Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

I responded to someone making unfair points about the guy. That isn't me bringing him up, and there is nothing silly about that either.

As for your inference that I am flasher0030, if you think Im going to bother posting over 300 times on a fake account to make it credible, just so I can go over to the dubs page and agree with myself, you have another thing coming. Judging me by your own standards maybe?

The thing is, you are a mod, Im assuming you have some method of comparing ip addresses, which means you could check that out yourself, so why make the accusation? Pretty disingenuous in fairness.

Are you a flasher? :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Gael85 wrote: »
    Are you a flasher? :D:D

You must be a stoner alter ego
    :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Hey. I'm the Flasher. I don't want MayoareMagic to steal my Full Monty thunder.

Sorry for railroading the D Connolly discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

The thing is, you are a mod, Im assuming you have some method of comparing ip addresses,

If only you weren't so assumption prone, it would improve the accuracy of your posts significantly.

Stoner wrote: »
    If only you weren't so assumption prone, it would improve the accuracy of your posts significantly.

Kinda rich to be singing that tune, when you just assumed Im posting to myself with a second user account. Hypocritical even.
    Will you be backing this claim up?
    Can you back it up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Kinda rich to be singing that tune, when you just assumed Im posting to myself with a second user account. Hypocritical even.
    Will you be backing this claim up?
    Can you back it up?

No, he's too busy eating coddle to make amends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Saucepan of coddle and 11 pints. That be dinner to Stoner. Stout man,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Any word yet from Dermo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

He's too busy eating coddle too. :D

(Sans lentils obvs.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Too warm for coddle lads.

Extra carrots.

It's NEVER too warm for coddle, you fcuking heathen ! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Arra would you stop, it's not a summer dish.

Similar to drinking stout in a beer garden, you just don't do it!

Eh, look over at yer own signature there, ya mad eegit. :P

Didn't even know I had a signature!

Location, sorry, location. The stress of all this, has me poor brain quare addled.

• Advertisement

Oh that!

Tis an awful stressful time for everyone, not just us Dubs....the culchies have had their boards.ie comments ready to copy and paste from word documents since they heard DC was appealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Jayop wrote: »
    Any word yet from Dermo?

He's had the Benetti suit dry cleaned for his big day tamarra

DoctaDee wrote: »
    He's had the Benetti suit dry cleaned for his big day tamarra

How much do get paid for mentioning them? Ha

S'funny, since the age of 7, the Crofton Airport Hotel was notable for one and one thing only. It was where I had my First Communion lunch, which heralded in the start of my lifelong love affair with Yorkshire pud.

Now, it's notable as the site of two recent, far more infamous events:

- Dermo's 2am CCCCCCCCCCCCC meeting the day before the 2015 AI semi final.

- The shooting that reignited the Kinahan/Hutch feud.

I think we all know which event has caused the most collateral damage. :o

Slattsy wrote: »
    Too warm for coddle lads.

Extra carrots.

Stoner is on penance after the Carlow revelations.

Tomorrow is TK shandy day.

Kinda like Lough Derg but more craic and less Donegallers.

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote: »
    S'funny, since the age of 7, the Crofton Airport Hotel was notable for one and one thing only. It was where I had my First Communion lunch, which heralded in the start of my lifelong love affair with Yorkshire pud.

I went to the Clarence for my communion dinner. I peaked too early. Haven't darkened its door since, First ever Yorkshire pud as well.

I went to the Clarence for my communion dinner. I peaked too early. Haven't darkened its door since, First ever Yorkshire pud as well.

Fecking Dublin WestBrits. :rolleyes:

The Clarence part is more west Britty. A first Yorkshire pud in 1991 does not a west Brit make.

Also we prefer the term Jackeen. :P

Was about to say the same thing.

Awful carry on. Bet they like cricket too.

I love cricket.

Tarf Sixths 2009-2010 was my greatest hour. :)

Got my own gravy boat too. The mammy never put enough gravy on the roast schpuds at home. For once, I wasn't told to sit down and shurrup....and I got my very own, full to the brim gravy boat, thank you very much. Gas the things that made you feel special back then. I didn't even know what a bouncy castle was...never mind throw a strop that there wasn't one in the back garden all day long. :rolleyes:

So are we each taking 2 hour shifts during the night, to look out for the first sign of white smoke, or what? Or are we just gonna loiter in the Regency lobby for an hour a piece & bribe the night porter with chipper chips to keep us informed of "developments" ?

Thought the hearing was tomorrow night?

Or was sniffing glue again?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,145 ✭✭✭✭JRant

I believe Jeff sessions was just asked under oath about the Dermo controversy and what his views were on the possible life threatening events that unfolded during the Senate hearings tonight. You'll be glad to know he plead the 5th, thankfully diverting a possible return to Cold War politics.

Meanwhile on a little small Island just off the west coast of mainland Europe, Dublin agent provocateur MayoforSam was seen purchasing a new COYBIB bodhran, duvet and PJ set. (Only kidding Mayo, keep fighting the good fight)

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Checked Twitbook. Some reports saying it's tonight.

I thought it was tomorrow too but Off the ball said tonight/

• Advertisement

Got my own gravy boat too. The mammy never put enough gravy on the roast schpuds at home. For once, I wasn't told to sit down and shurrup....and I got my very own, full to the brim gravy boat, thank you very much. Gas the things that made you feel special back then. I didn't even know what a bouncy castle was...never mind throw a strop that there wasn't one in the back garden all day long. :rolleyes:

So are we each taking 2 hour shifts during the night, to look out for the first sign of white smoke, or what? Or are we just gonna loiter in the Regency lobby for an hour a piece & bribe the night porter with chipper chips to keep us informed of "developments" ?

Jaysus, loitering around the Regency would give a fella an awful name and possibly get Paul Williams on your case. You might even make the front cover of the Sunday World or whatever rag he writes for these days.

Same here.

Surely if all their ducks are in a row this will be a short hearing with a straight forward ban.

JRant wrote: »
    I believe Jeff sessions was just asked under oath about the Dermo controversy and what his views were on the possible life threatening events that unfolded during the Senate hearings tonight. You'll be glad to know he plead the 5th, thankfully diverting a possible return to Cold War politics.

Meanwhile on a little small Island just off the west coast of mainland Europe, Dublin agent provocateur MayoforSam was seen purchasing a new COYBIB bodhran, duvet and PJ set. (Only kidding Mayo, keep fighting the good fight)

See, there are some things I will never really fully understand. The mysteries of parallel parking. Marty Morrissey's hair line. The plot in Quantum of Solace. The Modh Coinniollach. And the MayoForSam thing. Is it one person, or many long suffering persons? They multiply across multiple interweb forums at the start of every summer....like...like...like...little baby frogspawn hatchlings, emerging from their eggs. Just how many of them are there? It baffles me. It really does.
    :confused::confused::confused:

See, there are some things I will never really fully understand. The mysteries of parallel parking. Marty Morrissey's hair line. The plot in Quantum of Solace. The Modh Coinnealiollach. And the MayoForSam thing. Is it one person, or many long suffering persons? They multiply across multiple interwebs forums at the start of every summer....like...like...like...little baby frogspawn hatchlings, emerging from their eggs. Just how many of them are there? It baffles me. It really does.

I view it more in terms of Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle.

I would have gone more along the lines of Schrodinger's Cat.

In terms of Mayo's quest for an All Ireland, when does a quantum system stop existing as a superposition of states and become one or the other?

But each to their own and all that. :D

I only assumed it was tonight cos of OTB. When all the heads here were chattering I thought it was pushed back.

Tony Hanahoe is getting welly for 2 nights anyway... Straight into the wee hours of Wednesday of them.

Yeah, that summer timeshare in Fungi-rola, doesn't seem quite the investment that Captain Fantastic once thought it was, huh? :rolleyes:

Ban upheld according to RTE. Let that be the end of it now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I would have gone more along the lines of Schrodinger's Cat.

In terms of Mayo's quest for an All Ireland, when does a quantum system stop existing as a superposition of states and become one or the other?

But each to their own and all that. :D

What's all this about my cat? :)

• Advertisement

Yup, that's that.

Furore avoided.

Thank jeebus

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ball In Towards

Can see this continuing... He can go now to appeal it again & again can't he? Like last time.

Not that he should. If you can't do the time...

He shouldn't. And I think that this will do it.

See, there are some things I will never really fully understand. The mysteries of parallel parking. Marty Morrissey's hair line. The plot in Quantum of Solace. The Modh Coinniollach. And the MayoForSam thing. Is it one person, or many long suffering persons? They multiply across multiple interweb forums at the start of every summer....like...like...like...little baby frogspawn hatchlings, emerging from their eggs. Just how many of them are there? It baffles me. It really does.

What is baffling about it? It is fans expressing their unwavering support, and hope at the start of a new season. I find some of the photos with oblivious random famous people a bit cringe, but the idea is completely genuine.
    What I don't get myself is the way some Dublin fans will say things like 'Kerry/Mayo/Whoever me b*ll*x', as a means of supporting their own team - as if people feel they need to insult someone else to do that..
    Give respect - get respect

(And before you start - you were the guy who brought it up.)

Didn't think he should have appealed and hope he leaves it at that.

On other note the over-turning of Murphy's suspension - and I have nothing against the chap - is another slap in face for refs. Why would you bother for 40 Euros or whatever it is?

• Advertisement

The question now is does the ban start now or from the day of the incident. Another question raised by off the ball. They thought it kicked in when it was accepted like Davy Fitz.

He'll appeal to the next court anyway.

Our long national nightmare is over.

(Again.)

Our long national nightmare is over.

(Again.)

Perhaps we should have a protest march or something?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Bonniedog wrote: »

Let's have a vigil, with candles, Guinness and coddle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Bonniedog wrote: »

Christy Moores writing a song for him

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement