Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Documentaries

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Thought this documentary was just awful. I just wasn't engaged and it's just a series of interviews. Nothing of note, in my opinion :o It's above 1001 reasons not to be a pro wrestler or whatever that documentary is, chatting to people in the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

^ Couldn't agree more. That song between the scenes is just the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭FreezeUp

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bloodstained-Memoirs-DVD/dp/B005GEXAGG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317681168&sr=8-1

Its now on Amazon for pre sale - it will be on DVD later this month. I guess the App was a short term thing to get people talking again??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSHEIHTDznU

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Worst Documentary ever!
    The Interviews arent connected which was mentioned above!
    The interviewer doesnt express his views at all, At least in Beyond the Mat Barry Blaustein gave us his views and why he was making a doc and why he likes wrestling in the first place!

Mick foley doesnt even talk to the camera if I remember correctly,
    Jericho just talks about his f**king band! not at all about the sport in question. (giving the title being a phrase to describe your life in the wrestling business )
    and that song.. oh god that song....

-Kenny- wrote: »
    Worst Documentary ever!
    The interviewer doesnt express his views at all, At least in Beyond the Mat Barry Blaustein gave us his views and why he was making a doc and why he likes wrestling in the first place!

But who want's to hear from film makers? I subscribe to their blog for that. As the advertising material associated with BM suggests - I want to hear from wrestlers.

Again with Beyond the Mat comparisons. I think the wrestling fans who come out with the "worst thing ever" "absolute garbage" etc etc are not basing their opinion on the merit, or lack thereof of the content itself. (There is a reason the documentary picked up all the critical acclaim it did from both wrestling and non wrestling press, it wasn't an accident)

I'm really into "documentary" as a film making type - and there are literally thousands of different documentary formats. Just because it isn't in the vain of the beloved (and dated due to countless imitations!) Beyond the Mat. As far as comparrisons go, somebody on another forum suggested it was a similar to the WWE's excellent Fab 4 documentary: http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/xtnuc_realrap18_fab-4/1#videoId=x85znq Now wrestling fans loved that as it gave a great insight into the four performers. Nobody ever argues it isn't a documentary because its interview heavy. None of the interviews were related to each other. Now forward wind ten years and we have BM. Nine wrestlers, better production values, a "shoot" product where the guys (and girl) can say whatever they want yet certain circles want to constantly go out of their way to moan about it. Constantly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Needing Help

Bloodstained Memoirs is fantastic. Looking forward to the DVD release.

Welcome to PW boards Needing Help! :)

DVD Cover

bloodstainedmemoirscove.png

List of DVD extras: http://www.myspace.com/thebloodstainedmemoirs/blog/544493589

Cool list of extras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭barura

http://www.pinfall.co.uk/

Pretty good imo.

Sorry, I don't hang around here much anymore, so I just did a quick search for the site and no results.

What's the craic with the Bloodstained Memoirs DVD? How come it's only being released now?

• Advertisement

Bloodstained Memoirs came out today on DVD: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bloodstained-Memoirs-DVD/dp/B005GEXAGG

Great documentary with Jericho, Ultimo Dragon, Great Muta, Christian, Piper, RVD and others. Disc has a load of cool extras too.

blood_stained_poster.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

FreezeUp wrote: »
    Bloodstained Memoirs came out today on DVD: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bloodstained-Memoirs-DVD/dp/B005GEXAGG

Great documentary with Jericho, Ultimo Dragon, Great Muta, Christian, Piper, RVD and others. Disc has a load of cool extras too.

I've heard it was sh!te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Yep, it sucks. Doesn't talk to anyone long enough to cover anything interesting, Jericho talks almost exclusively about Fozzy and, IIRC, Foley's bit is basically just them recording him attending an autograph signing for the Hardcore Diaries.
    Pretty much every Highspots shoot interview I've listened to has been more interesting.

It's a horrible "documentary". You seem to mention it a lot on here FreezeUp, did you have some involvement in it?

It's a horrible "documentary". You seem to mention it a lot on here FreezeUp, did you have some involvement in it?

No, just been a long time fan since the early day's of its MySpace many moons ago when they used to announce who would be in it one wrestler by one, with a little write up of the interview. So I know how much hard work went into this so its something I want to give my backing to.

I'm glad you enjoyed the doc broski, but there's another thread (Wrestling Documentaries) and the response is generally negative to it. I'm sure it was very difficult producing and editing the doc, but the consensus (including myself) agree that there are far better wrestling documentaries with better expounded themes and narrative.

edit : moved the chat to the Wrestling docs thread.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'm glad you enjoed the doc broski, but there's another thread (Wrestling Documentaries) and the response is generally negative to it. I'm sure it was very difficult producing and editing the doc, but the consensus (including myself) agree that there are far better wrestling documentaries with better expounded themes and narrative.

Oh absolutely, BTM and WWS are two far better documentaries. But that doesn't make Bloodstained Memoirs any less great in my opinion, and is easily the best wrestling documentary produced in the last ten years.

Anyone heard anything about Memphis Heat yet? I think it should be out pretty soon.

1317390178-memphis-heat.jpg

Would Wrestling Road Diaries (Cabana/Bryan) count as a documentary? Made me turn the corner on Cabana, along with a great slice of what it must be like as an Indie wrestler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Memphis Heat seems to be already out, I've seen a fair few people talk about getting it today.

Wrestling Road Diaries is fantastic, considering the length and major budget constraints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Needing Help

FreezeUp wrote: »

blood_stained_poster.jpg

Got my DVD today. Just finished watching the extras as I'm too tired to watch main feature. I'm putting this in my top 5 wrestling DVDs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Does anyone know what the story with "Card Subject to change" is?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Does anyone know what the story with "Card Subject to change" is?

Its subject to change...

attachment.php?attachmentid=14947&d=1308157953

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Thank you, I'll be here all night. Try the veal and don't forget to tip your waitress!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Would Wrestling Road Diaries (Cabana/Bryan) count as a documentary? Made me turn the corner on Cabana, along with a great slice of what it must be like as an Indie wrestler.

I actually thought this was boring a fúck and I am a fan of both Danielson and Colt.

Had to stop watching the Wrestlemania documentary. Its just a horrible recap of the highlights of the manias up to when it was made. Dreadful. Do not waste your time.

Really? oh that's a shame. I quite like both of those docs. Was watching the Big Show and Jake Roberts WWE docs recently. Enjoyable; although Jake's is quite sad, it seems his demons are more well known than his early WWF popularity. Was kinda sad to hear Vince lamenting that he wished Jake was clean, he could've earned millions and been a massive star. Big Show's is quite light-hearted. Check out the extras to hear Triple H constantly recount the fat insults he'd hurl at Big Show. B a star indeed!

Big Show's is quite light-hearted. Check out the extras to hear Triple H constantly recount the fat insults he'd hurl at Big Show. B a star indeed!

Where is that, Jay?

There's some bloopers/bits cut from interviews on the extras portion; showing his wife, mates, etc. Disc 1 special features i believe. They had a lot of HHH delighting a little too much recounting fat stories about Show.

They had a lot of HHH delighting a little too much recounting fat stories about Show.

What an odd thing to put on your dvd!

This one?

wwe-big-show-dvd.png

• Advertisement

That's the one. I enjoyed seeing the WCW footage. I can't account for it's accuracy but how else would you recount the monster truck match etc! THE YET-TAY! They get a little emotional at the end talking about his weight (save Tripper cackling at his own jokes & stories). You can check out the DVD listings from silvervision as to what's on the dvd.

Advertisement