Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Big Vern wrote: »
    Heard talk that some of the players are trying to convince him to stay. But nothing more than that.

i imagine he will stay , the wexford lads have been up here a few weeks ago watching his club team sixmilebridge , he has also brought the sixmilebridge team down to wexford last week for challenge games , he is still holding on to his strong connection with the county

he is not in line for the clare job at the moment so i imagine he will stay where he is

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭CRI0ST0IR

According to the local Wexford paper called the "Wexford People" that came out today, Davy is expected to stay for another two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

We better start selling more tickets in the Wexford County Development draw so. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭PatrickSmithUS

Matty Forde has been confirmed as a selector for the footballers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭purplepanda

Rumours that Davy is talking to Galway now. :eek:

Hopefully the county board have a plan B as we have the New York Hurling tournament in mid November & need management & selectors in place way before then. :confused:

• Advertisement

Rumours that Davy is talking to Galway now. :eek:

Hopefully the county board have a plan B as we have the New York Hurling tournament in mid November & need management & selectors in place way before then. :confused:

Sounds like pure speculation as he was out of the country until the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Sounds like pure speculation as he was out of the country until the weekend.

his two hurling projects are sixmilebridge and wexford at the moment , he has one eye on the clare job in around two years time i cant see any change until then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Any Wexford Football supporter offer an opinion on David Power's term as football manager.

Tipperary has just appointed him but I am not impressed.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Any Wexford Football supporter offer an opinion on David Power's term as football manager.

Tipperary has just appointed him but I am not impressed.

In fairness to him e came into it at a bad time with so many of the golden generation hanging up their boots.

However, I didn't rate him at all the play was terrible and they went backwards quickly as a unit. if he's any use it's over younger players not seniors.

Lotta rumours circulating that Davy is away to Galway.

Let's hope they're not true.

• Advertisement

He said he will make up his mind in the next day or two. Said he had no contact about the Galway position.

Wonder could DJ take over now that he has left the KK U20's if Davy steps down ?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

He said he will make up his mind in the next day or two. Said he had no contact about the Galway position.

Wonder could DJ take over now that he has left the KK U20's if Davy steps down ?

DJ Carey? Kilkenny's DJ Carey?.....not sure if serious!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

DJ Carey? Kilkenny's DJ Carey?.....not sure if serious!

DJ is either going to Wexford or Galway

DJ is either going to Wexford or Galway

I can't see DJ Carey of Henry Shefflin managing outside of Kilkenny before Cody retires.

They'll want to keep their powder dry for the big gig.

I can't see DJ Carey of Henry Shefflin managing outside of Kilkenny before Cody retires.

They'll want to keep their powder dry for the big gig.

Dj knows Henry is fav for the top job unless Dj does something big with a county team

Dj knows Henry is fav for the top job unless Dj does something big with a county team

I just cant see him coming to Wexford, i could be wrong but don't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

It's official Davy is staying for two more years.

Up Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It's official Davy is staying for two more years.

Up Wexford

Listening to Davy on radio this morning and he came across so flaky and unsure and undecided...almost "Oh, sure I'll do it. Aren't I so great."

Are Wexford that desperate for his services?

walshb wrote: »
    Listening to Davy on radio this morning and he came across so flaky and unsure and undecided...almost "Oh, sure I'll do it. Aren't I so great."

Are Wexford that desperate for his services?

Davy wouldn't do the job unless he is 100% wants to do it.

Its not that we are desperate for him, but the players clearly believe in him and want him. That's the important part.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Davy wouldn't do the job unless he is 100% wants to do it.

Its not that we are desperate for him, but the players clearly believe in him and want him. That's the important part.

Well, if you listened to him today he was not near 100 percent....

A flake is what I heard...

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Well, if you listened to him today he was not near 100 percent....

A flake is what I heard...

Well in fairness, just back from his holiday, was down in Wexford for the last day or so and then travelling back, so tireness might be one part of it.

Time will tell

Leinster Football Championship draw

Round 1:
    Wexford v Wicklow

Quarter-finals:
    Meath v Wexford/Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

RIP Art, legend of the game and legend of a man

https://wexfordweekly.com/2019/10/28/wexford-art-foley/

2 good wins over the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

2 good wins over the weekend!
    1st time we beat 2 capital cities in the 1 weekend?;)

Was the quality of the win though. Several points down when 1st man went and even 2 points down at 67 mins / 2 men down.

Galvin has walked just as things were about to kick off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Galvin has walked just as things were about to kick off again.

Timing seems completely off, considering county teams are allowed back training this week. A bit hypocritical too if you ask me considering he was pulling up lads for a supposed lack of commitment, yet he jumps ship before year one (of an albeit distrupted) of the project. Even if it is Covid relation, he could have had his management taking training till the next review in three weeks.

I just made a point in another discussion forum not far from here, that during the truncuated local championship, it almost seemed that the county board were at pains to ensure that Davy did some co-commentary etc.

The coverage was widely praised, but its noticeable that it has dried up considerably since the football resumed (they don't even have highlights of games any more), and Galvin was never part of any of the commentary teams.

His appointment alone boosted our profile outside the county, but its clear that it is still the poor relation within it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Patchin

Very bad against galway

• Advertisement

Advertisement