Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

Andrew Shore still to come back too. I rate him very highly and he could slot in as another ball winner in that half-forward line. The Wexford team is really starting to take shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

How many will be at Leinster final? 40k? 30 from Wexford and 10 from Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

sjb25 wrote: »
    So for all us Wexford fans the ticket madness begins already :)
    Info for everybody ah go on you know you want to go

From the County Board re Leinster Hurling Final tickets:

Clubs who wish to purchase tickets are asked to have their order with us by 9am on Friday morning next.

Tickets will be seat specific so it is vital when ordering family tickets that you have the exact number of Adults and exact numbers of Juveniles as when they are printed they cannot be changed in that area and families could be split up. There are no concessions/family tickets on the Hogan Stand.

General Tickets Sales at Innovate Wexford Park will start on Monday next and will continue daily thereafter from 2.00pm-4.00pm each day. On Monday next June 19th there will be late selling until 8.00pm and should it be necessary additional late evening selling will be facilitated.

Tickets will also be on sale at the other usual outlets - Tickets.ie, Centra & Supervalue.

GENERAL
    Hogan Stand (No Concession) - €35
    Cusack Stand - €35
    Davin Stand - €35

Hogan/Cusack/Davin Stand - €40 on the day of the game

FAMILY TICKETS:-
    1 Adult and 2 Juveniles etc.
    Family Tickets are only available for Cusack and Davin Stands
    Adults - €35 Juveniles - €5
    You are permitted to purchase 2 Juveniles ticket with every 1 Adult Ticket purchased

Students & Senior Citizens (Cusack & Davin Stand Only):-
    Purchase full price tickets and on the day of the match they can claim a rebate of €10 when they produce appropriate I.D. at Block D, Stiles 1 to 5 in the Cusack Stand (Rebate can only be claimed on entry into the stadium via BLOCK D prior to ENTERING THE STADIUM)

Wheelchair Tickets:-
    The Wheelchair Ticket are free of charge and the Assistant's ticket is €35

GROUP PASSES:- GROUP PASSES (Under 16s) - DAVIN STAND ONLY
    Groups Passes are provided for groups of Juveniles U-16 €5 each (you are permitted to bring 1 adult free with every 10 Juveniles) any additional adults pay full price for their tickets.

Won't be any madness, plenty of tickets available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

Won't be any madness, plenty of tickets available.
    Yes I know that it even says they will be available on the day!

I just ment the build up madness in general really ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Given that Wexford will bring a huge following, and that 'this is the year' for Galway, it's a possibility that there could be nearly 50k at the Leinster final.

It should be the largest attendance in 10 years anyway.

419753.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

Galway are known not to travel in big numbers but this year has been different huge crowd in tullamore for the dubs game. Expecting 10k to 15k max from Galway. Yes of course big crowd from Wexford will travel but realistically it's over 35k to 40k total crowd is realistic. Hoping for a good game and terrific atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭purplepanda

Long time since I went to a Leinster Final, the admission prices have increased a bit! Got my young lads, now grown up & brother hopefully making the trip over. Maybe they should open up Hill 16!

Long time since I went to a Leinster Final, the admission prices have increased a bit! Got my young lads, now grown up & brother hopefully making the trip over. Maybe they should open up Hill 16!

They can't open it as they are constructing the stage for the concert the following weekend or so I'm told

Ticket prices are what they are I suppose but in fairness the kids are very reasonable €5 for my young lads first ever game in croke park to watch Wexford in a Leinster final is not bad

This gave me a giggle

Hype train at full belt here

https://www.facebook.com/PunditArenaGAA/posts/1444485828951335

As the boss himself says lets chill the beans :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭topper_harley2

Um, don't forget we still have to beat Offaly yet lads, take each game as it comes.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Um, don't forget we still have to beat Offaly yet lads, take each game as it comes.....

Galway will beat Offaly at a canter. Its not disrespectful to say that. Offaly were very nearly relegated out of the Division 1B, Galway won out the division. Their last game (admittedly, a league game) Galway won by 26 points in Tullamore. Galway are now favourites for the All Ireland, and by most measures, the top ranked team in the country. Offaly are struggling to hold their head above Carlow, Laois and Antrim.

Galway will win, and will win easily. And deserve the favourites tag for the Leinster final. I want to see Wexford being consistent. We've had 2 good games now racking up a decent score. I want to see us keep that scoring ratio up and to keep the goals out. For a team playing sweeper, we concede far too many goals. If we do that, we'll be in with a shout of winning. Whether that alone will be enough is another thing, but I just hope to see the
    steady progress continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Bandage

bruschi wrote: »
    Galway will beat Offaly at a canter. Its not disrespectful to say that. Offaly were very nearly relegated out of the Division 1B, Galway won out the division. Their last game (admittedly, a league game) Galway won by 26 points in Tullamore. Galway are now favourites for the All Ireland, and by most measures, the top ranked team in the country. Offaly are struggling to hold their head above Carlow, Laois and Antrim.

Galway will win, and will win easily. And deserve the favourites tag for the Leinster final. I want to see Wexford being consistent. We've had 2 good games now racking up a decent score. I want to see us keep that scoring ratio up and to keep the goals out. For a team playing sweeper, we concede far too many goals. If we do that, we'll be in with a shout of winning. Whether that alone will be enough is another thing, but I just hope to see the
    steady progress continue.

Wexford won 1B.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Mulbert

Bandage wrote:
    Wexford won 1B.

Bandage wrote:
    Wexford won 1B.

Galway won the 1st division league title.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Bandage

Mulbert wrote: »
    Galway won the 1st division league title.

Good for them. Wexford won 1B.

Jesus right crowd at the park getting tickets wasn't expecting it that busy seeing as will be loads of tickets :)
    Great to see the bit of excitement tho

Seems to be great selling on the tickets front can't get cusack stand tickets online for the Leinster final at the minute. I'm sure Galway have a good few

Wexford park only seem to have davin stand family tickets left
    They have adult Cusack and hogan obviously

From Wexford Gaa Facebook

Available for sale today Wednesday 21st June from 2pm - 4pm only

Family Tickets - Davin Stand Section 323 & 314

Adult Tickets -
    Cusack Stand; 304 & 308
    Hogan Stand; 329 & 335

Glad I was off Monday and took a spin down got good family tickets in the cusack

You won't be far off it would seem

http://www.gaa.ie/hurling/news/huge-demand-for-leinster-shc-final-tickets/

massive crowd 45-50,000 if sales continue as expected

• Registered Users Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I must say I am starting to feel the buzz already despite it still being eleven days away. Secured lower Hogan tickets online earlier. Section 336 so in the corner, but really don't care as the view in Croker is generally grand. I don't actually understand the obsession with queuing down in Wexford Park for tickets, when they are readily available online. "Seating snobbery" I call it :D

As for the game itself, Galway are rightly favourites having scored 2-61 in their two championship wins to date, not to mention dismantling Tipp in the league final. However, it will be interesting to see how they live up to the favourites tag, as there is an argument that they have tended to freeze on the big stage when they have been the under-dog (two AI finals over the last five years for example). Different kind of pressure on them now.

Trawling through the record books made for some encouraging reading for Wexford. Galway have only beaten us once in championship before, a 2-22 to 1-14 win in 2010 when Wexford were in the doldrums. Six of the other seven clashes have resulted in a Wexford win, with the anomaly a draw in 1976 (Wexford won the replay). Weirdly, three of the times Wexford have won, they have gone on to win the All Ireland (1996, 56, 55) and the other three times we went on to lose to Cork in the final (1976, 1970, 1954). At least the omens are there for a date in September :D

While I don't agree with mind games in principle, I think the whole injury doubt around Conor Mac is a smoke-screen designed to have Galway second-guessing about his availability. Shaun Murphy may be a more legitimate injury concern, but then again he was against Laois too and made a miraculous recovery (different injury now I gather). Hopefully Shore is fit enough to make a telling cameo as his strength and fielding ability will be a huge asset to call upon against the physically strong Westerners.

My team provided everyone is good to go:

Fanning

Donohoe/Devereux Ryan Breen
    Murphy (if fit)
    Shore/Donohoe O'Hanlon O'Keeffe
    O'Connor Nolan
    Chin Redmond Mac (if fit)
    Guiney Morris

But I would not be surprised by a rabbit or two being pulled from the hat. The tactical flexibility and trust in the players are certainly two of Davy's strongest assets. I like too that they got all the media commitments out of the way last night. Allows them to 100% commit to their strategy without any interference.

It really gives me an enormous sense of pride to see the purple and gold flags and buntings starting to emerge. There's a real sense that we are back in the big time. I was even talking to a few young lads down in the club and the only thing they are talking about is Croker on July 2nd. I remember my first Leinster final twenty years ago (christ!). These current players are to today's young lads what the 1996 team was to me back then (with a lower average age profile :D). Hopefully they'll supply similar memories for "I remember as a young boy...."

Ticket sale info for next week for those wanting to go to the park

Ticket sales times for Leinster Hurling Final in Innovate Wexford Park for next week;
    Monday 26th June from 2pm-8pm
    Tuesday 27th June from 2pm-4pm
    Wednesday 28th June from 2pm-4pm
    Thursday 29th June from 2pm-4pm
    Friday 30th June from 2pm-4pm

Lower Cusack nearly sold out with the exception of very few scattered single & pair tickets

Upper cusack available now

• Advertisement

Time to get back on board after the Leinster final disappointment :(

So one more chance to make the semi, I wonder who we will get, don't mind as long as it's not KK :pac:

I hoping the Galway game will stand us in good stead despite losing to the better team on the day, experience of the big occasions matters a lot to an upcoming side.

Like most I believe that Galway are the team to beat this year, Cork are improving, Tipp still waiting to find their form, Dublin seem to have problems in the camp but still could cause an upset or even two, Clare I haven't seen much of & Waterford won't get a better chance to take Kilkenny.

We'll know more after the three games this weekend, looks like I'll be in the local pub all weekend then! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Niallers87

Time to get back on board after the Leinster final disappointment :(

So one more chance to make the semi, I wonder who we will get, don't mind as long as it's not KK :pac:

I hoping the Galway game will stand us in good stead despite losing to the better team on the day, experience of the big occasions matters a lot to an upcoming side.

Like most I believe that Galway are the team to beat this year, Cork are improving, Tipp still waiting to find their form, Dublin seem to have problems in the camp but still could cause an upset or even two, Clare I haven't seen much of & Waterford won't get a better chance to take Kilkenny.

We'll know more after the three games this weekend, looks like I'll be in the local pub all weekend then! :D
    well if it makes you feel anybetter; you cant draw kilkenny in the quarters; so it will be tipp, waterford or dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

saw a rumour Davy Fitz has walked away from ye ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

PTH2009 wrote: »
    saw a rumour Davy Fitz has walked away from ye ???

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

jca wrote: »
    Where?

http://humansofthegaa.com/davy-fitz-has-reportedly-quit-as-wexford-manager/

take it with a grain of salt though, site has been known to write ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

PTH2009 wrote: »
    http://humansofthegaa.com/davy-fitz-has-reportedly-quit-as-wexford-manager/

take it with a grain of salt though, site has been known to write ****e

It wouldn't surprise me as it's a dreadful cross country trek for him. Things are ominously quiet in the Wexford camp, it would be terrible to lose him as he pushed the lads hard and gave them confidence in themselves. No football manager either... The county that nobody wants.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Davy confirmed as staying with Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

Good for them, they can cut their teeth into 1A with Davy on board. Few injured to get back including Shore, that will bring them on.

Bump! Can one of the mods update this thread to a Wexford 2018 Hurling discussion? Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Bump! Can one of the mods update this thread to a Wexford 2018 Hurling discussion? Cheers!

Jaysis keep quiet will ya. We're doing ok. Don't jinx it!

Advertisement