Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,127 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The Ray D’Arcy TV Show...

Rubbish or Recycle?

The Ray D’Arcy Radio Show...

Rubbish or Recycle?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

You can say that again.

Cancer, Being orphaned, and being gay is great.
    Roz Purcell

On The Late Late Show.

Sarah Whiteacre writes:

Following 30 years in Toronto, tenor Colm Wilkinson is back on home soil and joins host Ryan Tubridy to take a look back at his glistening career, as well as treating us to a song.

After weeks of canvassing and debate, the RTÉ/TG4 Exit Poll results will be announced live in studio following the close of polls by David McCullagh and Páidí Ó Lionaird…

Author and influencer Roz Purcell spent years basing her self-worth on how much she weighed, but it took her sister Rachel to be diagnosed with chronic myeloid leukaemia for her outlook to change. Roz and Rachel join Ryan to discuss the events that led to this realisation…

Following his retirement from club and international football back in March, former Ireland player Jonathan Walters joins Ryan to chat about how the death of his mother at a young age had such an influence on his career…

Inter-county referee David Gough is the only openly gay referee working with the GAA, and David joins Ryan to discuss what it was like to come out in the sporting world…

Music will be from The Coronas and Ryan will be chatting with Danny from the band about their new single and upcoming tour of Ireland.

The Late Late Show, on RTÉ One tomorrow at 9.35pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

He was down at the voting station this morning, voting for his idiot cousin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

He was down at the voting station this morning, voting for his idiot cousin.

To be honest,its his constitutional rite to vote for whomever he likes. Taking a swipe at him for doing so is a low ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

you think he'd have played Bittersweet Symphony there.

Nice of him to play the Stones all the same - it was Westlife yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Intriguing, delicious, gorgeous, books books books, intriguing.
    Just waiting on phone bashing and Trump.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Intriguing, delicious, gorgeous, books books books, intriguing. Just waiting on phone bashing and Trump.

You'd certainly wonder how the contents of the show is not just his personal podcast. As it seems like it's his own tastes that he seems to be prepared to indulge.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Intriguing, delicious, gorgeous, books books books, intriguing.
    Just waiting on phone bashing and Trump.

I had to laugh the other day when he mentioned Game of Thrones and said "I won't go on too much about it as it's boring for people who don't watch it".

He then launched into something about books or school or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

you think he'd have played Bittersweet Symphony there.

Nice of him to play the Stones all the same - it was Westlife yesterday.

Youth Glover from killing joke produced bittersweet! It was his idea to add the orchestration! Great move artistically and i doubt there's any regrets but what happened next was a d1ck move by whoever...i can't remember who did it but it's complex and involves lots of people that didn't write the orchestration!

Youth Glover from killing joke produced bittersweet! It was his idea to add the orchestration! Great move artistically and i doubt there's any regrets but what happened next was a d1ck move by whoever...i can't remember who did it but it's complex and involves lots of people that didn't write the orchestration!

didnt realise it wasnt Ashcroft's idea to include the sample.

Andrew Loog Oldham, ex stones manager, produced the instrumental version of the Stones "The Last Time" that the orchestra sample was taken from. AFAIK he was responsible for taking full rights to the song (edit: for Jagger/Richards and himself)

It's good to hear Ashcroft has at last gotten his dues from the song though. And good of Jagger and Richards to finally start handing back their share of royalties from it.

Incidentally i saw Ashcroft in the Olympia a few weeks ago. He was great and he is right - Bittersweet Symphony is a masterpiece.

edit: I just read that Allen Klein was involved in it which is unsurprising. Wikipedia says that Klein got all royalities as he argued that the Verve used a larger sample of the original recording than they had been permitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

A full 3 minutes before our first “bonkers”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

So many breaks this morning

There was a newly elected Councillor on during the week that wore a scarf to hide her pregnancy whilst canvassing and herself and tubs were agreeing the hell out of each other and agreeing that a pregnant Councillor is no different to a male Councillor who's wife is expecting...

Now I've no issue at all with a pregnant person running for election none at all, but hiding it and then announcing it when elected is a wee bit dishonest?

And there is a tiny difference between a pregnant person and a non pregnant relation?

TNow I've no issue at all with a pregnant person running for election none at all, but hiding it and then announcing it when elected is a wee bit dishonest?

I heard that story in the media.
    Newly elected Dublin City councillor Marie Sherlock hid her pregnancy during her campaign out of fear of discrimination.

I think this is really sinister to use discrimination as a defence. By portraying it as such, she scares all journalists from asking questions.

Tubbs hanging around my village today. With a name like that he should know it's a local village for local people.

61916063_2209276759150561_8937082427575107584_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-mba1-1.xx&oh=46f14fa0abbee2f2f49a022dfbdf7666&oe=5D9DDA99

61840051_2209276692483901_5971796242882101248_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-mba1-1.xx&oh=2f6df81f66549b640217058c247bb3c5&oe=5D556ADC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭bobbyss

He's in Sligo today. Haven't heard him for a long time. The endless monologue at the start is still there. Love Island? What's that? Who cares? You get the feeling he's not enjoying Sligo. He hasn't forgotten his faux laughs.

".... and you were home in time for Liveline."

No he wasn't. When did Joe Duffy ever work on a bank holiday?

I think she’s a bit too young to remember ‘Hong Kong Phooey’, Ryan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

"He's a fine wood carver" declares Tubbs,in his best faux alpha male tone.

:rolleyes:

sligojoek wrote: »
    ".... and you were home in time for Liveline."

No he wasn't. When did Joe Duffy ever work.!

There SJ, fixed that for ya :)

Heading into Sligo town now. I should have gone in earlier and heckled him.

Get that ad break in at 9.56...

sligojoek wrote:

Is Sligo not a city yet?

They call it a city but I'd be more inclined to call it a big town.

Towards the end of the programme he said it's time to go out and meet the people. I immediately thought he wanted the limelight/applause/recognition but actually when he said goodbye they were well muted. Maybe there weren't many people at all? Or maybe Sligo people ( Sligoers ?) are ahead of others and have his measure?

He's hot tailing it to Clare to welcome Trump.

sligojoek wrote: »

It wont take him long to walk the length of the river..

• Advertisement

It's a very niche show :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement