (pan boxti) and a healthy A

Gave the Blondie Range pizza a try for Sat Fakeaway. Split a Pepperoni and a Spice Bag one.
    Honestly, I prefer my own homemade pizza with LoDough base.
    These are tasty though, the Spice Bag one in particular. Handy to keep one in the freezer for emergencies. 😉
    I had a pear & Apple while they cooked as I didn't fancy a side salad.
    To be honest I'm not sure of the syns. There's a few different values floating around and I'm not going to buy any more until it's clear.
    But I think...roughly 7 for the whole chicken and 10 for the whole pepperoni. They are supposed to serve 2.

I attempted and failed the PON hash browns this morning. They were grey and sloppy.

I'm feeling pretty confident and prepared for the coming week. Just need to stick to my plan now. Fingers crossed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Cheers Hayes. I bought the pan boxty pizza but gave it to my non-SW brother and I tried a little bit :D

2gdEjYp.jpg

It was fine, but it tastes a bit bland. Like when you're on SW u use spices and tons of free foods to add to the flavour so by itself it's a bit bland. I use boxty as a bread substitute regularly but if u don't this would be a great find, just add more toppings/spices yourself. This was a few minutes before the allotted time in the oven so maybe take it out around 15m.

Thanks for your input in it Shelli - will keep an eye out for the spice bag! Agreed with the "for emergencies" sentiment. Let us know how u get on with the hash browns, haven't been brave enough to try it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Shelli I tried the hash browns the first time and they were awful. I made them again at the weekend with the xantham gum and squeezed ALL the water out and they were lovely. Much nicer. I made them a bit big but still found them so tasty.

I'm trying to get back into SW started 1 year ago and had hoped to have 2 stone gone. I'm down 1. Bit disheartened but will keep plodding.

Anyone up for a habit change this week? I’m going to try and up my fluids intake if anyone is interested in joining me?

Anyone up for a habit change this week? I’m going to try and up my fluids intake if anyone is interested in joining me?

Yes great idea. I had full intention to do this last week but drank minimal water.

I have seen those syn values for the Blondie range floating around too but have also seen some warnings that they are not accurate and could be 3 times as much syns as that list. Id love to try them but until I can be sure of what im eating I think ill stay away in case I get hooked on one of them haha

Disappointed with a half pound loss last week so hoping for a much better result this week.

Really havent found any handy go to snacks yet that arent fruit and the hifi bars are getting a bit meh!

I'm in for a hydro-challenge!

500ml down - Aiming for at least 3ltr

Decided yesterday that I need to up my game.
    I've only been getting half pound losses the last couple of weeks, I'm back down around the weight I always seem to plateau at.
    I'm upping the water, back to tracking on MFP (helps me stop picking on free food if I see the calories add up) & I've an exercise plan!

I started the 30 Day Shred workout yesterday, I plan on doing it after work each day, it's only 20min so no reason not to stick to it. I also started back using the treadmill for 20min in the morning before getting ready for work.

I'm gonna spam you guys with daily updates! (cos it will help me stick to it & I've 5 weeks til my hols :) )

I’m going by cups coz I don’t have time to be measuring 😂😂. So two cups of weak black coffee and a glass of water in so far.

I’m doing full on nerd and packing a lunchbox for myself at home getting ready for the switch over back to work in a months time. I’ve lost almost three stone on slimming world but I’ve been on maternity so my biggest dread is losing my good habits when life resumes so to speak. I’ve had cooked lunch most days since I started so time to practice cold lunches!

• Advertisement

I've a water bottle that holds 500ml, that's the only reason I know how much I'm drinking...

I always forget to include coffee & tea when counting fluids, I'd a grande americano this morning so I suppose I can add that to my tallly too :)

I've a water bottle that holds 500ml, that's the only reason I know how much I'm drinking...

I always forget to include coffee & tea when counting fluids, I'd a grande americano this morning so I suppose I can add that to my tallly too :)

You sure can! Yeah I use a water bottle when I’m out and about but I do prefer a cup/glass at home. Picky I guess lol

Also if anyone wants some inspiration this is actually for my sons lunchbox but I’m gonna try out as much of it I can make sw friendly too

Mirrorwall, The best thing you can do is start back to work with good habits.
    I make sure I make my lunch for work every evening, sometimes it's a pain but it has to be done or I make bad decisions. We have an award winning coffee shop upstairs in my shop - it is far too easy for me to get a fancy sandwich delivered to my desk & the smell of banana bread being baked when I open the doors in the morning is unreal. If I don't have lunch with me I lose the run of myself!

I always have a couple of hi-fi bars in my bag, apples / mandarins in the fridge & couple of mug-shots in the press just in case (mug-shots wouldn't be my go-to but they are a better decision than the coffee shop!)

I also try & get outside & walk around the retail park for a few min on my break - It gets me out of the canteen when others are eating biscuits!!

Mirrorwall, The best thing you can do is start back to work with good habits.
    I make sure I make my lunch for work every evening, sometimes it's a pain but it has to be done or I make bad decisions. We have an award winning coffee shop upstairs in my shop - it is far too easy for me to get a fancy sandwich delivered to my desk & the smell of banana bread being baked when I open the doors in the morning is unreal. If I don't have lunch with me I lose the run of myself!

I always have a couple of hi-fi bars in my bag, apples / mandarins in the fridge & couple of mug-shots in the press just in case (mug-shots wouldn't be my go-to but they are a better decision than the coffee shop!)

I also try & get outside & walk around the retail park for a few min on my break - It gets me out of the canteen when others are eating biscuits!!

Totally on board there, the SuperValu beside work has the most gorgeous sausage rolls and there’s always nice stuff in the staff room so I need to be on point.

To be honest as a music teacher my lunchtimes are fairly chaotic with choir/supervision etc but my step count will jump a lot when I get back in the classroom!

• Advertisement

Day 1 and hit my fluid targets. And by god it was needed today with the heat. How did everyone get on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

When I do loose weight or have a decent loss it's the weeks I'm prepared. So on Sunday I'd make a lunch box of lunch for Mon and Tues. This week it's rice I cooked yesterday, 90g feta cheese, cooked smoked ham I did at home, corrainder and roasted veg. I'd salmon for dinner on. Sunday so roasted a few red onions, garlic gloves, some peppers, baby corn, sweet potato, cherry tomatoes and butternut squash. Then by Sunday night I'd two lunch boxes ready for the start of the week. I'll always have a lunch box of frozen chilli in the freezer that's handy with a baked potato and cheese if I batch cook it. Temptation is so hard and my will power is so low but if I'm organised it's easier.

Day 1 and hit my fluid targets. And by god it was needed today with the heat. How did everyone get on?

I'm gonna call yesterday Day 2 because I stared the 30 day shred workout on Sunday!

Day 2

Exercise -
    15 min treadmill
    Shred level 1
    Total steps 12,376

Water intake - 3.5ltr

Food
    100% on plan
    Syns used - 3.5

I have risotto at least once a week since I got it. I love risotto but never had the time to be standing over it before now.

Jaykhunter this is the instant pot. Its an electric pressure cooker and its great value in the sale. I paid over 100 pounds sterling in a sale for mine.

Can you send me over a link to where I could get the best recipes?

Can you send me over a link to where I could get the best recipes?

I mostly use the UK instant pot group on Facebook
    https://www.feistytapas.com/InstantPotUKCommunityRecipeIndex.htm?#Curry

What do you all think of your SW consultants?

Ive only ever been to the one consultant as the class times suit so well but I'm just not feeling the support or motivation really. You weigh in, she tells you your loss/gain, might say well done if its a good result but says nothing more if its anything less than say 3 pounds. Then you sit down and she starts the class where she tells us SW news of the week (12 week countdown sign up, new recipe books etc) and proceeds to ask a handful of members afew questions like "what tips would you have" etc

It just feels very repetitive, not very personal and rarely get any food ideas.

As I say this is the only consultant I have ever been to so I know no different, maybe this is how they are but interested to see others feedback and class structure

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ally_pally

My group was a similar structure but would take AGES as she would ask everyone a question. It was nice I suppose in that everyone felt included and valued but classes took forever and it ended up being too much of a time commitment.

It also always ended up with the same people speaking for ages too. I found it worked for me for the first few months but after that I found it repetitive and I wasn’t learning anything new.

I suppose by then I knew the plan and hearing Mary’s quark and miwadi recipe for the 5th time wasn’t helping me when the idea of quark makes me retch! 😂

It’s hard when you’re trying to fit group around your schedule and my one was by far the time that suited me best, but after a while it just wasn’t working for me anymore.

ally_pally wrote: »

I suppose by then I knew the plan and hearing Mary’s quark and miwadi recipe for the 5th time wasn’t helping me when the idea of quark makes me retch! ��

Interesting....................!! :):D

I've tried a few groups, they have follow the same structure... It's very repetitive.
    I usually go on a Thursday after work but by the time I get there they are usually half way through the talk & I weigh afterwards. If I'm off work on the Thursday I usually just weigh & run.

To be honest, if I had the self discipline to go it alone I probably would - I need to be shame weighed to keep me on track.
    I don't learn much in group but it's the little reminder that keeps me going... When I've been weighed in group on the thurs I'm more likely to stick to plan over the weekend...

I've been through loads of consultants.
    My first time around I had an amazing consultant, when she left I hated the new one and stopped going.....a slippery slope and ended up heavier than when I started.
    When I rejoined I hopped through about 3 different classes, went to each for a few weeks, but never clicked with a consultant so kept changing until I found the class I attend now. The consultant was really good and I got back into the swing of it......then she left a few weeks ago. The stand in is AMAZING, I love her, but she's only here for a few months until they find a full time replacement, and to be honest, I'm dreading her leaving.
    A good consultant makes all the difference, I know they all follow the same routine roughly but some a definitely miles better than others.
    If the replacement is not good I'm going to follow the stand in to her regular class even though it's out of my way.
    I'm paying 9e each week, I want the support of a good consultant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 MP4691

Hi. Does anyone know if there is an app for tracking activity for Body Magic.

MP4691 wrote: »
    Hi. Does anyone know if there is an app for tracking activity for Body Magic.

I've been using my fitness pal, you can add exercise each day. There is also a section down the bottom where you can add food notes & exercise notes.... I use the food notes to track syns.

Fully agree about the "Shame weigh" this is basically why I pay my €9! Just dont have the will power to keep me going without it

I follow afew consultants on instagram and just find them so useful with tips and recipes etc so maybe I was expecting too much from my consultant. Or maybe I will warm to her! Either way the weigh in part and the accountability of that is crucial for me so I will keep going.

Day 3

Exercise -
    20 min treadmill
    Shred level 1
    Total steps 10,200

Water intake - 3.3ltr

Food
    100% on plan
    Syns used - 12.5

My step count is a fair bit lower than usual at the moment, I'm bogged down with paperwork for a couple of weeks so stuck at my desk. I'd usually be 50/50 on the floor & at my desk, the last week the only time I'm leaving the desk is to fill my water bottle or empty my bladder!

I definitely found the shred a bit easier yesterday, It near killed me on Sunday... For a 20 min workout it really packs a punch & great for helping me de-sress! I muted the dvd & played my own music which really helped, it can be head wreaking listening to the same thing each day.

I’m not sure if it’s the discussion coming up here or what but actually I’ve realized I’m resenting my meetings and finding them very very repetitive. I’ll have to have a think about that over the next few weeks. I’ve done great, I don’t want to quit eating healthily in anger/frustration.

Water intake is great. Yesterday food was not. I pulled my back badly in the afternoon and could barely move. Ended up with takeaway dinner and heavy dose anti inflammatories and a muscle relaxant 🀦*♀️ A fraction better today. at least I’m managing to look after the baby fairly well even if he is currently tearing apart the sitting room 😂😂

I wouldn't advise quitting completely unless you have great willpower... maybe try weigh & leave.

I went to Rome last Oct & decided to take a break after, when I rejoined in Jan I was up a stone... not fun!

I wouldn't advise quitting completely unless you have great willpower... maybe try weigh & leave.

I went to Rome last Oct & decided to take a break after, when I rejoined in Jan I was up a stone... not fun!

Oh definitely not quitting entirely. I am considering a switch to ww for a few months though. A change might be as good as a rest and no harm to learn some portion control in carbs

I've never tried WW, is there much difference in the plans?

I've never tried WW, is there much difference in the plans?

The main one I can see is that potatoes, pasta and red meat aren’t free but you do have a higher points allowance.

TBH I’m seriously being drawn to the proper tech support and different meeting format. They don’t seem to do the round the room idea, they have a theme each week. I’m just finding round the room is driving me cracked.

The UK app is night and day (I’ve always dine their online). Apple Watch will sync steps to it. They have aligned with calm and aaptiv so there are meditations and workouts with in it. Right down to the simple stuff they are streets ahead. Like there’s is a barcode scanner. The diary autofills as you type and the search is a million times better than sw.

I really felt the lack of proper app support when I started sw compared to even the old weight watchers app. I’ve tried so hard with written diaries but it’s just not practical for me

• Advertisement

The main one I can see is that potatoes, pasta and red meat aren’t free but you do have a higher points allowance.

TBH I’m seriously being drawn to the proper tech support and different meeting format. They don’t seem to do the round the room idea, they have a theme each week. I’m just finding round the room is driving me cracked.

The UK app is night and day (I’ve always dine their online). Apple Watch will sync steps to it. They have aligned with calm and aaptiv so there are meditations and workouts with in it. Right down to the simple stuff they are streets ahead. Like there’s is a barcode scanner. The diary autofills as you type and the search is a million times better than sw.

I really felt the lack of proper app support when I started sw compared to even the old weight watchers app. I’ve tried so hard with written diaries but it’s just not practical for me

Mirrorwall I think this is exactly me too.

I did WW years ago and found the meetings great. Different theme each week, samples of food, topics that were really relevant and helpful to sticking to plan and as you say the app was fantastic.

Every week I start off saying I'll tack and then forget to bring the planner thingy so end up not writing any of it down. Ive probably gotten away with ti for the first few weeks as the novelty is still there but I can find the complacency slipping in now....

Hope your back isnt too bad, tough work with a busy baby

Advertisement