Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭lawgrad15

Tort people from March - how are you structuring your study at the moment? I added in some chapters I didn’t have time for in March, and still feel like it’s too early to go learning all again.

I covered as much as I could for March so thankfully I don't have much new material to learn off. I am mainly doing past questions at the minute and making points of anything which seems difficult/don't understand. Agreed re: not learning yet - still have lots of time to learn notes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭HappyKitten62

lawgrad15 wrote: »
    I covered as much as I could for March so thankfully I don't have much new material to learn off. I am mainly doing past questions at the minute and making points of anything which seems difficult/don't understand. Agreed re: not learning yet - still have lots of time to learn notes off.

I’m pretty much the same. Just threw in defamation as I’d left it out for March. Yes good idea with past qs etc - it’s such a weird time because it’s hard to know when to properly start learning off. I feel like 2 weeks before the exam is more than enough time, and at the moment we have 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Coulter97

Do people actually leave out sections for the exam? It's bizarre to me. I'm anxious enough as it is -
    I can't imagine leaving out entire sections to revise!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

You have to. It's no possible to cover every topic. It's advised to have 8 to 10 topics well learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭HappyKitten62

Coulter97 wrote: »
    Do people actually leave out sections for the exam? It's bizarre to me. I'm anxious enough as it is -
    I can't imagine leaving out entire sections to revise!

It’s not possible to know everything, especially if you’re sitting 4 at a time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Coulter97

You have to. It's no possible to cover every topic. It's advised to have 8 to 10 topics well learned.

Ah okay. Looks like I've been studying the wrong way for the exams :(

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭DFMCD190384

Anyone any predictions for EU in August?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 katlikins

Hey, does anyone have sample answers from Griffiths or one of the other prep colleges for EU and Tort? DM if so!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Debarramike137

anyone got Equity and company stuff to swap? I have tort and property stuff to trade, private me :)

What are people covering for Tort? It’s such a huge course and looks like it’s not the most reliable exam! Working full time so stressed already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 BugsySiegel

Coulter97 wrote: »
    Ah okay. Looks like I've been studying the wrong way for the exams :(

Get exam grids for the subjects you are studying. They basically show which topics have come up in each sitting. There is some effort to keep the exams unpredictable but some topics come up in nearly every sitting [eg Competition in EU]. If your not using exam grids to check the regularity topics come up you could easily be spending a ton of time studying topics that rarely make an appearance. I know people who have gambled and passed some of these after studying 6/7 topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭lawgrad15

Just be careful too about leaving out huge amounts of topics for some subjects. Like in constitutional, the questions are regularly a mix of different topics so if you omit lots of smaller/less important topics, they could be of some importance. For other subjects, like property from memory, there is less reliance on mixing.

The Venue for the Cork exam is the Neptune Stadium for EU / Tort. Just received an email back from Law Society. Still no October dates yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

What are people covering for Tort? It’s such a huge course and looks like it’s not the most reliable exam! Working full time so stressed already!

I've done notes on the following topics from the manual, and I'm currently examining sample answers on professional negligence working my way down the list again.

1. Negligence
    2. Professional Negligence
    3. Nervous Shock
    4. Occupiers Liability
    5. Product Liability
    6. Defamation
    7. Defences in Tort
    8. Remedies
    9. Passing Off
    10. Limitation Periods

I've done them in my own order with the first 8 being very common based off what I've seen over the papers from the last 10 years. I felt 8 topics was too little and would leave me with zero choice in the exam where I would have to answer the only 5 topics that came up for me, so I threw in 2 small enough topics (9 and 10 above). That's just my experience so far, don't use it as a rule of thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dobby896

The Venue for the Cork exam is the Neptune Stadium for EU / Tort. Just received an email back from Law Society. Still no October dates yet though.

I really wish they would get a move on with releasing the October dates, work are on to me about what time I need off and I can't be 100% sure that they'll be going ahead at the usual time (i.e. first 2 weeks of October)

I asked if there was a provisional date and they just said that it would be released "shortly". Obviously things may all change subject to CV but a rough guide would be great .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Alisonnnn

Would someone be able to tell me which date EU and Tort are on in August? Is Tort on the 11th and EU the 13th?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ann1994

Has anyone received their recheck fee from the Law Society? I got one rechecked and passed it. I have emailed and tried ringing but no response.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 lawd20

Tort didn’t sit in March, it was cancelled!
    I think I read further back on this thread that the paper was sat by the people who wished to sit it.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 LawStudent1234

lawd20 wrote: »
    I think I read further back on this thread that the paper was sat by the people who wished to sit it.....?

No that was Eu. Tort didn’t sit at all it was completely cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 marylavelle

Hi, would anyone have an exam grid up to and including March 2020 for Company, Constitutional and Contract? I can swap for papers, notes etc. Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Angela21

Hey

Anyone have recent sample answers for property and company. Can give in exchange for exam grids

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fe120R

Is anyone else still waiting on copies of their scripts ? I requested them in early May and still nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Fitz_95

Did anyone else who received their scripts for Property find the marking from the intern examiner a bit odd? my front cover page was marked as 60 next to each question I attempted and inside the paper the only numbers are a 60 at the end of each question? my other papers are marked very different with scores written at the end of each question and then a tally on the front pages with them all? is this normal Property examiner type marking?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ignacius

Would anybody have an up to date tort Grid and be willing to send me?I have sample answers v happy to send. Please DM!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ignacius

Ignacius wrote: »
    Would anybody have an up to date tort Grid and be willing to send me?I have sample answers v happy to send. Please DM!

Got sorted. Thanks very much! ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Hi would anyone have a sample answer for a limitations essay question for tort? I have some other sample answers I could swap! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fe12020oct

Does anybody have a company grid please? have grids / notes for most other exams to trade !!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Healyjhow

Would anyone please have any sample answers for tort ? Have grids for all other subjects willing to swap ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Jenosul

Hey guys,

Just confirming EU is the 12th August? Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement