Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Documentaries

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Oh boys you all really, really need to see Memphis Heat I am sure many of you have heard Bryan Alverez and Dave Meltzer enthuse about it in terms of a historical snap shot. I agree with all those reasons but it is also it is really, really FUN. Like the more whimsical and upbeat moments of Lipstick & Dynamite.

If you only ever seen Jimmy Hart in WWF & WCW. Oh boy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

yeah everyone's been raving about it; it's on the list. hopefully i'll get to it this weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

^^^

There's a full review of it coming in the next issue of FSM for anyone interested.
    All I'll say for now is I agree completely with Rovert. The Jimmy Hart material is astounding....

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭FreezeUp

Interesting posts about Bloodstained Memoirs on their Twitter / Facebook:
    The majority of the photography used on the Bloodstained Memoirs poster / DVD cover came from Fin Martin, editor of Power Slam magazine.
    One of my favourite reviews of Bloodstained Memoirs came from Pro Wrestling Illustrated magazine, which is the worlds longest running wrestling magazine.
    The Mick Foley shoot was organised in under 24 hours - that's why there was no time to set up an interview. But if you go back and watch the scene, it has one of the more elaborate filming set ups. Probably 50 different POV's in ten minutes. Lot's of storyboarding went in to that.
    When the Chris Jericho trailer was put online, it was the #3 most viewed film trailer that week on YouTube. Harry Potter took the 1 and 2 spots.
    To me, the best thing about making Bloodstained Memoirs was having breakfast with a Playboy cover model. Smash! Dave
    The business card Jimmy Snuka gave me on the day of our interview had a leopard skin background.
    Currently #9 in the Amazon wrestling section. A massive thank you to everybody!
    I've often thought that the people who moan that there isn't blood in Bloodstained Memoirs are the same people who moan about a lack of trains in Trainspotting. Dave
    We were originally due to film the Keiji Muto interview in a toy museum, brandishing Japanese artefacts. The church we wound up filming in was the same church my Grandfathers funeral service was held in about a decade earlier. Dave
    Chris Jericho loved his introduction in Bloodstained Memoirs. I know that because I was sat next to him the first time he saw it. Dave
    I wanted Al Snow to wear a suit in Bloodstained Memoirs, but he wanted to wear smart / casual clothes - once he saw the set he agreed with me. Dave
    The Rob Van Dam interview almost didn't happen, due to the fact Rob's then representation was putting a stop to interviews due to the Chris Benoit double murder / suicide that summer.
    The interview with Christian was delayed as Christian realised he had lost his phone just as we were about to begin.
    Roddy Piper's daughter was sitting just out of shot during our interview. Dave
    Mick Foley said to me once in an Email that he gets asked about Bloodstained Memoirs a lot. Dave
    Ultimo Dragon interview: my English questions were proposed to Dragon by an Italian man, in Spanish, and relayed back to me in English. It was an odd system which ensured the (not completely fluent in English) Dragon understood all questions perfectly. Dave

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Watched most of Orton's DVD (Evolution of a Predator) -- I'm not a fan of his these days but the DVD is very well made - it sifts between the build up to WM27 (Orton vs Punk) and a biography of his life, generally done as a shoot, which is really refreshing. Cool to see him on the road, going to radio shows, tv shows, backstage chatting, introducing his family etc. Good stuff WWE. If you're a fan at all I'd recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

barura wrote: »
    http://www.pinfall.co.uk/

Pretty good imo.

Sorry, I don't hang around here much anymore, so I just did a quick search for the site and no results.

Enjoyed this doc..,id say it took some balls or self-delusions to get in the ring with the other guys.Might see AJ Hazard in WWE someday,jaysus!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Just finished watching a documentary I just happened to come across called "Card Subject to Change".

It's about the indie scene and focuses on several stars, such as Trent Acid, Rhett Titus and older guys like Kamala and Kevin Sullivan.

I really enjoyed it as depressing as it was at points. Sad to see the deterioration in Trent Acid as it progresses, especially knowing what was to come.

It actually features the same indie that was in the National Geographic documentary too. I'd highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,341 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No better wrestler for a zombie thread to come back to life.

This is one of the best wrestling doc's I have seen if you get a chance to see do.

Nail in the Coffin: The Fall and Rise of Vampiro

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

No better wrestler for a zombie thread to come back to life.

This is one of the best wrestling doc's I have seen if you get a chance to see do.

Nail in the Coffin: The Fall and Rise of Vampiro

Where is it available to watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,341 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I watched it on Tubi which is a free streaming site but you need a VPN it's got loads of wrestling docs on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement