Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Maybe the cars were in poor shape underneath. But they looked to be in super condition, at least from 2 feet away. I guess we'll never know. They are cans of Budweiser now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭elperello

outfox wrote: »
    Maybe the cars were in poor shape underneath. But they looked to be in super condition, at least from 2 feet away. I guess we'll never know. They are cans of Budweiser now!

I'll drink to that!

But seriously we must think we are a really rich country to encourage the destruction of serviceable cars.

While as you say some may have been rusted a lot of good cars are caught in the perfect storm consisting of our eccentric motor tax system and scrappage schemes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 countrydude

im looking for a peugeot 205 late 80s early 90s for parts either a hatchback or convertible im not fussy but prefer petrol engined car, ideally in munster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

For sale: 1978 Datsun 260z 2+2
    After years of not being sure whether or not to sell this, a loss of storage is motivating this to be re-advertised (I have other storage, just limited motivation to move it!).
    I bought this back in November 2009 in the UK. This was the PO's daily driver and was solid and ran great, if in need of a bit of a paintjob. I used it for a few months and then stuck it in my garage. Colour is burnt orange, has a 4-digit ZV plate and is NCT exempt. It's not a concourse car, nor could it ever be and it needs a bit of welding after being left for the guts of 9 years (drivers A-pillar, inside, and passenger floor has a split) but it's not in bad nick. It has a fabric sunroof, which I believe is the same as an MGB and this needs replacement (but isn't leaking). Interior needs a bit of work, steering wheel needs to be recovered and needs carpets fitting. Car is original throughout and has ducktail spoiler. Car had an intermittent misfire when parked up but when started in 2015 it was grand and ran like a clock! Be under no illusion that this is a show car, it's not but it's a very cool. I have pics and a video of it running from when it was moved in 2015 if anyone is interested.
    Car to be sold by 18th March or will be moved to long term storage.

20da5829.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,717 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Always had a sweet spot for them. I take it that's a pic you took on the ferry when you brought it in back in '09? Any indication of price? (I'm not buying it, herself would kill me, already have 3 cars :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭nova23

Anyone know of any 80s opel asconas lying up gathering rust, looking for parts

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bsaarmybike

Does anyone know of a tmc costin for sale anywhere? I missed out on one a few years ago. I8 know only about 39 were produced but there has to be one somewhere. Cheers Don

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭caesura

Hi folks,

I posted this in the main Motors forum a few weeks ago and it was suggested that I post here and some other places but as I had some interest shown I wanted to see how they panned out but as nothing is moving forward enough at this stage I thought it best to take up the suggestion and post here.

So here's part of the original post I put up outlining all the details...as I mentioned in my original post any further tips or pointers would be massively welcome!
    caesura wrote: »

This is a bit of a shot in the dark (and a long one at that!) but here's my question.

Are there any places or groups etc around the like to acquire and refurbish/recondition old cars.

And I don't just mean the classics (VW Beetle/Citreon CV4/Renault 4/Mini Cooper/VW Golf GT etc etc) I mean decent older cars...from maybe more of 'less waste' philosophy than a 'classic-car' enthusiast one.

I have an old 98 Polo Saloon (and yes I know they don't have anything like the reputation of the above...though actually it's a great car!) it's been off the road for a couple of years and the paintwork has been pretty badly weather damaged and I'm sure there are other problems but she always was and (I hope) still is a great car to drive and the interior is immaculate - there has just always been a lovely luxurious feel to the car and I'd planned on making it my project to bring her back to full mobility and loveliness.

But I left the car too long off the road while I was away and unfortunately the road tax built up quite high and as I'm likely to be heading abroad again soon the motor tax office told me the best option was to transfer ownership/sell/give the car away or have it recycled.

I know it's more likely I'll have to do the latter but I'd like to see if there is any possibility to do the former.

I've been offered money repeatedly for parts etc but I'd rather give the car away to someone who would give her the love and attention she needs to get back on the road.

Like I say I know this is a very, very long-shot but I thought I'd give it one last shot before calling the removal company.

So if anyone knows of ANY groups/companies/people etc who recondition old cars and might be interested in acquiring mine I'd hugely appreciate it if you could give me any advice on how to contact them.

Thanks and best,

Following the post above some people suggested posting on Autostadt and a Facebook Irish Cars of 1990s group...so I'm going to post on those now as well.

Thanks a million folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

I'm looking for an early-mid 90s Hilux, extra cab model (not crew cab). I'd appreciate any leads on one for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

looking for a decent drivers seat for a mk2 Transit. Mk3 seat might suit also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

im looking for a peugeot 205 late 80s early 90s for parts either a hatchback or convertible im not fussy but prefer petrol engined car, ideally in munster.
    Ive an alloy off a 1.6 or 1.9 gti if your interested, 20 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭daithi7

Hi Folks ,

I'm looking at maybe importing a 1990 car, so technically it's not a classic quite yet. Any advice on vrt, etc??

thanks for any pointers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

outfox wrote: »
    I'm looking for an early-mid 90s Hilux, extra cab model (not crew cab). I'd appreciate any leads on one for sale.

I don't but am a fan of the 'extra' cab. Have a (roughish) Pathfinder Kingcab in daily use, best of both worlds really, decent bed yet space behind seats for valuables etc. Yet Irish market seems to hate them, like hen's teeth...

daithi7 wrote: »
    Hi Folks ,

I'm looking at maybe importing a 1990 car, so technically it's not a classic quite yet. Any advice on vrt, etc??

thanks for any pointers.

Minimum VRT is €720 if it's a very cheap car worth €2,000 or less. What car are you considering and what value is it?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

daithi7 wrote: »
    Hi Folks ,

thanks for any pointers.

Don't bother because cost. Import something over 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Go on the condition of the car.
    If it is very good and worth the asking price then take the hit on the VRT.
    The saving of €500 VRT would be quickly eaten up if you have to do work to a mediocre car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Hi, looking for a 92-94 Toyota Carina E 1.6 petrol, keeping an eye on DoneDeal, Facebook etc but the guys exporting them are beating me to it, one came up on dd and I rang within an hour of the add going up and it was sold:mad: thanks Mac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭scannerd

Looking to change classics now, really liked the e30 but change of circumstances means my classic needs to be an auto now (crying softly) so straight sale or swap for 85-89 big motor auto / semi sporty considered !! BMW, MB, Porsche Toyota, happy to add cash for the right machine. I'm over 8k into the e30 so price is firm at 6k, or 5k on steel wheels.

https://www.adverts.ie/vehicles/1988-bmw-3-series-e30/16134562

20190407-115619.jpg
    IMG-0210.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Vintage Wolseley 14/56 Car Instruction Manual
    Late 1930s I believe.
    Good condition.
    €5 to cover postage
    PM if you want a photo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Hi all...

I'm selling my Austin Healey Frogeye Sprite,

DoneDeal link

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/austin-healey-frogeye-sprite-1960/22733052

10K seems a fair price, they are making a lot more in the UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Fiat Grande Punto manual in Polish(similar to Haynes manual) €5 + postage

T.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I have car or bike storage available in south Dublin, 10 minutes from either Heuston Station or M50 junction 9. Its dry, with light & power and in a safe location. Three individual units, big enough for an E60 5 series type of car at least. You will have your own key and security post. There is CCTV on the premises.

I must stress that the offer is for storage only not for pulling cars apart etc.

Very reasonable rates if you are a reasonable person :) Mostly just to cover insurance

Feel free to PM me for further details if you are interested

What's the insurance for, Duke? I presume all the cars stored there need to be insured by their owners. And I presume you are renting, so no need to insure the building, only contents insurance might be required and the contents are worth nothing / very little?

That’s just to cover my own backside, the alarm and RING subscription :)

Cars need to be insured by their owners, who will need permission to store the car at a non-home address.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 zaib365

This skyline would be a good option what do you think?

NISSAN SKYLINE 1998 white ER34 25GT Turbo F5 2500 cc AAC FR 200,280 131000 km R

the guy quoted € 11,200 FOB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kja1888

Anyone able to give me a dig out - I need a 16" 6 stud roadwheel for a 50's Chevy/GMC Series 2 half ton truck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

We have a Chevy Corvette C1 here for sale in very good condition, it was part of a bigger deal so we haven't touched it yet. Starts and drives. Located abroad can organise shipping no problem.

PM me for further details if interested.

Sweet! Big money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

unkel wrote: »
    Sweet! Big money?

Sending PM mate

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1983-porsche-924/23521548

It was quite an emotional afternoon, getting this ad ready.
    Reality has set in though and I can't watch her sit through the winter.

Sigh!

NWEzMmIxM2U4NDViMGY2N2RhM2QxODdjMzZjZWNmOGSjyyKbAPucoJrIhYtiafJKaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzY2NDY3NDB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Advertisement

Best of luck with the sale!

I've seen your car in the flesh, it looks really nice. I can only imagine how tough it is to part with the car after 10 years knowing you are going to get something sensible and for the first time in a very long time, you will no longer have a classic car :(

I sense in between the lines that you have stopped using it already?

I've seen your car in the flesh, it looks really nice. I can only imagine how tough it is to part with the car after 10 years knowing you are going to get something sensible and for the first time in a very long time, you will no longer have a classic car :(
    It is kinda tough, though it really helps that it's winter which and the least classic-friendly time of the year. It'll hit me in the Spring.

Am I still even allowed to buy Classic & Sports car? :pac:
    I sense in between the lines that you have stopped using it already?
    Well the NCT is out, and I now have the Alfa so I can't justify driving it to work. Though I did take her for a spin around the area yesterday to keep her ticking over!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Feck D. :( I've followed your journey with this car for ages. Still I completely understand why this is the right time. The best of luck with the sale, small issues notwithstanding someone's going to get a very nice car, especially at that price.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Thanks Wibbs. Not a decision taken lightly.
    Wibbs wrote: »
    The best of luck with the sale, small issues notwithstanding someone's going to get a very nice car, especially at that price.
    I've had one offer already, but too low, too early. A lot of "watchers" waiting to see who blinks first. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Pythagorean

I have a few items for sale; Workshop manuals for Fiat 125, Hillman Hunter, Datsun Cherry, Fiesta mk 2. Fiat 125 rear lights, incomplete, Fiat125 rear seat pulldown divider, Hillman Imp air filter housing. Not looking for much money, like to see them go to a good home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭TigerTim

I've tinted side glass that came off a 1979 Mini Clubman 1275GT years ago. Green tint. Glass for both doors & both rear side glass. Of use to anyone?.

T.

Best of luck with the sale Lightning, well sorted car for the only that.

Good luck!

Someone will get a good car. :)

You're braver than I!

I'd rather not see someone else driving the car all the time, and also not have to face the buyer in case something really expensive cropped up in short order. :p

Well done though. Better done quickly like ripping off a plaster.

• Advertisement

That was quick, well done.

I'm surprised at how quick both yours and Dades' cars went. I wouldn't have imagined the 924 market here to be particularly busy.

My dad has been contemplating selling his too.

You can sell anything if you're realistic about price, Duke!

But yeah, given the time of year (and the sh*tty weather) you wouldn't expect much interest.

Maybe Brexit is spooking people...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Dades wrote: »
    You can sell anything if you're realistic about price, Duke!

But yeah, given the time of year (and the sh*tty weather) you wouldn't expect much interest.

Maybe Brexit is spooking people...

This!!

I've a few bits and pieces from the e30, I have had a few (13!! :) and they are all gone now.
    I've chrome window frames, grille parts, engine service light reset module that you plug in, and a whole pile of clocks, some switches, pipes, wheels etc
    What are these worth? Is there any demand? I put the ad up on e30 owners before but no interest, think the site is gone quiet.

I know I need to get a prior list of what is there, it's between a few car boots and a shed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Unfortunately most of the owners clubs have all gone on Facebook which has killed the forums. If your on Facebook you could put them up on e30owners and e30zone. I'm currently restoring a 325i sport but have most of the parts I need!!

I have a good and useable gearbox from a 1938/9 Austin Big 7 (900cc) for sale. Will fit an Austin 8 too. €150

I've a gearbox from an 180sx, and an auto box with torque converter from an s13 silvia
    200 for the pair

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭flange888

Anyone got two front wings for a Mk1 Golf GTI?

I’m looking for two headlamps for an Austin 7. Anything of the period (30s) will suit. No luck with donedeal/eBay unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭selfdiy

Hi All,

I'm looking for some Opel\Vauxhall\General Motors memorabilia.

Flags, Light signs, enamel signs etc.

Anything considered.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement