Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭suave.4u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Melodeon

For whatever it's worth, I set up my Turkey account using the Hide My Ass VPN (HMA). It went through fine on the first attempt.

Your mileage may vary of course, and I'm not going messing with mine to see if it still works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭shmeee

India is causing awful problems lately with new Credit Card Checks and VPN issues etc. I couldn't get anything to work with India so went to Argentina. Took maybe 2 minutes to swap.

As previously posted:

Couldn't get payment to work so just moved to Argentina sub, 2 minute job.

• Cancelled current Indian sub
    • Click 'Renew' new sub (with Argentina VPN on)
    • Paid in Ars179 (€1.50)
    • Entered random Argentina address for billing
    • Sub confirmed
    • Premium reactivated with same family members so no need to re-add.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭long_b

What do I do here please ?

VPN already connected to Argentina

Should I use desktop app instead ?

EDIT: Worked fine from desktop browser. Fire up VPN before browser.

Muchos gracias amigos

Post edited by long_b on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭POBox19

First payment today on a Revolut virtual card to YT Argentina of ARS119 shows up as $119 which is €0.88. Used TunnelBear VPN and an address in Argentina with postcode. I tried initially on a mobile but Google stopped that, as above, but it was fine on the desktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭LBF21

I got a notification today on the iOS app that you may see ads as your premium services might not work in this country. Hmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

As there's 32 pages I haven't scanned through, but if someone could answer this, I'd appreciate it:

• Do people in Boards set up family plans (€17.99/month), same as a thread here for Spotify? If so I'd be interested if there's any on the go.
    • If not, what's the least expensive way to get ad-free viewing please?

Thanks,

Pa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

No just sign up your own family group in Argentina for less than €2 a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Go to the OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Secret Seven

Got an email today to say my payment had failed. I forgot to change to my new Revolut card. I added the details of my new card and I got thios message "the card you have selected is issued outside India. We offer the following currency payment options - Razorpay - €1.74. I'm on my phone. Should I switch to laptop and use an Indian VPN to see if that would work?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Hi all

I cancelled my Indian sub as couldn't get revolut to work at all.

Got windscribe VPN set it to turkey and went incognito but prices showing as CZK.

On my google security location is near Czechia

Do i need a different vpn ? all help greatly appreciated

I couldn't get any of my new cards to work with India when one of them expired. I just switched to Argentina and worked first time with my Revoult card. Cancel India sub, turn on Argentina VPN and resign up to YTP with VPN on. Takes a few mins is all.

I couldn't be dealing with India; new regulations have come into play re payments / VPN's so it's too much effort and Argentina is €1.30 p/m vs €2.30 for India.

Thanks, that worked easily! Only 83c per month for premium! Better again!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

I used 'Keep Solid'. Wouldn't work for India, it connected but I couldn't access the internet. Worked fine for Argentina. I had no problem with it when I set up the Indian account. Must be a new thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Same problem but I could get my PTSB debit card to work. A tiny bit more expensive but it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Does anyone know if it's possible to subscribe to google drive plans using these methods for cheaper storage plans? Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Unfortunately not. Just gives me the normal euro price when Im logged in via VPN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Ah okay, thats a shame, from what I've just seen since posting, there seems to be not a huge difference on worldwide pricing for storage plans anyway.

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭BlackMask93

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

LOL. This is the EXACT question I was coming in here to ask.

Second part of the question. I'm already subscribing to Google One locally which happens to be the same gmail address as I'm using for Argentinian YouTube Premium.

Anyone know if I sign up in Argentina,

(a) will it let me?

(b) will it transfer all my stuff?

(c) Do I have to cancel the local one first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Hi. Using India for last 2 years.

Just got this mail. Am a bit lost as to what is meant by entering card details manually.

Do I sense a trip to India on the horizon😁?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭BlackMask93

(A) I can't see why it wouldn't, once you close the payments profile for the local in your Google Account it should be good to go.

(B) If you stick with the same account , cancel you current local Google One Sub and resubscribe to the Argentina Google One it should work fine. My only caution would be what happens when you cancel, any data that is over the 15gb free limit what happens to that?

(C) I would most likely say yes, the local one needs to lapse first.

Best Of luck

Would anyone be able to help as to what this mail means and what steps I need to take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

I'm guessing they're able to validate your card as being present in country by having you make a manual transaction with it. If the merchant ID doesn't match up, you're not resident & will be booted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

I used the Turkey route on my phone.

Downloaded Windscribe from google play

opened it clicked on Turkey hit connect.

went to Youtube on the browser on my phone and signed in

clicked on premium put revolout card details in

boom premium for €0.95 cent a month for myself or like €1.45 for family group.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Butson

Thanks again OP.

And thanks to the good people of Argentina.

2 months free then €0.83 per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Thanks all and for the clear instructions Nigz! Saved me an India trip to verify card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

My Google play account is down as Ireland but does it need to change to Argentina?

• Advertisement

I just filled in an Argentina address was all in the sign up process on Youtube premium, didn't have to edit my Google play account. I just checked that there now and still listed as Ireland on my Google play account details.

Again, may go through without filling in an Argentina address but for me it wouldn't when I tried it.

Thanks I'll try on desktop later. I was on the India plan nfl for whatever reason it stopped accepting my replacement revolut card

Exact same issue with me with India and new card.

And I signed up to Argentina via web browser on laptop also.

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

India gave up on me. Cancelled YouTube premium, connected to Turkey, loaded YouTube in my phone's browser and went to premium membership. Subscribed with my revolut card for 26 TRY a month.

Thanks all

Worked a treat. Forgot to do family but easy enough upgrade on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭coff66

Was just looking into this and was going with turkey on VPN but when went to get premium on YT music, I have as prompted to change my country on play store, is this what has to be done. It says you can only change your country once every 12months, would there be any issues with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭suave.4u

do it on desktop via browser. Once done, you can use the App

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭coff66

• Registered Users Posts: 19 panicbuyer

Do I have to wait until my India sub expires (Sep 30) to sign up to Argentina.. Thks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Youtube Premium Individual or Family plans

a) If you require a family plan, make sure you go to https://families.google.com/families and setup your family first.

b) Get a VPN eg tunnelbear. Switch it on to Argentina or India

c) Go to purchase youtube premium. Prices should be displayed in Indian Rupees or Argentinean Pesos.

d) Use an address from google. Use revolut for cheapest rate.

Once complete, turn off VPN and enjoy youtube premium.

So I do step a and b and then c. But in C (and quoting me the price in Argentinian dollars), when I click try it free for first month it tells me to update my Google Play settings to complete the purchase. "You need to be in the country you selected in your Google Play settings to purchase this item. If you've moved, learn how to change your country here".

Except it won't let me change from Ireland. A quick google shows others have the same problem. Has this loophole been closed now, or am I missing a step?

Update: never mind, I got a work around through my alternate gmail account.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JamesLenihan

Just a heads up noticed today my India membership didn’t renew for some reason and app was looking for me to renew at Irish price. When I went to India site to sign up again said it wasn’t available in my region for some reason, maybe vpn problems. Thought the jig was up but managed to renew on the Argentina site anyway. Maybe they are trying to weed out some accounts?

Edit: just read through the last few pages and answered my own question 😂

With India, it's a mix of new regulations on payments along with VPN's not offering a service to India also. Basically, if your on holidays in India still.... Get a plane to Argentina! Grand over here and no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Hi guys, can anyone steer me right on this

Using desktop..........Have gotten Hola, set to Argentina, browsing YT from that location.

Go to buy premium, giving me monthly charge in pesos. Grand. Entered an Argentinian postal address...

Payment with my own card kept failing (assume because its an Irish card) - Got Revolut virtual card, that kept failing. Linked Revolut to Google Pay, Set location in Google account as same Argentinian address im using for Youtube. This added Googlepay (with revolut card details) as a payment option on the premium trial...

That then looks to verfiy by sending a notification to revolut for you to accept on your phone. Thats grand, it tells you to return to merchants site. Problem is, thats the point that Youtube should switch to premium and begin my months trial, but it just stays on the "buy" screen for the trial. You can either go through that process again or close the popup, whereby Premium has not been activated..........

This is some PITH lads, any help appreciated...............

EDIT - Got it sorted. Decided to create a new Google account specifically for Youtube which I could setup with a new location and link that to Revolut/Google Pay. While doing this I opted to try Turkey for the VPN.

Worked like a charm. Didnt hang during the payment method verification like previously. Will relieve me of 94c a month once the trial ends! Turned off Hola and logged into Youtube as normal with my new email address, all location specific content reverted to Ireland.

Very happy bunny!

Post edited by Hyperbollix on

• Registered Users Posts: 25 FPLLeebo

If anyone is willing to include me into their family plan (I will pay appropriate price), let me know

Wow, followed the OP and set it up in under 5 mins! Thanks all.

Used Tunnelbear and set country to Argentina.

However, I didn't have to enter any fake address. Does this imply that next payment might get stopped?

Post edited by dinneenp on

• Advertisement

was looking to join a family but got my own account. As I can't delete, I just edited this post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

Thanks!

Post edited by gandroid on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

trying to do this with PureVPN, continually getting $11.99 a month even though VPN set to Argentina.

any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

So couldn't get Argentina to work, but appear to have got Turkey to work! Looks like it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gillamandango

Family Sub going up 179ARS to 699ARS from Nov for me. Just got an email about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement